LiveFight
January 23, 2018, 10:11:10 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Craig McEwan Interview  (Read 2296 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »

a lot fo you ay know i used to do my own boxing writing.I haven't done anything for a while but was aksed to interview Craig McEwan for Boxing Ireland ,so here it is /Hope you enjoy it

http://boxing-ireland.com/20110210_c...dy_lee_72.html

LiveFight
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »

Team Lee

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »

'Celtic Wow' as Lee overcomes McEwan in titanic thriller

http://boxing-ireland.com/20110313_andy_lee_wins_58.html
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »

This was a serious scrap. Fight of the weekend. Fair play to Craig for putting on a great performance and Andy for pulling off a huge win when he looked beaten. I think he exorcised some demons there.
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »

Its lucky lee did not get the opportunity the other night to fight martinez he would of been murdered . It was a good finish and all that but jesus could he hold his chin any higher. It was scary how they both gased after 7 rounds . I dont think many steward is any good for lee. I  would like to see him do well but he is a brutal ko waiting to happen

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »

Its lucky lee did not get the opportunity the other night to fight martinez he would of been murdered . It was a good finish and all that but jesus could he hold his chin any higher. It was scary how they both gased after 7 rounds . I dont think many steward is any good for lee. I  would like to see him do well but he is a brutal ko waiting to happen

Ah I wouldnt put him in the same room as Martinez never mind the same ring. He will try go another route. I can see him fighting Chavez or Vera next. In fairness he is top 10 material. Its just Martinez is a mile ahead of the rest. Mc Ewan made it interesting. They both gassed because they both tried to finish the fight a few times. I was shocked that Lee finished stronger.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »

I think that Andy's body shots in the 8th took a lot out of Craig.

They've tried to make the Vera rematch before but Brian's people weren't interested.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

I think that Andy's body shots in the 8th took a lot out of Craig.

They've tried to make the Vera rematch before but Brian's people weren't interested.

Vera is a bigger name than Andy Lee is. He beat Sergio Mora the other month and everyone knows him.

Perhaps Mora is a fight he should look at himself.

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »

Vera is a bigger name than Andy Lee is. He beat Sergio Mora the other month and everyone knows him.

That's certainly a fight that Andy could win.
boxingfan
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »

vera lost to mcEwan shows that mcEwan  is a decent fighter
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »

vera lost to mcEwan shows that mcEwan  is a decent fighter

Craig proved alot of people wrong the other night. He should great skill. May lack power, although nearly had Lee out in the fourth
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »

I think your wrong there. The yanks love Andy and HBO will after saturday night too. He got $120,000 and was on HBO. Vera was a big underdog and only in against Mora because the superbowl was on in Texas and Friday Night Fights needed a Texan themed night. He pulled it off and fair play. He deserved it. However I think Andy beats him in a rematch. Its the only lucrative fight Vera could get right now and its winnable in his mind at least.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »

Craig done well ,it was  a lack of stamina in the end that lost him the fight .well done to lee,would love a rematch a bit dow the road... i know craig will be back .
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »

Craig done well ,it was  a lack of stamina in the end that lost him the fight .well done to lee,would love a rematch a bit dow the road... i know craig will be back .

I don't know mate. I thought he looked in much better shape up till the 8th. I think a few of those body shots in the 8th took a lot of gas out of him. He fought a great fight and I'm sure it will have done his career no harm in terms if exposure and he was winning the fight.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: