LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 06:37:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roy Jones claims Hopkins doesn't want to fight him  (Read 4349 times)
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« on: July 08, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

“I would love to fight Hopkins, but the last time we got into talking about that, Hopkins said we had to give Golden Boy a bunch on money right off the top!” said Jones. “Ever since he's just been fighting everybody else – Winky Wright, Antonio Tarver, Joe Calzaghe. If he don't wanna' fight me he should just say so. The last time we talked about it, I offered Bernard sixty [percent] to the winner and forty to the loser – I ain't heard from him since.”
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:53:07 PM by WelshDevilRob » Logged

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

Jones is shot nowadays.

I dont blame Hopkins really - as he is chasing unbeaten champion Froch or a bloody cruiserweight in Adamek.

In their primes, well, we know how it went dont we?  Wink
joey_ed27

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:35 AM »

Both figthers are to blame for not having a rematch during their "prime" years.  Now that both of their careers are almost done (specially Jones), not even a hype job of whose ducking who deserves any attention. 

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:22 AM »

Jones should just hang them up. He is after the $$$ and the only reason Nard would take it would be for $$$ cos he is currently several echelons above Jones's Level.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:02:34 AM »

He also is thinking about heading back up to heavyweight to take on the Klitschkos!  Shocked

That would only end up in a bad ko loss in both cases.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:02:34 AM »

Sez
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »

He also is thinking about heading back up to heavyweight to take on the Klitschkos!  Shocked

thats just crazy talk!!!  Shocked
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 08:26:11 AM »

Lol sorry but RJJ would have his neck snapped by Wlads jab, He just aint quick enough anymore.

Surely this is all balls? He cant really be considering it? Why doesnt he just retire it aint like he's skint is it
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »

Lol sorry but RJJ would have his neck snapped by Wlads jab, He just aint quick enough anymore.

Surely this is all balls? He cant really be considering it? Why doesnt he just retire it aint like he's skint is it
I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Some fighters just can't let go. Imagine the legacy Jones would have if he quit after the Ruiz fight!! He's tarnishing it now. If not in achievement while at the top it's the way some people will remember him.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »

I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Some fighters just can't let go. Imagine the legacy Jones would have if he quit after the Ruiz fight!! He's tarnishing it now. If not in achievement while at the top it's the way some people will remember him.

Couldnt agree with you more Deck, The same thing could quite easily of happened to Joe if he carried on, If he came out of retirement and fought say Froch & loses would people bang on about him being an all time great? one fight can make all the difference. The trouble withm RJJ he's having lots of fights after quit time  Sad
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »

Everybody believes Roy is fighting for too long after his Prime.
He clearly lost his Prime after that Ruiz fight.From then onwards he just went South and the losses continue to pile up.
When he fought Calslappy Roy had not scored a knockout in over 6 years and that shows how shot he was.But still he can beat some Club fighters and nothing more.

Southern Storm
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »

It could be worse, he could be Holyfield and rack up around 11 losses and risking his health at age 47.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »

It could be worse, he could be Holyfield and rack up around 11 losses and risking his health at age 47.
He soon will be if he keeps going.
BrownBomber

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »

Jones should have given him the rematch years ago when 'Nard was crying out for it, he was so up his own arse that he kept fobbing Hopkins off saying he was not worthy, remember that interview with Hopkins in the ring after a fight years ago when they engaged in a live interview in the ring and Jones was questioning his credentials as a champ, the "who I am" nonsense reminded me of a couple of gangster rappers feuding.

Funny how things change, Jones is not even an afterthought now and he is rightly chasing far more meaningful contests, even in the shape of Froch which speaks volumes about the demise of Jones Junior.

Would he have entertained the possibility of the Cobra if he had beaten an opponent other than Taylor?

Ich Dien........
jim1973
V.I.P

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

I for 1 would not want to watch Jones fight whoever he was facing, he just ain't the same any more.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: