LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 07:50:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradley-Khan Update  (Read 2512 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:04 AM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bradley-khan-update-77733#more-77733

Bradley-Khan Update

By Francisco Salazar

World title holders Timothy Bradley and Amir Khan have spent the last couple of weeks calling each other out. The back and forth jostling between the two top 140-pound fighters has been a broken record of sorts on the media and fight fans who want to see whom will reign supreme in this dream matchup. Now it appears as though both fighters can do away with their sales pitches through the media and on television. Both fighters are signed on to face each other on Saturday, July 23rd at a still to be determined location, promoter Gary Shaw told Fightnews.com.

“It’s done,” said Shaw late Monday night, clarifying a feature article on Amir Khan earlier this week. “There is an agreement between Richard Schaefer and myself that both Amir and Timothy will fight each other on July 23rd.”

The only person stepping in between this matchup is unbeaten Paul McCloskey, who will take on Khan (24-1, 17 KO’s) at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England on April 16th.

“Obviously Khan has to win on April 16th for this fight to take place,” said Shaw. “With regards to where the fight will take place, we’re open to Vegas or Los Angeles or anywhere.”

Recently, both Bradley and Khan appeared in different broadcasts of HBO’s “Boxing After Dark.” Bradley appeared on the February 19th telecast in Las Vegas where he called on Khan to make the fight happen.

This past Saturday in Anaheim, CA, Khan appeared and called on Bradley to make the fight happen.

Khan’s last fight was a hard-fought 12 round unanimous decision over hard-hitting and interim world titlist Marcos Maidana in December.

Bradley (27-0 1NC, 11 KO’s) defeated Devon Alexander by a 10 round technical decision in a battle between unbeaten 140 pound fighters in a unification bout six weeks ago at the Silverdome in Pontiac, MI.
LiveFight
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:04 AM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »

Credit to khan, he finally starting to deliver on his promises. Maidana and Bradley within a 7month period is as tough as it gets  so credit wer its due.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »

Credit to khan, he finally starting to deliver on his promises. Maidana and Bradley within a 7month period is as tough as it gets  so credit wer its due.

Has someone hacked your account? Grin
Only joking mate, personally I think it's dangerous for Khan to start looking past 1 guy at a time. You never know he may get an 'abdominal injury' and have to pull out of the Mclosky fight.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »

Yeah fair play to Amir. I'll be backing Bradley and think he's the man for the job. But win or lose Khan comes out better for it. Fair play to Bradley too. He's an animal. He's building a really impressive resume.

Khan needs to be careful with Paul. I think he could give alot more than people think and may trouble him.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »

Has someone hacked your account? Grin
Only joking mate, personally I think it's dangerous for Khan to start looking past 1 guy at a time. You never know he may get an 'abdominal injury' and have to pull out of the Mclosky fight.

2 months of looking at his naked midsection has turned him.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »

whieldon
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »

khan deserves credit for this taking on the best like he said he would and good on him he could easily fight mandatory fighters for 10 years

but he should be looking past mccoslkey he could cause kahn a few problems
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »

2 months of looking at his naked midsection has turned him.

Haha thought so.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »

Haha thought so.

Grin sorry lads I don't know what came over me there...

Seriously though I've said all along I've  no problem with khan as a person I'm sure hes a good guy...it was the padded record, fights against old men n blown up bums that bothered me, along with the mouthing that was never backed up. He's starting to back it up now and is taking dangerous fights against steller opposition and has a result gets my respect..hell knows  if he keeps this up I might become a fan  Grin
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »

Grin sorry lads I don't know what came over me there...

Seriously though I've said all along I've  no problem with khan as a person I'm sure hes a good guy...it was the padded record, fights against old men n blown up bums that bothered me, along with the mouthing that was never backed up. He's starting to back it up now and is taking dangerous fights against steller opposition and has a result gets my respect..hell knows  if he keeps this up I might become a fan  Grin

Think of the fighter he'd be if he had a great chin! If he could go toe to toe with Bradley he'd be far better.
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »

Khan gets a fair chunk of respect here, his recent run of opposition has been world class,

Malignaggi, Maidana, Mcloskey, Bradley, thats not a bad little run at all. Just hope he sorts his dodgey team out who seriously tarnish his reputation.

Summer is looking very sweet for boxing and british boxing especially

Khan-Bradley
Haye-Klitchko

Within a month of each other, plus potentially other matchups that will appear as time goes on, we may see Ward-Froch at the end of summer?

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »

I've always believed in Khan's words that he's wanted to fight the best apart from the questionable pre-Maidana fight situation. This is another step toward getting boxing back where it should be, let's hope more meaningful fights take place.

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »

Excellent good on Khan taking this fight summer is starting to look very exciting. Some really big fights shaping up I'm starting to look excited about the summer months.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: