LiveFight
August 17, 2018, 02:46:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judah camp targets Marquez  (Read 9782 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: March 09, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »

http://www.fightnews.com/

Judah camp targets Marquez

By Karl Freitag

Now that newly crowned IBF junior welterweight champion Zab Judah has regained a world title, there is already speculation on what he’ll do next. On Tuesday, Zab stated that he’s ready to fight any of the top dogs in the 140 pound division and is looking to land “the biggest money fight.”

“The goal now is big fights,” said promoter Kathy Duva. “He’s a pay-per-view fighter and he should be in pay-per-view fights. There are a few big names out there and right now there aren’t a lot of big fights in boxing and that’s what it needs. Marquez seems to be the only one available at the moment as a pay-per-view fighter so he would be a logical choice.

“I like the Marquez fight,” commented Judah. “I like what he is. I like what he’s going to bring to the table. That’s the kind of fight I’m looking for.”

Regarding Marquez’ uncertain promotional status with Golden Boy, Duva stated “I think Marquez clearly has to sort out his promotional situation, but when he does we will be happy to offer the fight to whoever he decides he’d like us to offer it to. Zab is the champion, if Marquez is available this summer, that fits perfectly with our schedule.”
March 9th, 2011
LiveFight
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »

I think it would be a fight that would suit both parties. JMM as always fancied the idea of being the first Mexican to be a 4 weight World Champion but the likes of Khan and Alexander have been to big for him. Zab isn't a big naturally strong fighter like Mayweather was so JMM would be facing a Guy past his peak and tailor made for him style wise.
I think if both fighters can sort out a fair deal then the fight should happen JMM is not getting younger and the paydays and opportunites seem as though they are drying up.

motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »

This will be a good match up.
Even though Marquez is on the slide Physically,his skillset is still good and is very tough mentally.
He is Vulnerable early since he was dropped by Katsidis and had to make adjustments.
Its a toss up fight for me,even though Marquez has the better skill set,I feel Judah is still dangerous with his fast hands and knock out power.

Southern Storm
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »

It's hard to tell the outcome of this. If Judah keeps developing under Whitaker he can beat Marquez. He can certainly hurt him. And again it's a a weight Marquez isn't suited for. It all depends on what Judah turns up. He's still capable of world class performances.
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

After watching Judah Saturday night, I think he would take this one.

Marquez' best bet would be to work the body and try to get Zab to engage and possibly stop him late, but if Zab can get the game-plan executed to a tee (namely stick and move and pile up the points/rounds), then for me it is his fight to lose.

Judah UD.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

Marquez will destroy Judah at this stage. I don't understand all this positivity toward Judah's performance after he was losing the fight and was lucky to find one big shot. He even started crying to the ref during the middle of it. Marquez by KO.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »

Marquez will destroy Judah at this stage. I don't understand all this positivity toward Judah's performance after he was losing the fight and was lucky to find one big shot. He even started crying to the ref during the middle of it. Marquez by KO.

I had him up by 2 rounds. He was moaning because it was never a knock down and Mabuza was using some pretty rough tactics throughout. I love Marquez, but I think Zab has all the tools to beat him, assuming he can stay focused and maintain his game-plan from opening bell to the last.
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »

It seems you are the only one who saw it as a lucky punch.
Many of us saw it as a Calculated move that he had been setting him up in previous rounds.
He was figuring out the angles in the previous round and that's why he dropped that round.
But in the 7th he had sussed out his opponent and Knew when the opening would come and he waited for it,and went for it.
You notice when he threw the punch his eyes were wide open,coz he was precise with the point he wanted the shot to land.
A person who lands a lucky punch,normally throws it with his eyes closed or looking away,but Zab had his eyes focused on Mabuza the whole time as he lured him into the trap.
I suppose you did not even see how many times Mabuza was punching so much Air coz Zab was making him miss badly,plus Zab landed More jabs than Mabuza although he threw less.
He was just being Economical rather than wasting punches.
I still believe you watched a different fight to the rest of us,coz Zab methodically measured his opponent before catching him clean.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:34:17 PM by motoriser » Logged

Southern Storm
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »

Great match up but one I have JMM winning however its a good decent fight both have names and a following Judah less so but both could do well out the fight its a fight that interests and excites me.

A Slice of Life
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:47:13 PM »

Judah is coming down from 147 and Marqez has gone from 130 to 135. He's stretching it at 135 where his power and chin isn't what is was. He's not a 140lb fighter. I'd like to see him hang them up soon while he's on top of his division.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »

Hard to believe, but Judah is about 5-6 years younger than JMM.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

It seems you are the only one who saw it as a lucky punch.

I guess I mean that was a lucky opening for him. I also thought he lost a lot of his speed, too. If the fight's at 140, which it will be, then perhaps Judah has more chance, but based on experience, this will be a schooling.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:51:14 PM by Skav » Logged

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »

Judah is coming down from 147 and Marqez has gone from 130 to 135. He's stretching it at 135 where his power and chin isn't what is was. He's not a 140lb fighter. I'd like to see him hang them up soon while he's on top of his division.
Agree 100%. One interesting fight I wouldn't mind seeing is JMM-Guerrero after Guerrero outboxes Katsidis to win that one. Unfortunately, and understandably, that's not a fight JMM would be interested in.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »

Agree 100%. One interesting fight I wouldn't mind seeing is JMM-Guerrero after Guerrero outboxes Katsidis to win that one. Unfortunately, and understandably, that's not a fight JMM would be interested in.

If he was to fight anyone I think Guerrero is the best fight out there. JMM won't win forever Robert would be a good fight and a worthy lineal takeover should he lose. I'd like it to be his last fight. He's too proud to want to hang them up despite his diminishing stamina and speed.
joey_ed27

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39:43 AM »

Tough fight..  But Marquez wins this for me.  Physically Judah is stronger at 140lbs but Marquez is one craftly individual that is just on a higher level.  Marquez will break him down mentally, and that going to be the fight. 

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: