LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 08:06:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audley Harrison statement  (Read 6465 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/audley-issues-statement-66919

Audley Harrison statement
"I make no excuses"

"To my family, my team and the fans who got behind me on this journey to overthrow David Haye and become Heavyweight champion, I’m sorry I was unable to walk through the door and fulfil my destiny. I can promise I cut no corners in training and did all I could do in getting myself ready both physically and mentally for Saturday’s fight. Ultimately, I didn’t get going and my game plan to take over the fight in the later rounds was extinguished by the power and speed of David Haye who caught me clean around my guard."

“If I wanted an easy way out, I would have stayed down from the knockdown, but I rose and the referees intervention saved me from a potentially bad knockout as David is a good finisher, but I would have gladly left the ring on a stretcher as I wanted to work my way through it."

“I make no excuses and I’m not sure where I go from here in boxing, but I’ll lick my wounds, take some time out with my family and see what I want to do."

“From Prizefighter, to the European Title and overcoming a career ending injury and surgery I am happy to have made my way back to this point. Yes I am defeated and upset about the outcome on Saturday, but my journey in life has been one of triumph and the ‘yes I can’ slogan goes onwards and upwards."

“To David Haye, I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight for the World Title and I’m glad we buried the bad blood between us. I wish you well in your attempts to unify the titles and you have my support."
LiveFight
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »

pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »

Its kind of nice to hear some learned reflection, a little less delusion, but I don't want to hear anything from the fellow to be honest. His performance leaves him without a platform. Just as in life, there's certain occasions where an apology is not enough, the best thing is to disappear, close the door and don't come back, it's over and words are simply not suffice. 

Gere in Galapagos.
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »

One thing I really dont understand is the "hoping to get David into the later rounds" plan.   Well if Haye has no punches to block,  no exchanges to wear him out and no need to move,  then his stamina was never gonna be in tested. 
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

"Poverty creates fighters, illusion keeps them going"  Words of wisdom from the late great Harry Mullan.

Gere in Galapagos.
Baz88

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »

Its kind of nice to hear some learned reflection, a little less delusion, but I don't want to hear anything from the fellow to be honest. His performance leaves him without a platform. Just as in life, there's certain occasions where an apology is not enough, the best thing is to disappear, close the door and don't come back, it's over and words are simply not suffice. 
Couldnt disagree more. Its takes a strong person to make a public statement after a defeat like that, good on him, shows he has character, make that the last we hear of you in a boxing ring. Be proud of becoming a European champion, bollocks to everyone that says hes a mug none of us are that talented or accomplished in the sport.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »

pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

I couldnt agree more. Will take more than a few public words for him to be forgiven for that blatent display of corwardice. just go away back to LA and dont show your face in this island for a long long time.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 12:01:19 AM »

I appreciate his sentiments, but having been hypnotised into believing that he would fulfill his destiny, I am keeping my guard up when it comes to anything he says from this point forward. I am protecting my sub-conscious mind through ensuring that my conscious mind remains like fort knox; Harrison's hypnotic language patterns must be handled with care...that statement alone is filled with the patterns of meaning reframes and emotional shifting...be careful lads!!!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Get lost Fraudley.

The sums he has earned, the opportunities he has been given. The million he got from the Beeb for his first 10 fights against doormen, cabbies and a butcher.

He has dined out on that Olympic chocolate coin for years and ain't done zip as a pro.

All of us paid £15 for that joker's undeserved chance - not to mention the petrol, hotel and tickets that 22,000 at the MEN spent, in addition to spending £15 to re-watch it the next day on their SKY+ box.

The guy has just pocketed £1m+ for 1 x feckin jab.

And we should feel sorry for him?

When Jason Booth and Rendall Munroe were afforded title shots, they gave it they're all in defeat. He gave nothing at all.

And I bet Booth & Munroe barely got 100k to split between them.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:12 AM »

I read through that and I just thought "deluded".

I honestly think he's a mentalist.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
BR6

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »

Get lost Fraudley.

The sums he has earned, the opportunities he has been given. The million he got from the Beeb for his first 10 fights against doormen, cabbies and a butcher.

He has dined out on that Olympic chocolate coin for years and ain't done zip as a pro.

All of us paid £15 for that joker's undeserved chance - not to mention the petrol, hotel and tickets that 22,000 at the MEN spent, in addition to spending £15 to re-watch it the next day on their SKY+ box.

The guy has just pocketed £1m+ for 1 x feckin jab.

And we should feel sorry for him?

When Jason Booth and Rendall Munroe were afforded title shots, they gave it they're all in defeat. He gave nothing at all.

And I bet Booth & Munroe barely got 100k to split between them.

IQ. Great post.

People like Munroe and Booth are what keeps my faith going in our sport.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »

To be honest, I fairly take offence at the stupid ramblings of this idiot right now, when our wounds are still not healed from his abject pathetic performance.  It would have shown a deal more class if he had slunk off looking very sheepish indeed and just counted his money with a mischievous grin on his face.  But no, not this fookin jerk.  He has to start trying to persuade everyone that we should appreciate the fact that he climbed off the canvas from the first knock-down!  Is there no end to this delusional tosser?  Has he no shame at all?  I'll tell you something about that one knock-down  -  if you time it with stop-watch he was on the canvas for a full 11 seconds and as he went down and rolled over he clearly deliberately spat his gumshield out, in order to 'buy' himself more time.  Then when he did finally get up and had his gumshield replaced, he continued to do fook-all other than take sufficient shots for the ref to stop the fight and he could get out there without doing a single thing.  F*ck off, Audley, you're a useless C**t.  And can you persuade anyone otherwise right now?  NO YOU CAN'T!!!
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »

Got to admit - I feel sorry for the bloke. He's clearly a decent enough fella but just has no talent when it comes to professional boxing. In his own head, he does but in reality, he just doesn't have it. I don't think his intention is to con people, it's just that he's (as Socrates said) a bit of a nutter.
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »

I appreciate his sentiments, but having been hypnotised into believing that he would fulfill his destiny, I am keeping my guard up when it comes to anything he says from this point forward. I am protecting my sub-conscious mind through ensuring that my conscious mind remains like fort knox; Harrison's hypnotic language patterns must be handled with care...that statement alone is filled with the patterns of meaning reframes and emotional shifting...be careful lads!!!

IQ. lol

Grin
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

Haye is the villian in this, not Audley. Let's see if Haye tries to wriggle out of the 50/50, no rematch options Vitali has gave him. It's already been widely reported in the media, as Vitali says, the public needs to put pressure on Haye to make this fight happen. I watched 5 9 Fragomini bust Haye's face up, then Haye hurt him and again rabbit punches from cheater duck ended the fight.

I'm going to watch all his fights and see if duckboy always uss this tactic.

Mark my words, Haye will not be facing two Klitschko's next year. In the spring (if he takes the offer) he will be retiring.

Vitali will do much worse to Haye.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:22:17 AM by angel » Logged
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »

Haye is the villian in this, not Audley. Let's see if Haye tries to wriggle out of the 50/50, no rematch options Vitali has gave him. It's already been widely reported in the media, as Vitali says, the public needs to put pressure on Haye to make this fight happen. I watched 5 9 Fragomini bust Haye's face up, then Haye hurt him and again rabbit punches from cheater duck ended the fight.

I'm going to watch all his fights and see if duckboy always uss this tactic.

Mark my words, Haye will not be facing two Klitschko's next year. In the spring (if he takes the offer) he will be retiring.

Havent you got anything better to do? 
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: