LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:55:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatton wishes he had made Pacquiao agree to testing for their fight  (Read 7188 times)
liamo

« on: November 03, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »

http://www.boxingshite24.com/2010/11/hatton-wishes-he-had-made-pacquiao-agree-to-testing-for-their-fight/#more-44820

By Sean McDaniel:
 Former two division world champion Ricky Hatton says he wishes he had Manny Pacquiao agreeing to the same testing rules as he did for his two failed bouts with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Speaking to the thenational.ae, Hatton said ďI could have had those rules, but I wasnít bothered. Maybe in hindsight, I should have done. I must admit, I fancied my chances against Manny. A few years ago he was getting knocked down by little men like [Juan Manuel] Marquez; then all of a sudden he is knocking out Oscar de la Hoya, myself and [Miguel] Cotto, who are powerhouses in comparison. It is a little bit strange. He could be on what Floyd is accusing him of [performance-enhancing substances], or it could be that he is just a great fighter who has improved. We will never know.Ē

Yes, Hatton should have pushed for the random blood testing for performance enhancing drugs for his fight with Pacquiao in 2009 if he was worried about it. Now, itís too late for Hatton do anything. He was knocked out viciously in the 2nd round and his career went down the tubes in that fight. Hatton hasnít fought since then because heís lost his drive for the sport.
Itís unfortunate that Hatton wasnít more assertive in his fight with Pacquiao in terms of pushing for drug testing. Hatton certainly had the clout to ask for the testing to be done. Whether he would have gotten Pacquiao to agree to it is another matter. Itís too bad because Hatton seems to be torn apart by the loss and itís never a good thing when youíre not certain about what the outcome would have been like under different circumstances.

The only way Hatton can rest these fears is by getting back in the ring and beating a couple of fighters in quick fights, and then pushing for a rematch with Pacquiao. Thatís the way Hatton needs to do it if he wants to clear his head from the memory of his loss to Pacquiao.

Hatton thinks Mayweather would have beaten Pacquiao, saying ďI think Floyd is too good defensively. He is so hard to hit, and I think he might ultimately just have a few too many tricks up his sleeves for Manny.Ē It might be a good thing for Pacquiao that he and Mayweather havenít fought.

LiveFight
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »

liamo

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »

As much as i love the man I cant help but think he's clutching at straws!!
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

isn't this interview from a while back ?

as much as i love him floyd and pac are a just a level above ricky, and he sounds like he could be coming over as bitter, after getting destroyed in 2 rounds.
liamo

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »

as much as i love him floyd and pac are a just a level above ricky, and he sounds like he could be coming over as bitter, after getting destroyed in 2 rounds.

I thought it was a bit odd myself,  but its dated as yesterday.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »

The website that came from is utter rubbish, as you can tell by the meandering journalistic style. They no doubt republished it to get a few more website hits.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »

Grin hatton looking for drugs tests.....ironic.
liamo

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

Grin hatton looking for drugs tests.....ironic.

Thinking that too, Surely if reports are true he would have failed the tests himself!!?!?!!
cutefix

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »

Yes, being Hatton admirer I can't believe this recent claims  come from him.....Why would he make a fuss about such
until its too late.....? Sad
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:13 PM »

Yes,

This is from ages ago.

I would say that this thread is best locked?
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »

Because that would have made the result any different!!!

I have to laugh at these comments as if Manny has been proven guilty of this shite.

Fook peaking to early.

Any Ricky Hatton getting into that ring loses to Manny, no question in my eyes.

As much as i love hatton, there was no way he was beating him.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 08:47:43 PM »

Because that would have made the result any different!!!

I have to laugh at these comments as if Manny has been proven guilty of this shite.

Fook peaking to early.

Any Ricky Hatton getting into that ring loses to Manny, no question in my eyes.

As much as i love hatton, there was no way he was beating him.

I'd agree with that. No version of Ricky would have beaten Manny that night. However what produced 'that version' of Manny is still in question in my eyes.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 12:41:26 AM »

Ricky would never have beat Manny that night and it's stupid to fuel the claims of a crackhead and a woman beater, This is from a while back though i remember reading it at the start of the year.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »

whether manny was/is on something isn't the point. Ricky was not holding his hands up, he was leaving himself wide open and took a lot of shots he would not have taken had he followed the very basic fundementals of the sport... HANDS UP AND USE YOUR JAB!!! Ricky had a great jab when he used it, and there is nothing like a hard stinging jab snapping your head back to keep you at bay.

While Ricky was most definitely not at his best IMO on fight night, you have to go based on the man vs. man instead of man vs. not as good that night man. He hired someone he trusted, but when the time came to fight he abandoned all that he had learned. I feel sorry that Ricky's lifestyle took away from his fight game, and we could have seen a much better Ricky on that night and MANY others... now his life is hopefully getting back on track again.
maguire

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:13 AM »

whether manny was/is on something isn't the point. Ricky was not holding his hands up, he was leaving himself wide open and took a lot of shots he would not have taken had he followed the very basic fundementals of the sport... HANDS UP AND USE YOUR JAB!!! Ricky had a great jab when he used it, and there is nothing like a hard stinging jab snapping your head back to keep you at bay.

While Ricky was most definitely not at his best IMO on fight night, you have to go based on the man vs. man instead of man vs. not as good that night man. He hired someone he trusted, but when the time came to fight he abandoned all that he had learned. I feel sorry that Ricky's lifestyle took away from his fight game, and we could have seen a much better Ricky on that night and MANY others... now his life is hopefully getting back on track again.

IQ. Ricky tried bullying Pac and failed. He just stood there when he realized we was in the fight of his life. he offered no other options.

cogito ergo, sum
The Underdog
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »

Hatton wishes he had made Pacquiao agree to testing for their fight

Those in glass house's......... Evil
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: