LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 11:44:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detroit lands Bradley-Alexander  (Read 2400 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: December 01, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/detroit-lands-bradley-alexander-68730

Detroit lands Bradley-Alexander

The Silverdome in Detroit, Michigan will host the January 29th showdown between WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs) and WBC Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs). The venue holds 80,000 but the seats can downsized to fit a particular event.
December 1st, 2010
LiveFight
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:10:46 PM »

Given some of the shite, money mismatches that have been on in recent times it would be great to see this fight selling 40-50k seats. I don't see it though. They should price it to fill as much of the venue as they can.
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »

Dirrel who is a local lad hardly sold anything in detroit vs Abraham if my memory serves me right sold hardly anything so cant really see these 2 selling in Detroit, despite how good the match up is.

Not been to Detroit before but the amateur scene seems bigger over there than the Pro scene.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

Dirrel who is a local lad hardly sold anything in detroit vs Abraham if my memory serves me right sold hardly anything so cant really see these 2 selling in Detroit, despite how good the match up is.

Not been to Detroit before but the amateur scene seems bigger over there than the Pro scene.

Greats like Tommy Hearns and Joe Louis have come out of Detroit. The city has gone backwards in terms of it's pro boxing attendance and support but Dirrell isn't exactly a fan favourite and his run rather than hit style, bar the Abrahams fight, won't endear fans who have grown up watching big hearted and big hitting fighters like Hearns and Louis.
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »

I don't think it'll be a big seller. Bradley doesn't bring in the fans for some reason and I'm not sure how many will travel from St Louis for Alexander. Would be great for it to be a big attendance, but I can't see it.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »

Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 05:50:08 PM »

In the report, why doesn't it say Devon has the IBF belt too ? And also if im correct in saying, the WBC belt becomes vacant if Bradley wins ? I suddenly just became very uninterested in this bout. We all wanted the winner to be WBC,WBO and IBF champion. Then take on Khan for all 4 belts. Boxing really is killing itself.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:54:42 PM by Terrible1989 » Logged
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »

In the report, why doesn't it say Devon has the IBF belt too ? And also if im correct in saying, the WBC belt becomes vacant if Bradley wins ? I suddenly just became very uninterested in this bout. We all wanted the winner to be WBC,WBO and IBF champion. Then take on Khan for all 4 belts. Boxing really is killing itself.

Alexander wasn't allowed to keep the IBF belt after he unified it with the WBC belt. Same as Bradley wan't allowed to keep the WBC belt when he unified with the WBA. They feel it devalues their belts to be seen alongside another belt and they keep trying to force shite mandatories on champions that are trying to fight the best fighters.

The imprtant thing is that WE know that this fight is interesting, regarless of what belt it is for or if it was for no belt at all. Bradley, Alexander, Khan, Maidana and Ortiz are the best light welters in the world at the moment. Any combinations of those fighters in the ring are good fights regardless of belts.
Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »

Alexander wasn't allowed to keep the IBF belt after he unified it with the WBC belt. Same as Bradley wan't allowed to keep the WBC belt when he unified with the WBA. They feel it devalues their belts to be seen alongside another belt and they keep trying to force shite mandatories on champions that are trying to fight the best fighters.

The imprtant thing is that WE know that this fight is interesting, regarless of what belt it is for or if it was for no belt at all. Bradley, Alexander, Khan, Maidana and Ortiz are the best light welters in the world at the moment. Any combinations of those fighters in the ring are good fights regardless of belts.

Positive outlook Deck just really dissapointed mate. Would be great to see a sole champion at a few weights eh.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »

Positive outlook Deck just really dissapointed mate. Would be great to see a sole champion at a few weights eh.

Yeah but that's solely the fault of the sanctioning bodies. They don't wan't unification and unless two fighters unify two belts and fight each other in 3 months it's impossible. In fact they don't even allow that to happen. They often write to champions the week they've unified and make them commit to a mandatory or to give up one of the belts.

That's why it's great to see fights like this being made even though the system is against the fighters. They'd be fighting crap mandatories if the bodies had their way. They made this fight happen to see who's best and fair enough a bit more money.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 08:32:45 PM »

You can't blame fighters for not wanting to unify all 4 belts in any case because they have 4 individuals sanctioning fees to pay out. Bradley - Alexander is a real big fight and when you add Khan - Maidana in the mix too the winner of both fights could easily face each other in a big PPV in the US regardless of which belts are up for grabs.

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: