LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 09:30:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan vs Maidana - the right fight  (Read 9671 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: July 19, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »

Seen an interview with Frank before and they were asking him what next?

We got the usual "I haven't thought about it, let him enjoy it and we'll sit down next week to dicuss the options"

Shouldn't have expected anything else and Khan deserves the chance to not have to answer those questions but I would have loved Frank to say that he will be keeping the belt and will defend it in his next fight.

I would like to see Khan face Hatton just not next, I hope he does the right and honourable thing and defends his belt against Maidana. He won a lot of people over last night both for his performance and the fact he was pretty humble post fight giving credit to Freddie and Alex Arizo

If Amir is clever enough and doesn't get involved in a tear up, he has every chance of beating Maidana cos despite 25 KO's in 26 fights, he is very raw and crude and Khan jabbing, using angles and lateral movement would win a wide UD I believe.

I hope they don't point to the fact that they're not fighting someone who Kotelnik has already beat or use any excuse. He won the belt fair and square and he should be man enough to take on anyone trying to take it off him, especially the Interim champ.

They're obviously aware of the fight cos Freddie and Amir were sat ringside at the Ortiz-Maidana fight, suppose it all depends on how Freddie read it.

Is it a fight you want to see? How do you see it going?
LiveFight
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »

elleafos

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »

He's had enough stick, and deserves a lot of praise for beating a solid operator, this talk of meeting Erik Morales though i hope is just talk as it would do him no favours whatsoever in the popularity stakes, he'd get more credit for fighting Prescott next, but unfortunately he lost on Friday so i can't see it happening, personally i think at the present time he'd murder Ricky Hatton, Hatton's finished, time to hang up the gloves for him, but if Hatton wants it, Amir should take that one.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:03:56 PM »

And Maidana?  Cheesy
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »

Frank would possibly let Khan in with Amir for the money. Afterall Khan's young and can rebuild if he loses and Ricky would be retiring. If Khan looses then he's set up isn't he.
Maidana? No chance. People don't know who he is. The armchair fans don't know him. Big puncher, has no title(interim  :Smiley ) and is not worth the money. They couldn't even fill a stadium for the real WBA titleholder. It would be Rees or a fat Morales next if Frank and Freddie get their way. 
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

Frank would possibly let Khan in with Amir for the money. Afterall Khan's young and can rebuild if he loses and Ricky would be retiring. If Khan looses then he's set up isn't he.
Maidana? No chance. People don't know who he is. The armchair fans don't know him. Big puncher, has no title(interim  :Smiley ) and is not worth the money. They couldn't even fill a stadium for the real WBA titleholder. It would be Rees or a fat Morales next if Frank and Freddie get their way. 

Khan Vs Amir

Nice

Grin

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

ptchapp
V.I.P

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

He's had enough stick, and deserves a lot of praise for beating a solid operator, this talk of meeting Erik Morales though i hope is just talk as it would do him no favours whatsoever in the popularity stakes, he'd get more credit for fighting Prescott next, but unfortunately he lost on Friday so i can't see it happening, personally i think at the present time he'd murder Ricky Hatton, Hatton's finished, time to hang up the gloves for him, but if Hatton wants it, Amir should take that one.
Khan murder Ricky Hatton  Shocked Are you for real mate? He is not even in the same league as Ricky Hatton! Ok he did well last night against probably the weakest world champion there is (was) at the moment but to suggest he would murder Ricky Hatton is totally outrageous imo  Shocked
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »

surely if Witter wins the WBC a stadium fight in the UK may be a goer enough people know WITTER and KHAN is now champion poor ticket sales could for last night could have been down to the fight being moved and holiday season. I think Khan witter would easily sell out the MEN.

Khan still has no rep stateside so a big uk domestic fight is what's needed that could be picked up in the USA. Witter has enough of a name to be sellable stateside and a big enough name for a large UK sell.

the fact kotelnik took Witter the distance and as did Khan make witter surely an option.

A Slice of Life
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »

Khan Vs Amir

Nice

Grin
Subconscious wishful thinking? The pressers would be awesome Grin

If Frank could get away with a night of shadow boxing on PPV you know he would.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »

surely if Witter wins the WBC a stadium fight in the UK may be a goer enough people know WITTER and KHAN is now champion poor ticket sales could for last night could have been down to the fight being moved and holiday season. I think Khan witter would easily sell out the MEN.

Khan still has no rep stateside so a big uk domestic fight is what's needed that could be picked up in the USA. Witter has enough of a name to be sellable stateside and a big enough name for a large UK sell.

the fact kotelnik took Witter the distance and as did Khan make witter surely an option.
He not a big name in the US. Escpecially after the Judah and Bradley fights. He's never sold big in the UK.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »

So everyone is assuming they'll avoid Maidana then?

I'll be pissed if he takes a fight against someone like Eric Morales instead of fighting his mandatory, surely to think of himself as a proper World Champion he will want to defend the belt?

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »

I was going to start a new thread on this but may as well say it here.

Dont know if anyone heard Khan on Talksport today? Great interview, wasnt his usual gobbyself. Was quite humble really. Spoke highly of Ricky, said he'd been in his corner after the loss to Prescott. Said he would leave it down to the promoters to get him the best fight to further his career. Which if left to W***** could be an easy fight..

When asked what his dream fight is he said PBF at which point i almost parked the car and burst into laughter but then he went on to say he wasnt ready for him yet but maybe in 2,3,4,or five fights time, 18months/2yrs down the line. It wasnt the Khan of old which i as have many others have slated him for.

Looking forward to seeing who he gets matched up with. Oh & elleafos i'm as big a Hatton fan as anybody but if Khan carrys on improving then i would not bet against him beating him.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

So everyone is assuming they'll avoid Maidana then?

I'll be pissed if he takes a fight against someone like Eric Morales instead of fighting his mandatory, surely to think of himself as a proper World Champion he will want to defend the belt?

I don't think Khan would actually duck him but I think Frank and Freddie will steer him in a different direction for his own sake and hence their sake as a source of profit.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 06:29:40 PM »

He not a big name in the US. Escpecially after the Judah and Bradley fights. He's never sold big in the UK.

I said its a sellable fight. If Witter re-takes the WBC strap then his history in the weight division and record makes him sellable as does Khan to a certain degree.  It won't happen but why after last night would Khan not fancy out jabbing witter all night ?

A Slice of Life
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »

I said its a sellable fight. If Witter re-takes the WBC strap then his history in the weight division and record makes him sellable as does Khan to a certain degree.  It won't happen but why after last night would Khan not fancy out jabbing witter all night ?
Khan would probably fancy it and he would be winning the fight on workrate. Frank wouldn't let it happen due to JW's power though.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »

Khan would probably fancy it and he would be winning the fight on workrate. Frank wouldn't let it happen due to JW's power though.

perhaps and will more than likely look to fight Morlaes to build Khan's name more however witter in the UK might be the better fight for Khan. IF and it's a big if Witter has the WBC belt then it would be for WBA WBC belts then that's a big fight and a big sell for either man more than likely with good promotion it could do a good 30-40,000 tickets.

Deck is it a fight you'd like to see ?

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: