LiveFight
July 16, 2018, 06:14:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan to McCloskey: Take the offer  (Read 13096 times)
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-believes-he-worlds-quickest-boxer--35112

Amir Khan Believes He is The World’s Quickest Boxer

By Terence Dooley

Amir Khan has told TalkSport.co.uk that his hand speed is unrivalled in the world of boxing.  Khan is set to defend his WBA light-welterweight title at the MEN Arena, Manchester on April 16 – Manchester’s John Murray and Northern Ireland’s Paul McCloskey are both in the frame as Khan seeks to finalise the details of his homecoming bout.

Amir defeated Paulie Malignaggi and Marcos Madiana last year, in New York and Las Vegas respectively; the 24-year-old feels that his recent development has seen him outstrip fellow speedsters Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

“There's no fighter as quick as me, that's a fact.  Floyd, Manny Pacquiao, anyone,” declared the 24-1 (17) fighter.  

I read this today and it just made me shake my head.

On what basis does he justify that stuff? How does he know it's a fact? His ego is running away again.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »

I read this today and it just made me shake my head.

On what basis does he justify that stuff? How does he know it's a fact? His ego is running away again.

Yeah he truly is a twat. Enjoyed his last fight immensly and cannot wait for his next decent opponent. Bradley in particular. But he truly is a clown.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:52:41 PM »

The guy is a complete PR disaster and thinks he is better than he is he had to hang on for dear life against Maidana. I actually hate watching the guy fight although his last fight was a classic tbh I'm starting to get to the stage that I hope he gets sparked again just to shut him up.

A Slice of Life
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »

The guy is a complete PR disaster and thinks he is better than he is he had to hang on for dear life against Maidana. I actually hate watching the guy fight although his last fight was a classic tbh I'm starting to get to the stage that I hope he gets sparked again just to shut him up.

Only a matter of time before he does Rodney.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »

The Maidana fight was exciting enough for a rematch to be made but GBP are aiming Khan at Mayweather. They won't want to jeopardize, what *they* think is a rich fight, by going for Maidana again. Maybe after Khan is beaten by Floyd.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »

The Maidana fight was exciting enough for a rematch to be made but GBP are aiming Khan at Mayweather. They won't want to jeopardize, what *they* think is a rich fight, by going for Maidana again. Maybe after Khan is beaten by Floyd.

Or Bradley
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »

If this was the other way round and PM was champion you would all be shouting 'take the money khan you greedy little twat, its the most you've ever been offered'.
Very boring now people.
Apparently the arrogant prick Khan insists that his opponent wears gloves when they fight and isnt even allowed any weapons! What a fuckin pussy, why wont he stand in front of people and get punched in the face for free. I hate the way he avoids punches and the way he wants paying for doing his job.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »

If this was the other way round and PM was champion you would all be shouting 'take the money khan you greedy little twat, its the most you've ever been offered'.
Very boring now people.
Apparently the arrogant prick Khan insists that his opponent wears gloves when they fight and isnt even allowed any weapons! What a fuckin pussy, why wont he stand in front of people and get punched in the face for free. I hate the way he avoids punches and the way he wants paying for doing his job.

ah jaysis.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »

ah jaysis.

to be sure, so it is.etc...
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »

Very boring now people.

He sent away a good opponent in Peterson over money and has lined up another fighter cheaper. And he's still moaning. He can't have it every way. You're making it out like he's being victimised. Neither Peterson or McCloskey are PPV quality fights and yet Khan will be getting it on PPV and make a fortune either way.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »

He sent away a good opponent in Peterson over money and has lined up another fighter cheaper. And he's still moaning. He can't have it every way. You're making it out like he's being victimised. Neither Peterson or McCloskey are PPV quality fights and yet Khan will be getting it on PPV and make a fortune either way.

He offered both of them career best purses, why is he the greedy one. He's the one with the ppv and the name, he's the one who people will tune in for (either to love or hate), he's the one who sells the fight. McCloskey wants to take a leaf out of Chisora's book.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »

He offered both of them career best purses, why is he the greedy one. He's the one with the ppv and the name, he's the one who people will tune in for (either to love or hate), he's the one who sells the fight. McCloskey wants to take a leaf out of Chisora's book.

ah hes a great lad offering them a career best... sure that wouldnt be hard. champion should get 60% and challenger should get 40% across the board, that would cut out all this sh*t.

mccloskey will bring a huge following from ireland and will sell alot of irish ppv's. khan cant fill an arena no matter who hes fighting.
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »

ah hes a great lad offering them a career best... sure that wouldnt be hard. champion should get 60% and challenger should get 40% across the board, that would cut out all this sh*t.

mccloskey will bring a huge following from ireland and will sell alot of irish ppv's. khan cant fill an arena no matter who hes fighting.

yeah if marketed correctly here in ireland he would equal the entire amount of ppv's he got for kotelnik just on these shores alone + what ever the numbers that will buy it in britain,
I have found it very interesting that khan has been nearly begging mccloskey to take fight.

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »

I don't see why Khan cares so much about how much the other guy is fighting or why he has suddenly become such an expert on the going rates for fighters in World Title fights.

Money seems to be every third word coming out of Team Khan's mouth. I can almost see him turning round and expecting 60% should he ever negotiate a fight with Floyd.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 11:11:10 PM »

I don't see why Khan cares so much about how much the other guy is fighting or why he has suddenly become such an expert on the going rates for fighters in World Title fights.

Money seems to be every third word coming out of Team Khan's mouth. I can almost see him turning round and expecting 60% should he ever negotiate a fight with Floyd.

When you have a belt you get to call the shots, some champions are probably more fair than others. Then again, what is fair?

How much do you reckon the challenger should get?
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: