LiveFight
January 16, 2019, 09:01:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradley contract up in May... will he move on from Shaw ?  (Read 5825 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=1251&y=2011&m=01

I think he will likely join Golden Boy seeing as they have Khan, Ortiz, Maidana and Peterson on the books now.
LiveFight
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »

joey_ed27

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:31:44 AM »

Agree that GB may have the inside track with those fighters on their stable.  However I do feel all those fighters will be looking to build their name off him and not the other way around. 

Would love to see Pacquiao vs Bradley Grin

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »

Agree that GB may have the inside track with those fighters on their stable.  However I do feel all those fighters will be looking to build their name off him and not the other way around. 

Would love to see Pacquiao vs Bradley Grin

Manny has nothing to worry about coz Bradly is still levels below him.
It makes no difference if Bradly stays or leaves Gary Shaw,coz the money Guys won't want to fight him anyways since he's not a Huge Draw on his own.
Bradly's fighting style will not help his cause for it is off putting for future Name opponents.

Southern Storm
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »

Saturday's fight proves why Bradley would be no problem for Manny. I still don't get why people are saying Bradley is that good. He has some decent defensive skills, and likes a brawl, but not much else. Manny would annihalate him....quick.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
dallykint
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Credit to Gary Shaw for being prepared to put his fighters in with top competition on a consistent basis,but he really is lousy when it comes to promoting his own fighters.You'll never see a Gary Shaw fighter fighting in front of a decent crowd.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=1251&y=2011&m=01

I think he will likely join Golden Boy seeing as they have Khan, Ortiz, Maidana and Peterson on the books now.

Golden Boy most likely, most logical step really...
Formerly Known as Hitman999
V.I.P

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »

Saturday's fight proves why Bradley would be no problem for Manny. I still don't get why people are saying Bradley is that good. He has some decent defensive skills, and likes a brawl, but not much else. Manny would annihalate him....quick.

I agree entirely, i think bradley is overraeted!!  I thought Alexander was more of a real deal before saturday too I personally think Khan and Maidana are best two in division at moment I also have a bit more time for Ortiz based on the knock downs in the maidana fight I would like to see Ortiz V Bradley I think that would be a good marker.

Back to topic I can see him staying or if he does go it will be golden boy as they will sell the point to bradley about the khan's ortiz' etc then if you could consider mayweather, golden boy also show they can make fight with pacman (apart from floyd debacle) so GBP would be a good fit.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »

Bradley is effective at what he does and is strong and very determined.

Alexander was no joke, but got rolled into a corner every 30 seconds by Tim "bowling ball head" Bradley.
Formerly Known as Hitman999
V.I.P

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:41:49 PM »

Bradley is effective at what he does and is strong and very determined.

Alexander was no joke, but got rolled into a corner every 30 seconds by Tim "bowling ball head" Bradley.

please dont get me wrong I am very willing to give Bradley and Alexander more points but would like to see them in their next bout against someone highly rated and see the outcome then.  I did have to admit I was impressed by Bradleys aggression on saturday and dont want to discount his win, I just think unfortunately Alexander ruined the fight by bailing out in the way he did.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »

As a bit of a fan of Alexander, I was quite let down by his attitude. I guess when the tough gets going, it exposes fighters for what they really are.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

Alexander is a bit of a hype job slowly but surely over his past few fights he as shown many weaknesses and to me he as no heart. He acted like Witter against himself looking for a way out but I must admit Bradley is one dirty fighter.
No one can relish facing him and tbh I think many fighters are right to avoid him. When folk are getting stopped on cuts because of blatant head butting he should face stiff consequences.

motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »

Alexander is a bit of a hype job slowly but surely over his past few fights he as shown many weaknesses and to me he as no heart. He acted like Witter against himself looking for a way out but I must admit Bradley is one dirty fighter.
No one can relish facing him and tbh I think many fighters are right to avoid him. When folk are getting stopped on cuts because of blatant head butting he should face stiff consequences.
True dat.

He only has 11 KOS and can't remember last time he has stopped anyone.
At no point in the fight did he really stun Alexander or wabbled him,but all the injuries on Alexander's face came from head butts.
His last 5 opponents all had cuts from head butts and in future refs will come down hard on him,unless he remodels his style to avoid head clashes.
But seriously no one can Blame Khan for not fighting him coz the fight could be turned from head clashes when Bradly gets desperate to land anything be it with his Gloves or head.

He has a similar competitive steak to Ward in that his main aim is to take away an opponent's strengths to guarantee a win,regardless of how Ugly or good it might look.
I feel they need to focus less on their 0s and more on trying to put on a Show for the fans by going for KOs in exciting fights.
Words cannot explain how much of a letdown last weeks bout was.

Southern Storm
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 05:42:16 PM »

well done you just gave khan the reason to duck the fight  Roll Eyes Grin

'contendunt ad optimum'
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »

well done you just gave khan the reason to duck the fight  Roll Eyes Grin
Its not ducking,its going for Greener pastures.
Khan will mash up better against Berto or other Welterweight belt holders.
So its sensible for him to give Bradly the middle finger and leap frog him,coz he does not have too much to gain from fighting him.
If only Bradly had looked impressive,then the demand for the fight would be huge but his stocks too a dive despite his win.

Southern Storm
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: