LiveFight
May 27, 2018, 07:44:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan vs Murray: John is Ready To Go, Waits For Amir  (Read 2256 times)
angel
Executive Member

« on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-vs-murray-john-ready-go-waits-amir--35035

By Mark Vester

According to a report in the Manchester Evening News, unbeaten lightweight John Murray (30-0, 18KOs) is ready to face Amir Khan (24-1, 17KOs) for the WBA junior welterweight title on April 16 at the MEN Arena in Manchester. Roberto Diaz, matchmaker for Golden Boy Promotions, told the paper that Murray is ready and willing to fight. Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer has told Khan's management and waits for an answer on the fight.

“Richard Schaefer has spoken to Khan’s people and told them that John Murray is interested and ready and willing to fight. He’s waiting to hear from them. There are a couple of possibilities being considered, but Murray has been added to that list," Diaz said.

“It would be a big fight in Manchester and there would be interest in the States as well. Murray is undefeated – 30-0 – and although he hasn’t had the exposure out here, he is highly ranked.”

Khan’s manager Asif Vali confirmed to the paper that Murray is being considered. He said they have to make sure the money Murray wants is not excessive and that Sky Sports and HBO approve the fight. Sky will be no problem and I can't see HBO having a big issue.

“There have been a number of opponents offered and we are looking at them,” he said. “We have to make sure that whoever is offered to us is at the right price. Amir is at a world level now whereas John Murray is nowhere near that level. There is also the issue that any fight has to be approved by broadcasters.”
LiveFight
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »

Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-vs-murray-john-ready-go-waits-amir--35035

By Mark Vester

According to a report in the Manchester Evening News, unbeaten lightweight John Murray (30-0, 18KOs) is ready to face Amir Khan (24-1, 17KOs) for the WBA junior welterweight title on April 16 at the MEN Arena in Manchester. Roberto Diaz, matchmaker for Golden Boy Promotions, told the paper that Murray is ready and willing to fight. Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer has told Khan's management and waits for an answer on the fight.

“Richard Schaefer has spoken to Khan’s people and told them that John Murray is interested and ready and willing to fight. He’s waiting to hear from them. There are a couple of possibilities being considered, but Murray has been added to that list," Diaz said.

“It would be a big fight in Manchester and there would be interest in the States as well. Murray is undefeated – 30-0 – and although he hasn’t had the exposure out here, he is highly ranked.”

Khan’s manager Asif Vali confirmed to the paper that Murray is being considered. He said they have to make sure the money Murray wants is not excessive and that Sky Sports and HBO approve the fight. Sky will be no problem and I can't see HBO having a big issue.

“There have been a number of opponents offered and we are looking at them,” he said. “We have to make sure that whoever is offered to us is at the right price. Amir is at a world level now whereas John Murray is nowhere near that level. There is also the issue that any fight has to be approved by broadcasters.”

So Amir Khan's manager is stating that the fight with Murray is a mismatch but still want to go ahead with it anyway.

I am sure he will be changing his tune when they are trying to sell PPV's for this if it does come off.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »

this fight should have been made 2/3 years ago but amir didnt want nothing to do with murray

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »

I would imagine that Murray gets stopped if he fights Khan. John has been operating at a much lower level at a lower weight, isn't that hard to hit and doesn't have world class power. I also agree that HBO wouldn't be in favour of it.
NJO
V.I.P

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

I think it would be another cracker a british version of the maidana fight!  Cool

With John getting a big fight he deserves shame its at light welter though, could go either way but khan would start as a big fav.

Fingers crossed i'll be there!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

Platty

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:34:36 PM »

it wont happen....seriously, khan and murray fans in the MEN, not a chance!!! Angry
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:49 AM »

fight will fall apart when team khan offers him 3 quid and a bag of coal.
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »

fight will fall apart when team khan offers him 3 quid and a bag of coal.

Correct Khan will try never to take on Murray.
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »

Correct Khan will try never to take on Murray.

Why wouldnt he take on Murray?  Fair enough,  you could of argued Johns case before the Maidana fight, but why would he duck Murray now? 
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »

Money Money Money Right Price Right Price Money Money Money Right Price Right Price

Asif Vali seriously. Horrible little fat cretin, would better suited to denim jeans on a market.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »

Murry isnt exactly hard to hit or that powerful is he? Even as a lightweight. So how would he be more dangerous to Khan than Maidana? In terms of boxing ability they are far apart and I don't see Murray pulling out the shot to stop him that Marcos couldn't.
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 12:50:17 PM »

I see nothing to suggest that Murray has any chance in this one, he's stayed at the same level for way to long and struggled against limited foe. I recall one of his early bouts stateside, which he clearly lost but was gifted the decision, is was on a Hatton card, Urango?  I would envisage a Khan stoppage win around the halfway mark. Murray hasn't even tasted world class, or anywhere near it for that matter, at his own weight!  Yet having said all that, paradoxically, I would be quite excited if the fight was made and would certainly tune in. I can only put it down to Murrays burning intensity and the sense that he wont quit until his heart has been ripped from his chest.

Gere in Galapagos.
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »

Why wouldnt he take on Murray?  Fair enough,  you could of argued Johns case before the Maidana fight, but why would he duck Murray now? 

I get the feeling Khan genuinely doesn't like Murray, and is reluctunent to give him the fight.

He has ducked him in the past, but i'm not implying he will now.

In boxing like all sports, upsets happen, its all on the night, i wouldn't say Murray will get outclassed by Khan, he's a proud tough man, and he will give a good account of himself whoever he fights.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: