LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 05:49:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexander vs Mabuza?  (Read 1714 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: September 29, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/

Alexander vs Mabuza?

A Purse Bid was held in the IBF Office yesterday for the IBF Jr. Welterweight Championship mandatory defense between champion Devon Alexander and Kaizer Mabuza. Branco Sports Productions was the only bidder. Branco bid $ 101,500.00. The winning bidder has 90 days to put the fight on.
September 29th, 2010
LiveFight
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »

See it's making better than average journeymen the mandatory fight that makes fighters give up the IBF belt. They have absolutely no interest in getting the best fighters to compete for it.

Alexander should press for this fight to happen ASAP as it's a formality at best.
styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

See it's making better than average journeymen the mandatory fight that makes fighters give up the IBF belt. They have absolutely no interest in getting the best fighters to compete for it.

Alexander should press for this fight to happen ASAP as it's a formality at best.

Alexander may be on the up but he's another one that can't draw a crowd. $100k is pathetic. Split that between the 2 fighters, throw in manager-trainer %age, and it's not much for 3-4 months work.
King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »

boxrec says he's scheduled to fight Bradley...?

I must say that I wasn't that impressed by Alexander's performance against Kotelnik. Urango he finished. I am not denying his talent but it seems that he can do with a bit more experience. So Mabuza doesn't sound that bad. I stand to be corrected.

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: