LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:40:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye vs Mormeck Rematch Being Explored By Adam Booth  (Read 12071 times)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

You dont seem to grasp this....The Klitschkos have done almost nothing since Haye entered the division.....there fighting some real shockers and yet Hayes getting criticised for doing the same thing.

Would you argue that the Chagaev fight and the Peter fight (Vitali's), and the Arreola fights werent legit. Also Haye pulled out of two fights with them blatantly, as did Povetkin. They are fighting Chisora, Solis and Adamek this year. I would argue that all of the above are superior by a long way to what Haye has fought.
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »

Like i said in my original post i dont agree with the fight, i said that go check it, im not defending Hayes choice of opponent, i was questioning The Klits choices and are they any worse ?? Tim made a good point if Haye fought the two guys mentioned Chisora and Briggs for his next fights you would be hammering Haye.

The term rose tinted glasses which Mooreman mentioned inbetween the word Fact could be used for all sides on this as everyone takes what they feel is right and argues that said point and forgets about any other that goes against their man.

So i will go back again to my original post that these type of fights are going to be made until the 3 idiots sort it out.

To whos fault it why they havent is another argument which i dont want to get involved in again.

Im out on this now, said whati have said, im  annoyed at myself as i promised i wouldnt get involved in these silly arguments.

see this is where the problem lies....the fact is haye has not proved himself at heavyweight against good opposition and he will continue to get grief until he does. chisora and briggs aint top opposition but wlad and vitali have hammered all of them and they have nobody left to beat to a pulp bar the likes of chisora and briggs. its the same with pacquiao.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »

Would you argue that the Chagaev fight and the Peter fight (Vitali's), and the Arreola fights werent legit. Also Haye pulled out of two fights with them blatantly, as did Povetkin. They are fighting Chisora, Solis and Adamek this year. I would argue that all of the above are superior by a long way to what Haye has fought.

Tbh mate im not that interested in the division and dont care much for the Vitali fights as I see him as the best in the division not Wlad....however I think Haye can beat Wlad and there the 2 that are fighting nobodies....like I said before Haye would be criticised for fighting Chisora.....Haye v Wlad is the only fight im interested in watching in the heavyweight division and NEITHER camp will agree to it.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »

I read two pages and noticed people are having a pop at Haye for fighting someone he knocked out but one of the Klits did the same. The Klits have the other fighters tied up so Haye needs a fight he is struggling to find an opponent and at this stage its just talk so lets wait and see if the fight is made. Personally its not a fight I care for.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:55:47 PM by Rodney_Trotter » Logged

A Slice of Life
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

yawn yawn yawn!!

'contendunt ad optimum'
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

I read two pages and noticed people are having a pop at Haye for fighting someone they knocked out but one of the Klits did the same. The Klits have the other fighters tied up so Haye needs a fight he is struggling to find an opponent and at this stage its just talk so lets wait and see if the fight is made. Personally its not a fight I care for.

thats not true. i have the ring mag from november beside me here and out of the top10 heavyweights povetkin, chaguev, chambers, boytsov, dimitrenko and arreola arent tied down....thats 6 out of the top 10 that were listed in november.

the only ones the klits have tied down are adameck and solis. id doubt very much that haye would fight either of them anyway.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:04:33 PM by Amir Khan's Love Length Polisher » Logged
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »

thats not true. i have the ring mag from november beside me here and out of the top10 heavyweights povetkin, chaguev, chambers, boytsov, dimitrenko and arreola arent tied down....thats 6 out of the top 10 that were listed in november.

I think we have covered Chaguev are the rest available to fight ? I don't know so that's why I'm asking.

A Slice of Life
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »

I think we have covered Chaguev are the rest available to fight ? I don't know so that's why I'm asking.

a few of them are scheduled for bouts over the next 6weeks or so but they would be all available for when haye wants to fight in the summer im sure.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »

You dont seem to grasp this....The Klitschkos have done almost nothing since Haye entered the division.....there fighting some real shockers and yet Hayes getting criticised for doing the same thing.

Perhaps it is because Haye was the one that shot his mouth off about fighting the Klits and never walked the walk. The cockiest boxer always gets the most negative attention. Look at Mayweather. The more kinder a boxer is, the kinder the reaction.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »

Perhaps it is because Haye was the one that shot his mouth off about fighting the Klits and never walked the walk. The cockiest boxer always gets the most negative attention. Look at Mayweather. The more kinder a boxer is, the kinder the reaction.

Exactly.  This argument goes round and round and meets itself several times in the process.  Here's the deal, like it or not.  The Klits have dominated the HW Division for nearly a decade, and have fought off everyone, no matter how good or bad they were.  Haye has done very little at this weight other than wrestle a paper belt from some grotesque Shrek-like character in one of the most awful fights.  Let's even forget the Audley debacle, cos sadly it made him a lot of money from idiots.
End result of that is, Haye needs the Klits far more than they need him.  No amount of posturing and dark glasses indoors will ever alter that.  Their domination of the Division is far beyond his achievements so far, and nobody in their right mind cares if he can beat up an over-the-hill Mormeck yet again.  So Haye needs to get it on with Wlad or Vitali.  There is nothing else to say   Wink
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2011, 11:32:28 PM »

IQ Bonters, great post. You said it all right there.
Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »

If this fight happens i will lose all respect for Haye.

The klits are the only way forward. I still maintain both camps are just being greedy but Mormeck, seriously? Might as well just bring Enzo Mac back and ask to fight Haye at heavyweight!  Grin

He seriously needs take a dangerous fight to cerment his career.
Shooter McGavin

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »

Exactly.  This argument goes round and round and meets itself several times in the process.  Here's the deal, like it or not.  The Klits have dominated the HW Division for nearly a decade, and have fought off everyone, no matter how good or bad they were.  Haye has done very little at this weight other than wrestle a paper belt from some grotesque Shrek-like character in one of the most awful fights.  Let's even forget the Audley debacle, cos sadly it made him a lot of money from idiots.
End result of that is, Haye needs the Klits far more than they need him.  No amount of posturing and dark glasses indoors will ever alter that.  Their domination of the Division is far beyond his achievements so far, and nobody in their right mind cares if he can beat up an over-the-hill Mormeck yet again.  So Haye needs to get it on with Wlad or Vitali.  There is nothing else to say   Wink

Exactly everything I was about to write... Thanks for saving me the time!!

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »

Wlad's signed to fight Adamek in September. Yes, whoever, is at fault Haye should be fighting one of them but this is still a very legitimate heavyweight fight for Wlad. Adamek, at the moment is second only to Haye as a challanger to the Klitschko's at the top of the heavyweight division. Uless you count the potential Solis has, which is a lot if he trains correctly, and he is fighting Vitali next.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »

take a look at the WBA top 15 ranked Heavyweights:

1.      RUSLAN CHAGAEV - Medical Condition
2.      DENNIS BOYTSOV - Good but unknown
3.      ALEXANDER POVETKIN - Too many injuries and promotional issues
4.      ALEXANDER USTINOV - I don't know anything about him
5.      HASIM RAHMAN - Too old
6.      NICOLAY VALUEV - Haye already beat him
7.      ALEXANDER DIMITRENKO - Good but unknown
8.      JEAN MARC MORMECK - Haye already beat him plus well past his best
9.      KALI MEEHAN - Worthless
10.   TOMASZ ADAMEK - CREDIBLE OPPONENT but will be fighting the brothers instead
11.    ROBERT HELENIUS - Who???
12.    TIMUR IBRAGIMOV - Too boring
13.   DENNIS BAKHTOV  - I don't know anything about him
14.    JUAN CARLOS GOMEZ - Too erratic
15.    CHRIS ARREOLA - CREDIBLE OPPONENT

Basically, there is a dearth of credible plus well known opponents whom he can face next if he doesn't sort out the Chagaev fight. I can fully understand his concerns about facing Chagaev given his medical condition, but outside of that Haye only has himself to blame for his current predicament. He chose his given path, he decided to opt for Valuev over the brothers, he decided to act like he was the main man when took the WBA title, and now he must face up to the reality of having a lack of credible opponents as he has alienated himself from the brothers. Granted, they must share the accountability for the situation, but Haye has had a big hand in this. Had he fought Wlad instead of Audley in November then he would have been well on the way to securing his Heavyweight legacy had he won. I don't begrudge his easy money and easy nights work against Audley, but he and his team cannot complain about what is happening now, as the path would look very different had he taken a different course. He could be looking forward to a lucrative rematch with Wlad right now assuming that he had faced and beaten him in November, instead of having to face to prospect of fighting a guy he already beat at a lower weight class years ago...
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: