LiveFight
January 23, 2018, 09:50:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan to McCloskey: Take the offer  (Read 11841 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 12:27:58 AM »

Guzman was the other one I thought of.

http://www.boxingscene.com/joan-guzman-suspended-eight-months-retire--35277

Got an 8 month ban. I think it was handed down today.
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 12:27:58 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/joan-guzman-suspended-eight-months-retire--35277

Got an 8 month ban. I think it was handed down today.

So Mayweather SR was lashing drugs into him...... Ironic
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 09:21:47 PM »

You've said that a couple of times now that you dont hate Khan, but before the Maidana fight did you not wish he put 'in a coma'. That's quite hate filled mate.
As far as the Maidana fight goes Khan showed his class in the first half of the fight and his stomach for a fight in the second, he gave you everything that you said you wanted from a fighter BUT you will still continue to spout bile at every thread containing Khan's name.

dude you only full well that that was a tongue in cheek statement and i didnt mean it literally, i just meant i hope hes painted to the canvas. i dont wanna see any fighter get damaged regardless or weather i dislike them or not.

i dont spout bile in every thread either, i critise khan when i feel the need and give him hes dues when he deserves it just like any other fighter. i was actually half coming around to the guy but he just doesnt help himself at all and seems to be going back to his old ways again.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

Khan lines up Witter for April clash
spam staff
Junior Witter was beaten by Devon Alexander in his last fight, which took place in August 2009

Amir Khan has turned his sights on Junior Witter as he continues to search for an opponent for his April 16 clash in Manchester, according to his dad Shah.

The WBA light-welterweight champion has seen Paul McCloskey turn down two offers on financial grounds, while Lamont Peterson appears to have gone cold on the fight.

That has severely depleted Khan's options, with two of the biggest players in his division - Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander - unavailable following their battle at the weekend, which Bradley won via technical decision.

Khan is now lining up a clash with Witter, who is set to return to action against Victor Puiu in February following 18 months out of the sport. Witter, 36, is a former WBC light-welterweight champion who has taken to the ring with Bradley and Alexander, losing on both occasions.

"Junior is on our list," Shah Khan told the Sun. "He's an ex-world champion who lost a split to Tim Bradley, so no-one can criticise his pedigree."

Khan is aiming to unify the division by taking on Bradley in the UK later this year.

http://www.spam.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/71315.html

Surely not!  That would just about round things off, Khan -v- Witter.  It would take the pressure off Haye, that's for sure.  BUT would anyone pay for this?  I mean anyone?  Jaysus!
Bristol
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

I though Witter can't make LWW he said it was killing him and he will be a better fighter at WW so I can't see this happening.
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

I though Witter can't make LWW he said it was killing him and he will be a better fighter at WW so I can't see this happening.

No doubt that's why Khans trying to make the fight.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »

No doubt that's why Khans trying to make the fight.

Probably, Deck!  I refuse to believe it till I see it, but I doubt I'd even bother watching anyway.  I love it when Shah Khan says, "He's an ex-world champion who lost a split to Tim Bradley, so no-one can criticise his pedigree."  Criticise Witter?  Now who on earth would do that?  I was in favour of Hatton fighting him, way back when, I'll grant you.  And I'm content to see Khan have a bit of an easier night's work next, but this really would be taking the p1ss.  He's over the hill, too old, and he never was consistent at his peak.  In boxing terms, he's a joke.  Then again, so was Audley, so wait for the tickets on the black market for 1,000 I guess?   Grin
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/kell-brook-ill-fight-amir-khan-on-4-16-manchester--35450

I can't see Khan ever wanting to take this one on on. He is running out of options.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: