LiveFight
December 13, 2017, 03:12:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Booth plans to get personal  (Read 1842 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: September 10, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/booth-plans-to-get-personal-59484#more-59484

Booth plans to get personal

Jason Booth is planning to to anger big fight rival Steve Molitor, by taunting him about his brother who is in jail for murder. The Canadian (32-1) star defends his IBF world super-bantamweight title against Booth (35-5) at Rainton Meadows Arena, Houghton-le-Spring tomorrow night (sat 11/9). Nottingham’s Booth is a big underdog, but been tipped off that the champion hates being sledged in the ring.

Molitor’s brother Jeremy was sentenced to life in prison back in May 2005 after being convicted of second degree murder, although he can apply for parole in 2016. He became embroiled in a car park row with a former girlfriend and stabbed her 58 times before she bled to death.

Molitor is so close to Jeremy that he is allowed to spend occasional weekends with Jeremy in Millhaven Penitentiary, Ontario.

Booth’s trainer Tony Harris said: “Molitor’s got issues. In fact, we’re going to talk to him. One of my former fighters, Ricardo Samms boxed for England against Canada in amateur competition. He was told by one of Molitor’s team-mates that if you start talking to him he loses his composure. What could Jason say to him? Is that your best shot, how is your brother? How is your bro.?”

Harris has been a father-figure to recovering alcoholic and one time drug use Booth since the fighter begged him for money in a strip club seven years ago.

Harris recalled: “We were celebrating one of my fighter’s wins in a t*ty bar, and he kept pestering me to lend him £20 quid.

“I told him I wanted to speak to him privately but drink had set in.

“From there I tried to rehabilitate him and it took me a year to 14 months to get his head right.

“I was on his case two or three in the morning, watching him. I lost my wife, took a lot of shit. I rented a house for him, paid the rent out my own money.

“We went through a bit but he always showed me respect, when he went wrong, he always apologised. He’s done me justice now and deserves this chance.”

In the chief supporting bout to, British featherweight champion Martin Lindsay (16-0) boxes a non-title eight rounder Belarusian Yauheni Kruhlik (10-12-2)

Local stars in action include Tony Jeffries (7-0-1), Jon Lewis Dickinson (8-1), Travis Dickinson (6-0), Trevor Crewe (2-2), Gary Fox (2-0), Kirk Goodings (4-0), Martin Ward (8-0), George Watson (8-1-2), and debutant Glen Foot.
LiveFight
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »

Obviously it's Harris saying that at the moment but I wouldn't agree with Jason saying that in the ring. That's just me but I think it's going too far.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »

Obviously it's Harris saying that at the moment but I wouldn't agree with Jason saying that in the ring. That's just me but I think it's going too far.

I agree mate.  Although I read the other day that Nicky Booth is a crack addict now to presumably Molitor could ask the exact same question back.
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »

agreed booth's had his own personal problems that i'm sure he wouldn't like to be taunted about.
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

Its a little excessive to say the least, but if it gets the other fella out of his zone then,  Undecided

As Hurricane stated, the demise of Booths own brother could be fired as a sharp counter. Perhaps this will shape up as a verbal war with no punches connecting for the first couple of rounds, gumsheilds out lengthy diatribes the order of the day. The fight should be marketed as "The Brothers Grimm"

Gere in Galapagos.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »

booths gonna take a bad beating here
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

I agree mate.  Although I read the other day that Nicky Booth is a crack addict now to presumably Molitor could ask the exact same question back.

Being a crack heads, not as bad as being a murderer in fairness.

But I doubt Booth will say anything, as he seems genuine, and doesn't seem that kind of petty person.

They've all had there personal problems, hope they are ignored and they get down to business.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »

Being a crack heads, not as bad as being a murderer in fairness.

But I doubt Booth will say anything, as he seems genuine, and doesn't seem that kind of petty person.

They've all had there personal problems, hope they are ignored and they get down to business.

I wasn't comparing the actions of the respective brothers, just pointing out that both protagonists in the fight are no doubt equally sensitive to someone saying "how is your brother" in an antagonistic way.

But I agree that Booth has always seemed like a decent enough guy who wouldn't start taking things to that level.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

Dont start a war when all you armed with is a pea shooter
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: