LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:35:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatton wishes he had made Pacquiao agree to testing for their fight  (Read 7192 times)
Meatball
V.I.P

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »

[quote

By Sean McDaniel:
 Former two division world champion Ricky Hatton says he wishes he had Manny Pacquiao agreeing to the same testing rules as he did for his two failed bouts with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Speaking to the thenational.ae, Hatton said ďI could have had those rules, but I wasnít bothered. Maybe in hindsight, I should have done. I must admit, I fancied my chances against Manny. A few years ago he was getting knocked down by little men like [Juan Manuel] Marquez; then all of a sudden he is knocking out Oscar de la Hoya, myself and [Miguel] Cotto, who are powerhouses in comparison. It is a little bit strange. He could be on what Floyd is accusing him of [performance-enhancing substances], or it could be that he is just a great fighter who has improved. We will never know.Ē

Yes, Hatton should have pushed for the random blood testing for performance enhancing drugs for his fight with Pacquiao in 2009 if he was worried about it. Now, itís too late for Hatton do anything. He was knocked out viciously in the 2nd round and his career went down the tubes in that fight. Hatton hasnít fought since then because heís lost his drive for the sport.
Itís unfortunate that Hatton wasnít more assertive in his fight with Pacquiao in terms of pushing for drug testing. Hatton certainly had the clout to ask for the testing to be done. Whether he would have gotten Pacquiao to agree to it is another matter. Itís too bad because Hatton seems to be torn apart by the loss and itís never a good thing when youíre not certain about what the outcome would have been like under different circumstances.

The only way Hatton can rest these fears is by getting back in the ring and beating a couple of fighters in quick fights, and then pushing for a rematch with Pacquiao. Thatís the way Hatton needs to do it if he wants to clear his head from the memory of his loss to Pacquiao.

Hatton thinks Mayweather would have beaten Pacquiao, saying ďI think Floyd is too good defensively. He is so hard to hit, and I think he might ultimately just have a few too many tricks up his sleeves for Manny.Ē It might be a good thing for Pacquiao that he and Mayweather havenít fought.
[/quote]

I didn't realise he fought Mayweather twice  Smiley
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

I really hope this is an old article
cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »

Meatball: It says 'two failed fights' - obviously talking about Pac/Mayweather, not Hatton/Mayweather.

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
Baz88

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »

Hatton wishes he had made Pacquiao agree to testing for their fight

Those in glass house's......... Evil
That was poor, Yuri Khunt...  Tongue

What Manny is doing has never been done before and that is why it is being questioned.
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »

The manny that fought hatton and cotto was unstoppable.

i think he looked vulnerable vs clottey and ill be very interested to see who turns up vs margs.

the manny vs hatton was arguably the best we will ever see manny, perfect weight (140) blistering speed, shocking power and scary timing/footwork.

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »

The Underdog
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

I watched the margarito vids Red posted, I previously hadn't seen much of him before, Its gonna be a war!
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »

Ricky would never have beat Manny that night and it's stupid to fuel the claims of a crackhead and a woman beater, This is from a while back though i remember reading it at the start of the year.

I never understand this much used argument for protesting Manny's innocence (not having a go at yourself mate as this has been used 100's of times on here). Just because members of the Mayweather family have allegedly used crack cocaine and also because Floyd is aleged to have given his mrs a taste of the hairy side, then these points somehow mean theat Manny Pac is somehow innocent of any wrong doing despite thier seemingly being a reluctance to take tests. How does that work?
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »

I never understand this much used argument for protesting Manny's innocence (not having a go at yourself mate as this has been used 100's of times on here). Just because members of the Mayweather family have allegedly used crack cocaine and also because Floyd is aleged to have given his mrs a taste of the hairy side, then these points somehow mean theat Manny Pac is somehow innocent of any wrong doing despite thier seemingly being a reluctance to take tests. How does that work?

but in an interview pac has come out and said he offered testing all the way up to fight night in the second round of negotiations (even though koncs said up to 7 days) hardly a reluctance, and its got to be some magic shit that you can juice up on and in 7 days and be mr. incredible.... the fact is the only evidence people have is that manny is moving up in weight and beating people and rather than just give him the credit he deserves people prefer to question him and especially floyd fans who dont like it there boy is having the shine taken off him.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »

but in an interview pac has come out and said he offered testing all the way up to fight night in the second round of negotiations (even though koncs said up to 7 days) hardly a reluctance, and its got to be some magic shit that you can juice up on and in 7 days and be mr. incredible.... the fact is the only evidence people have is that manny is moving up in weight and beating people and rather than just give him the credit he deserves people prefer to question him and especially floyd fans who dont like it there boy is having the shine taken off him.

He said one thing and Mayweather's side says another, we probably wont ever know the truth. There are a few physical signs all is not legit with Manny, but they could be completely natural, but that still isnt the point. My point was the argument that Floyd hit his wife (allegedly), therefore manny cannot be doing anything he says he is. Do Floyds misdemeaners mean that there is no way that Manny could have been on some kind of unnatural suppliment?
I honestly dont know whether he is or isnt, and i hope he isnt because the guy is increadible to watch. That said something funny has been going on for the last 18 months with these negotiations, and i personally think there is a little truth in all the rumours. Floyd didnt really want the risk, and Manny's team knew they have given him a helping hand. A breakdown in negotiaitons suited all parties.
Finally for the record I would say Manny will come into the Marg fight clean (too much smoke now for people not to look for fire), I also think he leaves the Marg fight beaten.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »

He said one thing and Mayweather's side says another, we probably wont ever know the truth. There are a few physical signs all is not legit with Manny, but they could be completely natural, but that still isnt the point. My point was the argument that Floyd hit his wife (allegedly), therefore manny cannot be doing anything he says he is. Do Floyds misdemeaners mean that there is no way that Manny could have been on some kind of unnatural suppliment?
I honestly dont know whether he is or isnt, and i hope he isnt because the guy is increadible to watch. That said something funny has been going on for the last 18 months with these negotiations, and i personally think there is a little truth in all the rumours. Floyd didnt really want the risk, and Manny's team knew they have given him a helping hand. A breakdown in negotiaitons suited all parties.
Finally for the record I would say Manny will come into the Marg fight clean (too much smoke now for people not to look for fire), I also think he leaves the Marg fight beaten.

Is it fair to say that if Manny gets beat by Margarito, your suspicions will be even more aroused?

Not that they should, getting beat by a man at a new weight is a possibility, even Manny has his limits.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 11:45:52 AM »

Is it fair to say that if Manny gets beat by Margarito, your suspicions will be even more aroused?

Not that they should, getting beat by a man at a new weight is a possibility, even Manny has his limits.

tbh yes. I know I will continue to get slated on this subject, but im just offering what my opinion is. My feeling is that Manny will come into the fight clean and will be found wanting. Whether he has been clean all along I dont know, but i would say he will almost definitely be clean now. For what its worth at the manny love in section of this forum, I wouldn't imagine Manny knows of any wrong doing if indeed there has been any.
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »

i dont see how its that hard to believe though, having seen pictures of manny at the start of his career the boke looked like starving marvin as he was barely able to eat it makes sense that as he earns more money and is able to eat more the weight is going to go on naturally, to make 154 obviously he is having to eat an awful lot,i honestly think manny was drained at the lower weights he was fighting at hence him getting KOd in the early part of his career.
Mal
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »

What I find odd JimJack is that you add; "Allegedly" whilst making a reference to Floyd's charges even though it was a Women and his own Son who stated so. "Allegedly" must mean there is room for a potential lie there yeah?

On the other hand, you have made 3 post in this thread and have sneakingly tried to pass off each time that Pac is on Roids, based off nothing but your own imagination and that of the Mayweather family. You don't hesitate to doubt the words of his own family, hence you add: "allegedly", yet you accuse Pacquiao of using PEDS (and please don't try and kid me otherwise, it's obvious what your trying to put across) even though there is no absolute proof of it. Where is the "Allegedly" of that? Not convenient for you ha?  Grin

How come it's an "Alleged" complaint by his ex missus and son but yet the other is quitely passed off as a fact in 3 of your post? I hope you ain't the sexes type who calls all ladies liars now JimJack over Superstar boxers you support?? Calling his own son a liar perhaps? Didn't think so mate  Wink

"Do Floyds misdemeaners mean that there is no way that Manny could have been on some kind of unnatural suppliment?"

JimJack: Who you trying to fool with that? "Misdemeaners" What about the felonies he is facing? 3 of them?

Enough with the Floyd nice guy sh!t please. The Allegations directed towards Manny have come from the Mayweather clan as a get out of Pac clause.  Pacquiao stated straight after the Morales fight that never again would he take a test so close to the fight. Team Mayweather have played on it and still, Floyd found himself on vacation and didn't have the urge even though Pac agreed to his initial test.

With the Floyd fight, he (Pac) has given in to every single demand that Floyd wanted plus some. It has been repeated numerous times already and it's pointless repeating likewise now.

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »

What I find odd JimJack is that you add; "Allegedly" whilst making a reference to Floyd's charges even though it was a Women and his own Son who stated so. "Allegedly" must mean there is room for a potential lie there yeah?

On the other hand, you have made 3 post in this thread and have sneakingly tried to pass off each time that Pac is on Roids, based off nothing but your own imagination and that of the Mayweather family. You don't hesitate to doubt the words of his own family, hence you add: "allegedly", yet you accuse Pacquiao of using PEDS (and please don't try and kid me otherwise, it's obvious what your trying to put across) even though there is no absolute proof of it. Where is the "Allegedly" of that? Not convenient for you ha?  Grin

How come it's an "Alleged" complaint by his ex missus and son but yet the other is quitely passed off as a fact in 3 of your post? I hope you ain't the sexes type who calls all ladies liars now JimJack over Superstar boxers you support?? Calling his own son a liar perhaps? Didn't think so mate  Wink

"Do Floyds misdemeaners mean that there is no way that Manny could have been on some kind of unnatural suppliment?"

JimJack: Who you trying to fool with that? "Misdemeaners" What about the felonies he is facing? 3 of them?

Enough with the Floyd nice guy sh!t please. The Allegations directed towards Manny have come from the Mayweather clan as a get out of Pac clause.  Pacquiao stated straight after the Morales fight that never again would he take a test so close to the fight. Team Mayweather have played on it and still, Floyd found himself on vacation and didn't have the urge even though Pac agreed to his initial test.

With the Floyd fight, he (Pac) has given in to every single demand that Floyd wanted plus some. It has been repeated numerous times already and it's pointless repeating likewise now.

Okeydoke. fistly i'm not a floyd fan boy, I think he is a prick in many interviews and dont like the way he flaunts his cash like a rapper. I also detest the way he has not been more active with his fists rather than his mouth.
Secondly I added the word allegedly as the case as far as i know has not yet come to court. If he has been proved guilty i appologise and retract the word allegedly.
Thirdly I dont think my posts were coded digs at Manny, I think everyone knows i have doubts over his performance at the higher weights.
Finally you have completely missed the point. I didnt mean this to sound like Floyd is good and manny is bad, i meant just the fact that floyd is indeed a tit and may have done some thiings wrong doesnt mean that manny couldnt have done things wrong. Because one of them is bad doesnt mean the other is good.
As well for the part about being sexist, that is just daft.
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »

Tested or not the fight would have ended in the same way. Those drugs really scrambled Ricky's brain, maybe though it was the brutal shots he took from Pacquiao.

Manny being on drugs had nothing to do with Ricky being unable to get his chin out of the way or a complete lack of defense.

I don't believe Manny took anything.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: