LiveFight
April 21, 2018, 03:52:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judah camp targets Marquez  (Read 9233 times)
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »

Tough fight..  But Marquez wins this for me.  Physically Judah is stronger at 140lbs but Marquez is one craftly individual that is just on a higher level.  Marquez will break him down mentally, and that going to be the fight. 

Judah has the power to seriously hurt Marquez... even Diaz who can't really punch rocked him. Marquez is a masterful boxer though and showed that against Katsidis... BUT Judah hasn't had issues with boxers so much as he has pressure fighters save for Floyd who obviously would outbox anyone out there, even so he gave him some problems for the first few rounds too though. Hard fight to call... I might go with Judah by stoppage though.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:56:43 AM »

Judah has the power to seriously hurt Marquez... even Diaz who can't really punch rocked him. Marquez is a masterful boxer though and showed that against Katsidis... BUT Judah hasn't had issues with boxers so much as he has pressure fighters save for Floyd who obviously would outbox anyone out there, even so he gave him some problems for the first few rounds too though. Hard fight to call... I might go with Judah by stoppage though.

i agree meth completely . I really don't see marquez outboxing judah if its at 140 or above . Both can actually catch the other with counters which make this fight interesting .

Marquez can slip the judah's jab with a counter straight right hand and zab can rock marquez with a uppercut at anytime since both are open to counters.

I do feel zab wins at 140 or above but will favor marquez at 135 or lower.

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »

I think Judah would boss this one. He's huge at 140 has more power and is a better boxer and quicker. Marquez is a great counter puncher but would he get counter punching opportunities?
King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »

I think Judah would boss this one. He's huge at 140 has more power and is a better boxer and quicker. Marquez is a great counter puncher but would he get counter punching opportunities?

same here. dunno about 'better boxer' but he'd be too much for Marquez. Too big, strong and fast.

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »

same here. dunno about 'better boxer' but he'd be too much for Marquez. Too big, strong and fast.

I think Judah is a quality all round boxer. Especially when focused, and normally untill buzzed. He'd use all his advantages against Juan. But its a good fight for Juan too. It would be a very exciting fight.

I've followed Judah over the last 18 months and am delighted he's back in the mix!
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »

King Cotto
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »

I think Judah is a quality all round boxer. Especially when focused, and normally untill buzzed. He'd use all his advantages against Juan. But its a good fight for Juan too. It would be a very exciting fight.

I've followed Judah over the last 18 months and am delighted he's back in the mix!

I agree. But I think he would be able to put Marquez on his bum, repeatedly. I like watching Judah but even more so Marquez, who - somewhat romantically, I admit - embodies the Aztec warrior spirit for me. Judah's class but I don't like the character. Marquez would lose and it would make me sad.  Embarrassed

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »

Marquez is the much better boxer, Judah certainly isn't bad, BUT at some point he's going to land a hard punch and he has good killer instinct and will jump right in and give Juan no room to breathe and will be throwing a massive amount of punches... I have to go with Judah by stoppage at 140 personally.
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »

I guess I mean that was a lucky opening for him. I also thought he lost a lot of his speed, too. If the fight's at 140, which it will be, then perhaps Judah has more chance, but based on experience, this will be a schooling.

How can it be lucky when Mabuza walked into the shot? Judah timed it to perfection and caught him perfectly clean.
cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »

If Judah has the power, accuracy, and output to hurt Marquez, he can knock him out.  Big if.  Mayweather, Pacquiao, and 50-odd other opponents couldn't do it.

If Judah can't hurt Marquez (which, personally, I don't think he can) then Marquez wins by a decision with a comfortable margin.  He's too accurate and smart and will outbox Judah.  Even though he's a weight class up, I don't think Zab has it in him to impose his size and make it count.

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »

If Judah has the power, accuracy, and output to hurt Marquez, he can knock him out.  Big if.  Mayweather, Pacquiao, and 50-odd other opponents couldn't do it.

If Judah can't hurt Marquez (which, personally, I don't think he can) then Marquez wins by a decision with a comfortable margin.  He's too accurate and smart and will outbox Judah.  Even though he's a weight class up, I don't think Zab has it in him to impose his size and make it count.

Did Mayweather really try to hurt Juan? He really sat back and hit a lot on the move rather than sitting down on his punches. Marquez has been put down in most of his recent fights. He is untested at 140 and only fought at 147lbs against someone that frankly took it much easier on him than he could have.
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »

I think Marquez would win this one. So much stronger mentally than Judah.

Judah has all the advantages, but half the battle is won in the head, and Marquez wins that battle.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »

How can it be lucky when Mabuza walked into the shot? Judah timed it to perfection and caught him perfectly clean.

Yes, I'm saying that was an opening that he NEEDED to win the fight cos I had him losing. It was still down to a lot of luck that Mabuza opened that up for him.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
King Cotto
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »

Yes, I'm saying that was an opening that he NEEDED to win the fight cos I had him losing. It was still down to a lot of luck that Mabuza opened that up for him.

that's a bit debatable; the guy had just switched stances again as before; after that he halfheartedly threw a punch and instead of pulling it back straight to cover the chin he dropped it like a bloody beginner in his first week of boxing... I am unsure as to how much Judah set him up or rather 'merely' exploited the opportunity... even if only the latter, it was a proper hunter's move, which would say a lot about his superb reflexes; if the former, Judah gets the credit for plannning such a or similar move and setting the guy up; either way, well done although a bit of luck is part of the game

by the way, I am only going by memory at the mo (watched the fight only 1x)...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:39:27 PM by King Cotto » Logged

Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

because at 140, Judah has more power than manny had at 130... Floyd wanted to put in 12 full rounds, as he had been out of the ring for a while and because Judah NEEDS to put in the kind of performances that get him noticed.
King Cotto
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »

because at 140, Judah has more power than manny had at 130... Floyd wanted to put in 12 full rounds, as he had been out of the ring for a while and because Judah NEEDS to put in the kind of performances that get him noticed.

spot on

I am still a bit shocked when I remember how Floyd was able to play cat and mouse with Marquez, who was the Phillipino's equal in two fights. Utter madness.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: