LiveFight
January 17, 2018, 07:51:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judah camp targets Marquez  (Read 8696 times)
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 02:45:45 AM »

Did Mayweather really try to hurt Juan? He really sat back and hit a lot on the move rather than sitting down on his punches. Marquez has been put down in most of his recent fights. He is untested at 140 and only fought at 147lbs against someone that frankly took it much easier on him than he could have.

Hasim Rahman Jr said on facebook that Floyd injured his right hand and that was the reason why he coasted the fight. I take it that the two are really good friends because he said it with a lot of conviction.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 02:45:45 AM »

grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »

Hasim Rahman Jr said on facebook that Floyd injured his right hand and that was the reason why he coasted the fight. I take it that the two are really good friends because he said it with a lot of conviction.

Could be the case but I think floyd just doesn't see the point in taking the risks half the time, he was pot shotting the whole fight but he started to sustain pressure on marquez against the ropes in the 10th round and marquez caught him with a couple of counters, as soon as that happened floyd dropped back to pot shotting and outboxing him.

He calculates the risk and if being too aggressive gives the opponent options then he isn't going to do it

justicia...
cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »

spot on

I am still a bit shocked when I remember how Floyd was able to play cat and mouse with Marquez, who was the Phillipino's equal in two fights. Utter madness.
Manny took him on at 130, Mayweather at 147.  That's a big, big advantage for Mayweather who was basically 2 weight divisions above Marquez.  Also styles make fights.  Pacquiao is a come-forward swarm fighter, Mayweather an expert defensive counter puncher.  Marquez is a counter-puncher / boxer.  Marquez is the ideal foil to Pacqiuao's style because he stands his ground but needs somebody attacking him to really put his shots together.  (FWIW I'm not convinced that Mayweather's style is as effective against a volume puncher like Pacquiao as people think it will be.  Pacquiao punches in bunches and then moves; he won't be as stationary as e.g. Mosley after he gets his shots off.)

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »

Could be the case but I think floyd just doesn't see the point in taking the risks half the time, he was pot shotting the whole fight but he started to sustain pressure on marquez against the ropes in the 10th round and marquez caught him with a couple of counters, as soon as that happened floyd dropped back to pot shotting and outboxing him.

He calculates the risk and if being too aggressive gives the opponent options then he isn't going to do it

Spot on. He throws about 2 punches a time and pulls back because he knows that anymore leaves him open to risks. It's boring but it works.

grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »

Spot on. He throws about 2 punches a time and pulls back because he knows that anymore leaves him open to risks. It's boring but it works.

He's never going to be in a gatti-ward style fight but I wouldn't say boring. The guys a technician, and skill-wise he is the best. Baldomir was the only time I would say he was truly boring.

justicia...
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »

Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »

Manny took him on at 130, Mayweather at 147.  That's a big, big advantage for Mayweather who was basically 2 weight divisions above Marquez.  Also styles make fights.  Pacquiao is a come-forward swarm fighter, Mayweather an expert defensive counter puncher.  Marquez is a counter-puncher / boxer.  Marquez is the ideal foil to Pacqiuao's style because he stands his ground but needs somebody attacking him to really put his shots together.  (FWIW I'm not convinced that Mayweather's style is as effective against a volume puncher like Pacquiao as people think it will be.  Pacquiao punches in bunches and then moves; he won't be as stationary as e.g. Mosley after he gets his shots off.)

few things I have to say here... first off, the weight makes a difference I agree, but at 147 Floyd could have completely KO'd Marquez... IMO he had so much time off that he wanted to get that ring time in. manny was at 130... so what? He's made 2 of his opponents drop to weights that were more convenient for him so most of us don't want to hear a damn thing about weight being an issue. If he was THAT concerned about the fight being at 130 don't you think roach the snake would have bitched and cried like he always does about the fight being 5 more lbs north? He didn't however, the fact is that only manny's knockdown in that fight saved him from a loss. It's going to be a long and hard night for him if he and Floyd ever fight... pure boxers and movers give manny a lot of problems, hence the reason all of his opponents come straight at him. Mosley is to old and only has a punchers chance, but if manny isn't careful and manny gets hit with one of those right hands that could be the end. Floyd's instinct was to grab shane and hold on so he couldn't do anything... manny will try to fire back, only to get hit with more big punches.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

spot on

I am still a bit shocked when I remember how Floyd was able to play cat and mouse with Marquez, who was the Phillipino's equal in two fights. Utter madness.

Taking into account that Juan had to go up 2 weights, I don't see how you could be that shocked.

He's never going to be in a gatti-ward style fight but I wouldn't say boring. The guys a technician, and skill-wise he is the best. Baldomir was the only time I would say he was truly boring.

He's like watching paint dry, especially his performances at WW. He was entertaining at super feather and LWW, where he outclassed a b-fighter in Gatti.

But we all like what we like, I'm the blood and guts type fan, so that figures.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:06:07 PM by Skav » Logged

grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »

He's like watching paint dry, especially his performances at WW. He was entertaining at super feather and LWW, where he outclassed a b-fighter in Gatti.

But we all like what we like, I'm the blood and guts type fan, so that figures.

No worries mate, I'll watch any type of boxing me. I'm obsessed. I love the wars, the technicians, the lads I train having their first spar or the olympic finals. As long as their in shape, competing and throwing punches I don't mind.

As for some saturday fight nights and some of the turd they show on KOTV, well thats another story  Grin

justicia...
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »

No worries mate, I'll watch any type of boxing me. I'm obsessed. I love the wars, the technicians, the lads I train having their first spar or the olympic finals. As long as their in shape, competing and throwing punches I don't mind.

As for some saturday fight nights and some of the turd they show on KOTV, well thats another story  Grin
Grizz, I like it all too. Concerning 'calculating the risks', I don't mind seeing a fighter calculate risks in the ring so much. But when we have fighters, promoters and trainers calculating the risks in regards to who they'll fight, it's a problem imo. One nice thing about amateur tournaments like the Olympics and world championships is that the winners keep fighting the winners til there's only one guy left standing, no avoiding anyone.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 01:42:37 AM »

I'll watch Mayweather because he's a talent that anybody would be a fool to miss. I've always said that he's a victim of his own talent because he makes every fight look so damn easy.

King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:18 AM »

Taking into account that Juan had to go up 2 weights, I don't see how you could be that shocked.

the weight is exactly my point; maybe I don't remember properly anymore but I did not have the impression of watching a slowed down Marquez; it's rather that the much bigger Mayweather was too fast for him; he should have kayoed him and that would have been 'fine' (mark the inverted commas); but playing cat and mouse with sb who should have been so much faster ... if you don't like the word 'shocked' or are unable to understand it, perhaps try 'fascinated'; but I love Marquez and have a distaste for Mayweather, so, 'fascinated' was not what I wrote
clearer?
if not, discuss  Grin

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »

the weight is exactly my point; maybe I don't remember properly anymore but I did not have the impression of watching a slowed down Marquez; it's rather that the much bigger Mayweather was too fast for him; he should have kayoed him and that would have been 'fine' (mark the inverted commas); but playing cat and mouse with sb who should have been so much faster ... if you don't like the word 'shocked' or are unable to understand it, perhaps try 'fascinated'; but I love Marquez and have a distaste for Mayweather, so, 'fascinated' was not what I wrote
clearer?
if not, discuss  Grin

I think part of it was to make a point to manny that "I can toy with the guy who beat you twice IMO"
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 02:06:15 PM »

didnt help that mayweather was not even proffessional enough to stick to the agreed weight either.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »

didnt help that mayweather was not even proffessional enough to stick to the agreed weight either.

No, it didn't... but a lot of guys do it and a catchweight is stupid anyway. If Marquez and Floyd wanted to fight it should have just been at 147. I'm sure Juan would be up for the challenge either way.
King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »

I think part of it was to make a point to manny that "I can toy with the guy who beat you twice IMO"

probably

as little as I like Mayweather as much I would like to see him fight and beat Pacquiao

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: