LiveFight
April 21, 2018, 11:23:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judah camp targets Marquez  (Read 9234 times)
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »

probably

as little as I like Mayweather as much I would like to see him fight and beat Pacquiao

Even without Floyd, I would just like to see manny fight someone who boxes and MOVES.... not just stands there... Cotto was doing a good job until he stopped using the jab and Cotto is a great fighter but only a B level boxer at best.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »

King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »

Even without Floyd, I would just like to see manny fight someone who boxes and MOVES.... not just stands there... Cotto was doing a good job until he stopped using the jab and Cotto is a great fighter but only a B level boxer at best.

ouch!

but then, if the likes of Mayweather and Sugar Ray and Arthur Abraham are the A level boxers, then I guess B level is quite realistic for Cotto   Wink

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »

Grizz, I like it all too. Concerning 'calculating the risks', I don't mind seeing a fighter calculate risks in the ring so much. But when we have fighters, promoters and trainers calculating the risks in regards to who they'll fight, it's a problem imo. One nice thing about amateur tournaments like the Olympics and world championships is that the winners keep fighting the winners til there's only one guy left standing, no avoiding anyone.

Spot on brockton, on both counts. If only a world championship format could be initiated in the pro's.

justicia...
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 03:07:50 AM »

ouch!

but then, if the likes of Mayweather and Sugar Ray and Arthur Abraham are the A level boxers, then I guess B level is quite realistic for Cotto   Wink

I think Cotto is an A level fighter overall, but you know you have boxers, fighters, boxer-punchers, pure boxers, brawlers, etc etc. As a boxer Cotto is B level, he has a lot of skill, but yes not the level of those such as Floyd, Sweet Pea, etc do.
King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »

I think Cotto is an A level fighter overall, but you know you have boxers, fighters, boxer-punchers, pure boxers, brawlers, etc etc. As a boxer Cotto is B level, he has a lot of skill, but yes not the level of those such as Floyd, Sweet Pea, etc do.

yeah, agreed. just a bit surprised that neither you nor anybody else picked on me for mentioning Abraham... prob too obvious  Cheesy

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »

Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »

yeah, agreed. just a bit surprised that neither you nor anybody else picked on me for mentioning Abraham... prob too obvious  Cheesy

Abraham isn't quite mobile enough for me to consider a pure boxer... a boxer-puncher I think would suit him better. He lost against Froch for instance because Froch is VERY awkward number 1 and because he himself didn't use his legs more. Great win for Froch though, I admit I thought Abraham would KO him within 6, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw that he won... and won easily actually. It will be interesting to see how Ward does against him since he does move a lot.... Ward btw I do consider a good pure boxer, again, not on the level of Floyd, sweet pea, etc but ONLY because his defense isn't quite there, but he's very close IMO anyway.
cocksuckinknowitall
Executive Member

Prediction fail extraordinaire

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 02:35:49 AM »

I think part of it was to make a point to manny that "I can toy with the guy who beat you twice IMO"
That's strange.  When I check boxrec it's a D and a W for Pacquiao...  Roll Eyes

"I think you will find haye made that face." ~ jimjack
Methodical4u
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 02:58:39 AM »

That's strange.  When I check boxrec it's a D and a W for Pacquiao...  Roll Eyes

that is why I put IMO. Floyd believes that Marquez won twice... we all have our opinions... I think the first fight a draw was fair, but the second should have gone to Marquez.... or at least a draw.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: