LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 09:50:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smith-Simpson  (Read 1519 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: September 03, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »

Thoughts? Obviously Team Smith for me with no bias at all  Grin

Tough fight though so early in Stephen's career, think Simpson is pretty under-rated
LiveFight
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »

G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »

I was just gonna post a similar thread cos this is a really intriguing fight.

Simpson is not spectacular but is solid and does everything ok. I have to confess i haven't seen a ton of Smith but it's a huge step up in class for him at this stage of his career. His handlers must think he's ready i guess.

I suppose i'd guess Smith will take the early rounds with Simpson coming on in the second half. I wouldn't like to bet which way it's gonna go but i see a points decision.

I was gonna have a bet on Smith on points but i've been stung betting against Simpson before.

Good fight.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »

Thought Simpson would wear him down late, till I just saw the weigh in  Shocked Jesus Smith looks in good nick. had a bit on both by Stoppage. Smith 8-1 Simpson 9-2. Why are you bias for team smith?
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 08:04:02 PM »

Big fan of Smith. Hes a good boxer, he punches well, and he has looked very much in control in his early fights. They have to move him on from the last fights he had, but Simpsons a big step up from the likes of Reid, and Thomas in his last fight. But in fairness hes had extensive amateur background, but i think fighting Simpson this early is a big question mark.

Because Simpson is a decent all round championship pro fighter, he does nothing spectacular but does nothing particulary poorly either. I will be putting my money on Smith in a fight i want him to win, because i feel Smith has a lot more chance of making waves at a higher level than British and commonwealth than Simpson does, but he has to win this fight. Its going to be hard because he disposed of Stevie Bell another decent amateur and Truscott easily (especially the second outing, which was pretty brutal). Simpsons probably in the form of his life.

If anyone getting knocked out it may be Simpson, but his beard is pretty reliable and has been in with dangerous fighters, but i think Smith can seriously dig when getting some space. But it looks like its going to points, so maybe Smith at 7/4 to win on points maybe worth a small punt. Looking forward to this fight much more than the main event.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:30:30 AM »

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:30:30 AM »

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:05:20 AM »

smith looked bigger than  i thought,i thought simpson would have come in more ripped .at te head to head smith looks like a rabbit cought in the head lights
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: