LiveFight
December 12, 2017, 04:37:05 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotto 146 Clottey 147 ***Spoilers***  (Read 13060 times)
ANTuno

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »

Cotto pretty much has a new staff around him, but he has this one.   Wink
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 03:20:23 PM »

As has been mentioned, Cotto was fighting on the outside before Margarito inflicted  damage. I believe that the broken nose was as a result of Cotto allowing himself to be cornered by a plodding Margarito, and Antonio landing hard when Miguel should have been tying him up.

Why are you picking and choosing what points you respond to, I have responded to all of yours.

I've responded to the most important points and the ones I can be arsed responding to. What haven't I answered exactly? You haven't exactly countered the argument that borders on scientific fact that constant blood flow through the mouth affects breathing and therefore affects just about every other physical activity you intend to overtake, but Cotto could have countered this with 'smartness'Huh? Give me a f****** break.
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »

HBO TO BLACK OUT IVAN CALDERON FIGHT

Kery Davis, HBO's senior VP of programming, said said his network doesn't have a bias against little guys. He said that Calderon will get his opportunity to fight on HBO in the future. But Davis had one caveat as he was talking to Calderon during Wednesday's press conference at the Garden.

"Look spectacular in this fight and you'll get your shot," Davis said. By spectacular, Davis means a knockout.

I was looking forward to seeing him fight again.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »

I've responded to the most important points and the ones I can be arsed responding to. What haven't I answered exactly? You haven't exactly countered the argument that borders on scientific fact that constant blood flow through the mouth affects breathing and therefore affects just about every other physical activity you intend to overtake, but Cotto could have countered this with 'smartness'Huh? Give me a f****** break.

Claiming my Mayweather-Hatton comparison is 'horrendous' and yet when I prove otherwise there's no comment back. If it truely was a terrible comparison you would have shot me down and I would be incapable of responding.

You're displaying an inability to read, it was due to a lack of ring intelligence that Cotto found himself with a broken nose in the first place, getting trapped on the ropes and allowing Margarito to rake him with uppercuts, do not pretend that Miguel adopted his running approach after being hurt.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »

Claiming my Mayweather-Hatton comparison is 'horrendous' and yet when I prove otherwise there's no comment back. If it truely was a terrible comparison you would have shot me down and I would be incapable of responding.

You're displaying an inability to read, it was due to a lack of ring intelligence that Cotto found himself with a broken nose in the first place, getting trapped on the ropes and allowing Margarito to rake him with uppercuts, do not pretend that Miguel adopted his running approach after being hurt.

It was down to receiving a punch that Cotto got his nose broken, that's kind of an occupational hazard in boxing, damage to the face can be elicited??! Don't patronise me either, doesn't suit you.

The comparison is ludicrous for reasons I have stated twice and thrice fold. Go back and read my comments as to why it is a stupid statement.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 05:07:24 PM »

It was down to receiving a punch that Cotto got his nose broken, that's kind of an occupational hazard in boxing, damage to the face can be elicited??! Don't patronise me either, doesn't suit you.

The comparison is ludicrous for reasons I have stated twice and thrice fold. Go back and read my comments as to why it is a stupid statement.

You claimed Mayweather's size and strength advantage over Hatton was the reason why the approaches could not be compared, I was referring to the variation we saw from Floyd, the way he set his feet and put his weight behind hard shots to offset Hatton's rhythm and wear him down. To suggest that Cotto was incapable of repeating this against Margarito (a man who does not capatilise on his advantages in size and strength) is incorrect, the first round alone is evidence that Miguel was more than capable of utilising this approach, a tactical error caused by a lack of ring savvy resulted in him abandoning it throughout the rest of the fight.

I only patronised you due to you seemingly being angry with my response, it was you after all who admittedly threw in a bit of baiting earlier in regards to Mayweather. Damage is of course part of boxing, and I am still unsure of the punch that broke Cotto's nose, but I do remember Miguel barely being touched by Antonio is the first round when he stood his ground, he did indeed embarrass Antonio and am sure that the result would have been different if that approach was maintained, even more so now having seen the number Sugar Shane did on Margartio.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

Wink

Cotto-Clottey weigh-in
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »

You claimed Mayweather's size and strength advantage over Hatton was the reason why the approaches could not be compared, I was referring to the variation we saw from Floyd, the way he set his feet and put his weight behind hard shots to offset Hatton's rhythm and wear him down. To suggest that Cotto was incapable of repeating this against Margarito (a man who does not capatilise on his advantages in size and strength) is incorrect, the first round alone is evidence that Miguel was more than capable of utilising this approach, a tactical error caused by a lack of ring savvy resulted in him abandoning it throughout the rest of the fight.

I only patronised you due to you seemingly being angry with my response, it was you after all who admittedly threw in a bit of baiting earlier in regards to Mayweather. Damage is of course part of boxing, and I am still unsure of the punch that broke Cotto's nose, but I do remember Miguel barely being touched by Antonio is the first round when he stood his ground, he did indeed embarrass Antonio and am sure that the result would have been different if that approach was maintained, even more so now having seen the number Sugar Shane did on Margartio.

Mayweather was the bigger and stronger man just like Margarito was, hence the bad comparrison. Its also the reason he was able to sit down on his punches, because he knew Hatton couldnt touch him. What you are saying by telling us that Cotto should have sat down on his punches is like saying Hatton would have been more succesfull against Mayweather had he sit down on his punches. As for Shane he was the bigger man unlike Cotto, which is the reason he could bully Margarito. Cotto simply isnt big nor strong enough to bully Margarito

Gaz is correct, thats a hideous comparrison.

You also keep harping on about that first round, as if Cotto held center ring and sat down on all of his punches, which he didnt. Margarito held center ring for the durration of the first round and Cotto threw far less power punches than he normally does.

He also broke his nose at the start of the second round which is why he had to change tactics because he was swallowing blood and couldnt breath. To claim he is brainless for this is ridiculous.

ANTuno

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 02:29:31 AM »

Anything yet?
el jenso

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 03:06:13 AM »

cotto will knock clottey out tonight, their is no doubt about that.  Just in what round.
el jenso

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:31 AM »

Everybody talks about the margarito fight.  As soon as margarito got caught in the mosley fight with plaster wrapping that conversation should have stopped.  Margarito is a disgace to boxing and his last five wins should be expunged from the records.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »

cotto will knock clottey out tonight, their is no doubt about that.  Just in what round.

No he wont  Wink

Maple Leaf

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 04:02:29 AM »

Cotto breaks down Clottey who cannot evade him. Cotto is too strong and Clottey doesn't have the punch nor the plaster. :Smiley
Maple Leaf

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:47 AM »

Cotto will just do what he always does with viscious body shots mixed with head combos to win at least a clean decision.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2009, 04:06:49 AM »

Cotto will just do what he always does with viscious body shots mixed with head combos to win at least a clean decision.

Spoiler would be nice
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: