LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 07:05:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton ready to see off young pretender  (Read 3078 times)
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »

Clinton ready to see off young pretender
By Bob Westerdale

ON paper, it looks like one of Clinton Woods' most daunting challenges.
Woods, aged 37, with four losses on his 47-fight record, against unbeaten Tavoris Cloud, 10 years his junior.

Cloud has an astonishing 94.74 knockout percentage and will be looking to deliver a similar statement when he takes part in his 20th professional fight, against Sheffield's former IBF world champion.

Woods, who has a 51.06 per cent KO percentage, may seem disadvantaged when it comes to statistics and figures.

But numbers don't win fights.

And Woods has one weapon that his trainer feels will help him defeat Cloud and bring him back the world title he lost in April 2008.

"Clinton has got an incredible amount of experience behind him and that is one quality that you need if you are going to get to the top of the game," said Glyn Rhodes.

"Cloud has fought one decent opponent in Julio Gonzalez, who Clinton has beaten twice, so what he has achieved so far doesn't worry me in the slightest.

"He might be one of those boxers who is protected and gets through the rankings without having to earn it."

But will the age disparity have any bearing in the fight planned for an as yet to be confirmed date in September?

"Clinton has never been the fastest guy in the ring. He'll get hit and will never be Sugar Ray Leonard or even elusive like Junior Witter," said Rhodes.

"But he has a big heart and an aggressive style which is going to be something that Cloud will find hard to deal with.

"Maybe Clinton didn't box brilliantly in his last fight (points win over Elvir Muriqi). He had a lot of demons to get rid of that night in Jersey and won the fight just using his left hand; he hardly threw a right all evening.

"But Clinton is training fine. He is doing his sprints and weights well.

"There are no problems with his weight and he's dying to find out an exact date and location for his next battle."
Source: http://www.thestar.co.uk

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »

Cloud is an animal and is going to tear Clinton apart.

telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »

Cloud is an animal and is going to tear Clinton apart.

Rob I seem to remember the same thing being said about MR Jeff LACEY when he came to fight Joe

it's better to have been a hasbeen than & never wasa
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:23:40 AM »

Rob I seem to remember the same thing being said about MR Jeff LACEY when he came to fight Joe

Its only taken you 21 posts to bring him up  Grin

telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

Its only taken you 21 posts to bring him up  Grin

Yeah I know mate but you never gave me the opening until now long live Super Joe

it's better to have been a hasbeen than & never wasa
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »

Yeah I know mate but you never gave me the opening until now long live Super Joe

I don't think Clinton is capable of producing the kind of stunning display Joe produced that night against Jeff Lacy.

Clinton is also on the way down and this Tavoris Cloud is young, tough and powerful.

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: