LiveFight
August 14, 2018, 10:09:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye vs Mormeck Rematch Being Explored By Adam Booth  (Read 13537 times)
angel
Executive Member

« on: January 24, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=35075

By Chris LaBate

An article from Normandie reports that Adam Booth, the manager and trainer of WBA heavyweight champion David Haye, is exploring the possibility of a rematch between Haye and Jean-Marc Mormeck. Booth was in France over the weekend at Palais des sports Marcel Cerdan to watch Danny McIntosh stop Thierry Karl to win the EBU light heavyweight title. In November 2007, Haye was dropped in the fouth round but came back to knock Mormeck out in the seventh round of their cruiserweight unification.

What motivates you to consider today a new fight against Mormeck?

Adam Booth: "Vitali (Klitschko) is an old boxer and there is a strong probability that he loses his next fight against Solis of Cuba provided that the latter is well prepared physically. As for his brother Wladimir, he does not want this fight against David"

What options do you have left in 2011?

Adam Booth: "Logically, David would have faced [Ruslan] Chagaev but the news about his health is not very good. He reportedly suffers from hepatitis B, which makes their confrontation impossible. I then looked at the classification of the WBA and I saw that Jean-Marc Mormeck is now ranked in the Top 10 at 7 or 8 I think and that makes a Mormeck-Haye fight possible. "

This time, however, the fight would take place at heavyweight. Where and when do you think this could take place?

Adam Booth : "In England there is no problem. We've sold 20,000 tickets in two to three weeks for each bout of David's bouts. Haye-Mormeck in England is possible.  But if France wants to see this fight in Paris, David is quite ready to return. It will demonstrate that his first success against Jean-Marc is not a coincidence and now that he's a heavyweight, he hits harder, and is more compact.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:55:31 AM by angel » Logged
LiveFight
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »

angel
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »

shocking. They are blatantly ducking Vitali. What happened to fighting Vitali and Wlad?Huh??

I alwayd had a suspicion if by some miracle Haye beat Wlad, he would retire and tell everyone he was undisputed hw champ, without facing Dr Ironfirst/Ironchin.

westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »

if this happens haye loses any shred of credibility he has left.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:38:18 AM »

What a con.
Booth and Haye are going to build Mormeck up to the general public like he is the second coming and the sad thing is, the public are going to buy into it. This is pathetic...and Bolton Dave wondered why we were having a go at Haye. Some of the guys on here actually predicted how Haye and Booth would handle things after Ruiz, others thought that was out of order but the criticism of team Haye was valid and now proven to be accurate. Booth is so transparent that it really wasn't difficult to predict what an arrogant, devious money hungry C**t like that would do.  Fraud!

At least the other top British fighters like Froch and Khan want to fight and test themselves, they don't rip the public off, and when they do fight, they are value for money. I would pay to watch those two. Haye is a con and it's not just him. Haye and Booth are two peas in the same pod. The sooner Haye fucks off to Hollywood the better, I don't see Booth lasting to long after that, who would take him seriously??  F*ck off to hollywood and kill two C**ts with one stone. It's parasites like these two that are ruining boxing for everyone.  Angry
jammidodger
V.I.P

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 03:25:29 AM »

Haye is becoming very irrelevant very quickly in this division. His run of fights are a joke.

And I was a fan....
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 03:25:29 AM »

jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:50 AM »

I was a Haye fan from the Valuev to the Ruiz fight but everything after that has just become a joke.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 04:32:25 AM »

Pathetic. Fighting a guy he already knocked out!

Calzaghe did worse when he rematched Mario Veit, whom he KO'd previously in the first round, however, that was a mandatory, I believe.

There is no excuse for this.

It's, perhaps, only marginally ebtter than fighting Harrison...marginally.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 08:22:08 AM »

Didnt they write off Mormeck last year saying he was old and useless when he made the step to HW. Another contradiction from Booth. Haye simply doesnt want real fights. He just wants safe fights at no risk against old fighters. Not sure how well this would sell to be honest.
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:43:24 AM »

Another shocker, really I dont think Haye's Heavyweight career has been too bad so far but he needs to fight a meaningful fight next, obiviously Wlad and Vitali stand out, if not them Adamaek or worse case scenario someone like Chagaev or Arreola. With that said I genuinley think it was Wlad who walked away from the fight this time as the only dispute was the Sky date and Sky did say they would offer a date in April, yet Wlad goes and signs for Chisora. Still dont know why a Vitali fight cant be made though for around July, presuming Vitali beats Solis.

Looking at his Heavyweight career:

Barrett - A fight to get used to the new weight.
Wlad fight fell through - Cant blame Haye for not wanting to fight for nothing
Valuev fight - A chance to fight for the heavyweight title. He would be silly to turn it down. People can say he's the worst heavyweight champ in history but was still a fight for the title and made in a star in the general public's eyes.
Ruiz - A mandatory defence against a crafty vetran. No worse than the type of opponents the Klitschkos fight.
Harrison - OK a joke fight, but the fight fans knew that from the off. But you cant deny Haye the chance to make a few quid, it is a short career after all.

Just needs that big fight next now, otherwise an ok resume for a cruiser stepping up to heavyweight will be long gone.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 08:45:58 AM »

I've had a couple of digs on here about Haye and Booth.

I have to say though - reading that interview those don't sound the words of Adam Booth to me. I'd wait for confirmation of the fight before going off the deep end like some have.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:15:11 AM »

I've had a couple of digs on here about Haye and Booth.

I have to say though - reading that interview those don't sound the words of Adam Booth to me. I'd wait for confirmation of the fight before going off the deep end like some have.

I heard he mentioned this on sky at the Mcintosh fight in France??? Anyone see?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.ffboxe.com/news-12726-booth-:-%25C2%25AB-est-ce-que-la-france-veut-voir-un----%25C2%25BB.html&ei=XZ08Te-hN8-r8QO95_H6CA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDAQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbooth%2Bmormeck%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26tbo%3D1%26tbs%3Dqdr:d%26prmd%3Divns
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:21:31 AM by angel » Logged
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 09:25:39 AM »

I will ask is this fight any worse than Wlad vs Delboy or Vitali vs Briggs ??

Not saying i agree with this fight but the Klits are no angels to fighting guys seen not to be credible opponents.

They are all as bad as each other if you want to pick out one for dodgy fights.

angel
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »

I will ask is this fight any worse than Wlad vs Delboy or Vitali vs Briggs ??

Not saying i agree with this fight but the Klits are no angels to fighting guys seen not to be credible opponents.

They are all as bad as each other if you want to pick out one for dodgy fights.

who came up to the division with a big mouth acting like he was the saviour of the division?

Vitali is nearly 40 and has fought fighters ten years younger than him. Wlad is finding it hard to get people in the ring and he should be taking Adamek in September.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:31:40 AM by angel » Logged
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »

Haye hasn't an ounce of credibilty left, he's a fraud.
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »

I wouldn't get carried away, there's every chance it won't happen.

Like many on here, I was a Haye fan but IF this fight does happen, I won't be any more.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: