LiveFight
February 26, 2018, 03:21:48 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan to McCloskey: Take the offer  (Read 12161 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: January 25, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/

Khan to McCloskey: Take the offer

“The offer we made to Paul McCloskey is the biggest offer he’s ever going to get,” WBA super lightweight world champion Amir Khan told the Daily Mirror. “Why is it when someone wants to fight Amir Khan, they ask for a stupid number? “Marcos Maidana asked for a stupid number first time. Then he came to his senses and said ‘fine, I’ll take the second offer’. It’s the same with Paul McCloskey and I hope he takes our second offer and it is going to be higher. He should think ‘this is an opportunity for a world title fight and if I beat him, it will make me a big, big name.’”
LiveFight
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »

Why is it when someone's  only defended a title 3 times in a year and half and have had only had one good defence that they feel the need to refer to themselves in the 3rd person and talk down about their fellow competitors. If you don't think Paul is good enough then don't fight him Amir! Fight someone better. You're making yourself look bad by saying this.

What he wants is a cheap easy defece to milk his belt when he could have fought Ortiz or Peterson.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »

Why is it when someone's  only defended a title 3 times in a year and half and have had only had one good defence that they feel the need to refer to themselves in the 3rd person and talk down about their fellow competitors. If you don't think Paul is good enough then don't fight him Amir! Fight someone better. You're making yourself look bad by saying this.

What he wants is a cheap easy defece to milk his belt when he could have fought Ortiz or Peterson.

That would hardly be breaking news Grin

Team Groves
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »

That would hardly be breaking news Grin

He shouldn't be let near a microphone. Ever! Like a few other people! Grin
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/maidana-khan-is-cheap-and-selfish-73464#more-73464

Maidana: Khan is cheap and selfish

By Team Maidana

More than one month after his loss to Amir Khan in what it was chosen as the best fight of 2010 by the Boxing Writers Associacion of America, Marcos Maidana got quite upset by a comment made by Khan, in which he said that “Maidana had asked for a stupid number to fight me and then came to his senses and accepted the second offer”.

“It’s been almost four or five months now since negotiations for my fight against Amir Khan concluded and he is still talking crap about it. First, he said that I didn’t want to go to England to face him. Then, he claimed that I had overpriced myself for that fight, which he is still saying today. Both are lies, big lies,” Maidana said.

“Obviously, my team asked for the kind of money I deserved at the time. And that money was not even going to be paid by Khan but by Golden Boy Promotions. What Khan did then was to push for Golden Boy to pay me less money in order for him to make more. What kind of bullsh*t is he saying now, that I came to my senses? Khan is the one who needs to come to his senses and understand that he is not the only one who can make good money here. He has to choose which side of boxing industry he wants to stay. Is he a boxer or a promoter? He is selfish and cheap by offering crap purses to his opponents,” “El Chino” explained.

Maidana said these kind of comments triggered his desire to beat Khan badly in a rematch.

“Everybody keeps saying that we should do the rematch. But we all know Khan would never fight me again. He barely escaped with a narrow win and a destroyed face the first time, so he would never take the risk again. And, on the other hand, it’s like he always has the money excuse prepared to be thrown out in case boxing fans and TV networks pressure him to face big challenges,” Maidana said.

“I’d go right now to England and fight him again to pick what I left in Las Vegas,” said Maidana, who can now be followed on http://twitter.com/chinomaidana
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »

HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/maidana-khan-is-cheap-and-selfish-73464#more-73464

Maidana: Khan is cheap and selfish

By Team Maidana

More than one month after his loss to Amir Khan in what it was chosen as the best fight of 2010 by the Boxing Writers Associacion of America, Marcos Maidana got quite upset by a comment made by Khan, in which he said that “Maidana had asked for a stupid number to fight me and then came to his senses and accepted the second offer”.

“It’s been almost four or five months now since negotiations for my fight against Amir Khan concluded and he is still talking crap about it. First, he said that I didn’t want to go to England to face him. Then, he claimed that I had overpriced myself for that fight, which he is still saying today. Both are lies, big lies,” Maidana said.

“Obviously, my team asked for the kind of money I deserved at the time. And that money was not even going to be paid by Khan but by Golden Boy Promotions. What Khan did then was to push for Golden Boy to pay me less money in order for him to make more. What kind of bullsh*t is he saying now, that I came to my senses? Khan is the one who needs to come to his senses and understand that he is not the only one who can make good money here. He has to choose which side of boxing industry he wants to stay. Is he a boxer or a promoter? He is selfish and cheap by offering crap purses to his opponents,” “El Chino” explained.

Maidana said these kind of comments triggered his desire to beat Khan badly in a rematch.

“Everybody keeps saying that we should do the rematch. But we all know Khan would never fight me again. He barely escaped with a narrow win and a destroyed face the first time, so he would never take the risk again. And, on the other hand, it’s like he always has the money excuse prepared to be thrown out in case boxing fans and TV networks pressure him to face big challenges,” Maidana said.

“I’d go right now to England and fight him again to pick what I left in Las Vegas,” said Maidana, who can now be followed on http://twitter.com/chinomaidana

I personally think he'd beat him in a rematch.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:39 PM »

I personally think he'd beat him in a rematch.

maidana would beat khan?
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »

maidana would beat khan?
Sorry Che, Yeah i think Maidana has his number if they meet again.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:36 PM »

Sorry Che, Yeah i think Maidana has his number if they meet again.

yeah maidana takes him in a rematch... khan will never give him one doh
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-believes-he-worlds-quickest-boxer--35112

Amir Khan Believes He is The World’s Quickest Boxer

By Terence Dooley

Amir Khan has told TalkSport.co.uk that his hand speed is unrivalled in the world of boxing.  Khan is set to defend his WBA light-welterweight title at the MEN Arena, Manchester on April 16 – Manchester’s John Murray and Northern Ireland’s Paul McCloskey are both in the frame as Khan seeks to finalise the details of his homecoming bout.

Amir defeated Paulie Malignaggi and Marcos Madiana last year, in New York and Las Vegas respectively; the 24-year-old feels that his recent development has seen him outstrip fellow speedsters Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

“There's no fighter as quick as me, that's a fact.  Floyd, Manny Pacquiao, anyone,” declared the 24-1 (17) fighter.  
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

yeah maidana takes him in a rematch... khan will never give him one doh
Yeah theres no chance of it happening.

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »

Yeah theres no chance of it happening.

I think it will happen... eventually. Especially if Bradley and/or Alexander beat Khan. My opinion is that Khan avoid (builds up) a fight with Bradley after he wins this saturday. Bradley is a free agent then so will move to Goldenboy, The winner will most likely go on to Welter and loser end up picking up the pieces and earning respect against the other top fighters at 140, which Maidana will still be. I think Khan deserved his win against Maidana but the KD and Refereeing was key. On another night Khan will get stopped. Maidana if he hadnt needed recovery rounds would have started landing big a few rounds earlier and Khan wouldnt have came close to surviving even.

Its a rematch the boxing world craves. Guaranteed classic.
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »

I think it will happen... eventually. Especially if Bradley and/or Alexander beat Khan. My opinion is that Khan avoid (builds up) a fight with Bradley after he wins this saturday. Bradley is a free agent then so will move to Goldenboy, The winner will most likely go on to Welter and loser end up picking up the pieces and earning respect against the other top fighters at 140, which Maidana will still be. I think Khan deserved his win against Maidana but the KD and Refereeing was key. On another night Khan will get stopped. Maidana if he hadnt needed recovery rounds would have started landing big a few rounds earlier and Khan wouldnt have came close to surviving even.

I would love to share you Optimism, I just don't think kahn or Roach will have anything to do with this lad. I hope i'm wrong mind you.

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »

I would love to share you Optimism, I just don't think kahn or Roach will have anything to do with this lad. I hope i'm wrong mind you.

Bradley beats anyone at 140 and Khan cant avoid fighting him. Maidana will be all over him as the WBA mandatory again. Dure after Khan fights whatever pony is next he will be paying off Maidana again!!
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:44 AM »

Agree mate, I fort the refereeing aswell as Maidanas desperation were key to Khan not being kncoked out.....If Maidana just picked his punches more and didnt sufficate his work by getting so close to Khan hed of got the job done, also if that nob head had refereed it properly without man handling Maidana every time he hit Khan than Khan would alos of been stopped.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: