LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 08:42:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotto backs off on face-off  (Read 16353 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »

I agree with the notion that Cotto had the worst training Camp for the Pacman fight as his Clueless Trainer had no strategy at all in Camp.
Cotto was calling all the shots in training and he just assumed he would slug it out with Manny and beat him for Size,but he found out how wrong he was.
Once he found out that his size was not a factor and that Manny was cloaking him,he mentally broke down,he went back to his corner demoralized and there was no WISE VOICE in his corner.
So his demise was much more rapid that it should have been.

In a rematch I still favor Manny but Cotto will give a much better account of his capabilities,since he would have prepared much better for it and will actually have a WISE VOICE in his corner to boost his confidence in situations where he might mentally break down.

That's more or less my expectation in the event of a rematch.
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »

westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »

how about getting past all the bullshit catchweights first and fight at his opponents legitimate weight!

i agree catchweights aren't right.. not sure what thats got to do with anything though, cotto wouldnt beat manny at any weight.
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »

i agree catchweights aren't right.. not sure what thats got to do with anything though, cotto wouldnt beat manny at any weight.

you got any evidence to prove this?

you're probably right but the pounds Cotto had to lose to meet the catchweight were more than enough to affect his performance
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

you got any evidence to prove this?

you're probably right but the pounds Cotto had to lose to meet the catchweight were more than enough to affect his performance

you got any evidence to prove that ?
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »

you got any evidence to prove that ?

why you trying to be a smartarse?

i put it because i was genuinely asking you whether or not the comment you made, which in fact was just your opinion, could be proven

did i or did i not say you're probably right?

no need to be cocky with the reply
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »

westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »

why you trying to be a smartarse?

i put it because i was genuinely asking you whether or not the comment you made, which in fact was just your opinion, could be proven

did i or did i not say you're probably right?

no need to be cocky with the reply

bit of a stupid question then isn't it ? with only one answer.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »

Why I you debating about Pacquiao with out? Its impossible, for me Cotto wouldnt beat Pacquiao in a re-match but such ridiculous statements that the weight wouldnt of helped Cotto and hindered Pacquiao are bull
whieldon
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »

sky showing this?
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »

sky showing this?

no unfortunatly no british tv showing it couldnt even get a bet on in corals william hill gave me 12-1 on r4 and 10-1 on r6
shame its not on uk tv
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »

sky showing this?

Grin Grin Grin Grin  Good one.

Team Groves
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

bit of a stupid question then isn't it ? with only one answer.

why's it a stupid question?

have you got any evidence or not on whether Pac would beat Cotto at 147?

i know losing a few pounds out of your comfort zone affects performance because plenty of fighters have gone on record to say that in the past
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »

Cotto weighed in at 146 for the Clottey fight, the one previous to Pacquiao. I dont think the extra pound made any difference to the outcome of the fight whatsoever. Im sure Miguel and his team would stand by that also.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

why's it a stupid question?

have you got any evidence or not on whether Pac would beat Cotto at 147?

i know losing a few pounds out of your comfort zone affects performance because plenty of fighters have gone on record to say that in the past

he weighed 146 for the clottey fight.... i think you and i both no the weight made no difference... but i'm getting bored so lets just say cotto is an animal would destroy everybody from 147 to 154 with his new trainer, and if he hadnt had to shed an extra pound for the pacquiao fight he would have destroyed him to.
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »

he weighed 146 for the clottey fight.... i think you and i both no the weight made no difference... but i'm getting bored so lets just say cotto is an animal would destroy everybody from 147 to 154 with his new trainer, and if he hadnt had to shed an extra pound for the pacquiao fight he would have destroyed him to.

getting bored?  i've only made 2 comments

you're no good for debate!
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »

Cotto weighed in at 146 for the Clottey fight, the one previous to Pacquiao. I dont think the extra pound made any difference to the outcome of the fight whatsoever. Im sure Miguel and his team would stand by that also.

fair enough point, but the question would be did him coming in at 146 affect his performance against Clottey as well? Only Cotto himself would be able to answer this.

I understand everyone wanting to state their own opinions, but on the flipside of the coin let's ask if weight didn't make that much difference, why did roach want the fight at 145 after already stating that Cotto was "not the same since margacheato"?
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: