LiveFight
December 17, 2017, 09:16:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Hatton vs Cotto
Hatton KO/TKO
Hatton Points
Cotto KO/TKO
Cotto Points

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatton vs Cotto @140lbs 2004  (Read 2286 times)
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

Hatton coming off the back of a great performance against Mike Stewart, Cotto off the back of beating the unbeaten Kelson Pinto. Who wins and why?

Personally Id back Hatton in 2004 to win a close decision maybe by 2 rounds. Scrappy fight, both fighters getting tagged on several occasions. I also believe Hattons chin could withstand more punishment than Cottos back then too, but I dont see a stoppage either way tbh.
LiveFight
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »

Cotto by decision

Miguel didnt really start struggling with weight untill the back end of 2005, and was a mean puncher at 140. Hatton's punch resistance was very good in 04 (as testiment to him walking through BOMBS thrown by Kostya a year later) so a 12 round fight is probably the natural outcome.

I just feel that Pederson, Vilches and Stewart were dire opponents and in no way were they ideal prep for a fighter like Cotto

Ill tell you what though, it would have been a scrap and a half!

Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:12:10 PM »

Cotto by decision

Miguel didnt really start struggling with weight untill the back end of 2005, and was a mean puncher at 140. Hatton's punch resistance was very good in 04 (as testiment to him walking through BOMBS thrown by Kostya a year later) so a 12 round fight is probably the natural outcome.

I just feel that Pederson, Vilches and Stewart were dire opponents and in no way were they ideal prep for a fighter like Cotto

Ill tell you what though, it would have been a scrap and a half!

Wasnt Pederson a replacement for a fight with Pinto which fell through or was it the Harris fight what fell through?
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »

Wasnt Pederson a replacement for a fight with Pinto which fell through or was it the Harris fight what fell through?

Yes, Pinto was the original opponent but he pulled out late

Pederson was a lightweight with 1 fight in 18 months if i remember correctly

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: