LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 06:31:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan vs Maidana - the right fight  (Read 9674 times)
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »

Subconscious wishful thinking? The pressers would be awesome Grin

If Frank could get away with a night of shadow boxing on PPV you know he would.

Genius, Deck. Are you working for W***** and putting the thought in our unsuspecting heads?

You can't get the Klitschko brothers to fight but Amir's 1st defence will be against his brother Haroon (Is that his name or a crazy guess?)

Delivered on pay per view by Frank W*****. Matchmaker deck. Grin

NB. Post 1000 - I Thank You. Cheesy

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »

SeaLegs

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

I'm not so sure Khan will dodge the mandatory. Hes got a world title and will want to keep it, as will W***** with his stable now being short of world champions and its always easier to sell a clash to the general public if theres a genuine title on the line.

Though Maidana can bang his crudeness and openess will probably be enough to give Khan the belief that this is a fight he could win. Could see Khan boxing rings around him so long as he keeps on his toes like he did last night.

Lets just hope Khan gets some challenges like this - sometimes that Haye-like air of vulnerability should he get caught adds to the excitement.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »

perhaps and will more than likely look to fight Morlaes to build Khan's name more however witter in the UK might be the better fight for Khan. IF and it's a big if Witter has the WBC belt then it would be for WBA WBC belts then that's a big fight and a big sell for either man more than likely with good promotion it could do a good 30-40,000 tickets.

Deck is it a fight you'd like to see ?
I'm not a 100% sure how the Barrera fight did but I would say it sold more than the Kotelnik fight. There are a lot, an awful lot, of people who would pay to see Morales fight even if it is sadly a very washed up version. And it's one Frank would favour. That is what count unfortunately when it comes to matchmaking.
I think a Khan -v- Witter fight would be good and interesting. It would ask questions of both men. I just have a feeling it wouldn't sell much. Certainly not a stadium.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »

Genius, Deck. Are you working for W***** and putting the thought in our unsuspecting heads?

You can't get the Klitschko brothers to fight but Amir's 1st defence will be against his brother Haroon (Is that his name or a crazy guess?)

1000th post already bloody hell  Grin
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »

If only. You'd see some decent fights then!  Cool
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »

1000th post already bloody hell  Grin

I cheated abit as I post all the download links. If they were 1000 posts purely about boxing - I'd get found out. Grin

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

I'm confident that Khan will face someone like Salita who was ranked 1 by the WBA in April.

Salita has a near identical record to Kotelnik except he's unbeaten and he is even from the Ukraine.

W***** won't let him anywhere near Maidana.

There are some solid names in the LW division though. You got Nate Campbell, Ortiz, Pacquiao and Hollt and all those names are ranked by the WBA.

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »

Good posts all through this topic, i cant see Khan facing Maidana on the exact basis that someone earlier on wished would not happen, "Amir beat Kotelnik who beat Maidana" that is exactly what i expect of W*****.
Maybe a fight with Ortiz yes although he is coming of a loss would maybe not that bad a option, Ortiz will be low on confidence and Khan could easily take his heart out of it with them fast bursts he was throwing last night.
Personally i dont see any Khan fight (bar Hatton) selling huge numbers in the near future so i dont think that they should really make that there priority, he is 22 still learning and trying to build his career so everything is on his side.
Khan vs Witter would be a interesting fight which is something i never thought i would say about Witter, its a fight as i think Deck said that Khan could win on workrate but he could not be as aggressive as i do feel Witter would not sit back and just take the punches as Kotelnik seemed to do.
As much as its interesting who Khan calls out now i will find it very interesting to see who calls him out seeing as there is now something to gain by beating him.

Team Groves
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 03:54:25 AM »

I feel W***** will keep an eye on the Mayweather vs JMM fight.
If Marquez loses badly,he will say that the weight was too much for Marquez so a fight with Khan at 140 will be ideal.
I feel that is the next Big name opponent W***** wants,as long as Marquez is shot in the Mayweather fight.
But If the fight is close then W***** will likely call out Morales for another Payday and claim a second HOF scalp to Amir's record.
This is what FRANK W***** does best.

Southern Storm
elleafos

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 05:42:20 PM »

And Maidana?  Cheesy
I think he'll ko maidana mate, he's already beaten Ortiz at amateur, anyway Roach don't want him, it'll be a washed up Hatton or Morales next i reckon.
elleafos

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »

Khan murder Ricky Hatton  Shocked Are you for real mate? He is not even in the same league as Ricky Hatton! Ok he did well last night against probably the weakest world champion there is (was) at the moment but to suggest he would murder Ricky Hatton is totally outrageous imo  Shocked
Ricky Hatton's punch resistance has gone, he doesn't move his head, has no tactics whatsoever, and doesn't stay fit between fights, he's getting on now, Khan is young fast, fit, and is trained by the trainer of the last guy to spark out Ricky Hatton, end of story. I think the facts are there, it's hardly me being some kind of fantasist.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »

I feel W***** will keep an eye on the Mayweather vs JMM fight.
If Marquez loses badly,he will say that the weight was too much for Marquez so a fight with Khan at 140 will be ideal.
I feel that is the next Big name opponent W***** wants,as long as Marquez is shot in the Mayweather fight.
But If the fight is close then W***** will likely call out Morales for another Payday and claim a second HOF scalp to Amir's record.
This is what FRANK W***** does best.

Marquez would stop Khan for me. He is the ultimate Counter Puncher, if Manny struggled with him, Khan wouldn't stand a chance
luckyphil

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »

There is no way they will put Khan in with a big puncher next. They will milk the cash cow dry with a couple of easy defences before possibly moving him back to Lightweight.
boxing4eva

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 09:44:31 PM »

I wonder how much say Sky have in the opponent. I hope they apply some pressure to ensure we get some good fights
honest_jim

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 09:51:26 PM »

I would not want to see Kahn Hatton.

No outcome would please me at all.

W***** will find a way to give Amir the easiest possible defence.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: