LiveFight
July 15, 2018, 07:23:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye is set to recieve an honorary Doctor of Science award  (Read 1629 times)
angel
Executive Member

« on: September 16, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »

David Haye (pictured) is a contemporary boxing legend known for his energy and professionalism and for being a role model to young people.  He will receive an Honorary Doctor of Science award for his boxing success. He is currently WBA Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World.

Boasting the hand and foot speed of a middleweight and simply unimaginable power, he scooped and unified all the major world cruiserweight titles within an explosive four-month period, before venturing to heavyweight and capturing the World Boxing Association’s (WBA) heavyweight title.

Born in 1980 in Bermondsey, South London, David Haye’s progression towards the combat sports was a natural one encouraged by his parents.  At one point he was steered towards martial arts but at just 10 years of age stepped into the Fitzroy Lodge boxing gym and quickly caught the bug. Over the years, Fitzroy Lodge would become home to Haye.  Articulate and intelligent, David realised the importance of school grades but was lured by the riches and accolades of boxing.  He left school at 15 with no qualifications but enough grounding to understand that sport is business.

David Haye began his professional career as a cruiserweight in 2002.  Blessed with a knack of ending fights in dramatic style and intent on taking risks, ‘The Hayemaker’ quickly became a UK favourite and ultimately The Ring magazine’s Champion.
Cruiserweight fights saw him beat WBO title holder Enzo MAccarinelli and his high profile battle with Monty ‘Two Gunz’ Barrett signalled the arrival of Haye in the heavyweight division. His title shot came against 23 stone world champion Nikolai Valuev in 2009.  Overcoming the ‘Goliath’ of boxing in 12 rounds, he fulfilled his life-long dream of lifting the WBA world heavyweight title and now installed as champion, he looks to replicate his cruiserweight success and unify the heavyweight titles.
While enjoying his achievements, he is actively working to give something back to the sport and has  used his entrepreneurial skills to develop his international ‘Hayemaker’ business which helps develop young talented boxers who are looking to become professionals in the sport. He has also given his time and support to Anglia Ruskin University’s  new Postgraduate Medical Institute which is helping to develop the expertise of the medical profession for the benefit of people in the East of England including top sportsmen and women.

A role model to children, who would want their kid to act like and say some of the things Haye has said?

LiveFight
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »

angel
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »

I think Haye can now call himself "Dr", at least Dr Ironfist and Dr Steelhammer actually studied to get theirs and weren't just handed them so the university can get some headlines and publicity.  
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »

How bizarre!   Huh?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

A whole host of people receive honourary degrees or doctorates every year so its not like this is anything out of the ordinary.  Bill Bryson received one from my alma mater in 2002 when I graduated.
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

A whole host of people receive honourary degrees or doctorates every year so its not like this is anything out of the ordinary.  Bill Bryson received one from my alma mater in 2002 when I graduated.

True! I think they are bullshit though.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

I can understand honorary degrees for exceptional people in exceptional circumstances but i dont think haye should get one....yet atleast

I have a degree in science FOR REAL....where's my honorary heavyweight world championship belt.... Roll Eyes

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: