LiveFight
December 12, 2017, 11:47:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan vs Maidana - the right fight  (Read 10183 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 04:36:36 AM »

I wonder how much say Sky have in the opponent. I hope they apply some pressure to ensure we get some good fights

Undecided Sky would want him in a Low Risk fight to keep him on PPV generating the dollar.

They want a Khan W and that's all that matters
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 04:36:36 AM »

ptchapp
V.I.P

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 06:23:59 AM »

Ricky Hatton's punch resistance has gone, he doesn't move his head, has no tactics whatsoever, and doesn't stay fit between fights, he's getting on now, Khan is young fast, fit, and is trained by the trainer of the last guy to spark out Ricky Hatton, end of story. I think the facts are there, it's hardly me being some kind of fantasist.
And those facts are?Huh?? Surely not Ricky being beat of the 2 best p4p fighters in the world and Khan only ever beating bums, a washed up MAB and a weak world champion? Not to forget the fact that Khan was banged out far quicker than Hatton by none other than the great Breidis Prescott. Itís funny how none of Hattonís so called faults were brought up (by you) after he blew Malignaggi away. I agree Ricky probably isnít as good as he used to be but I think a lot of it its down to a lack of hunger and heart rather than a lack of ability. However one thing is for sure, if he were to fight again at anywhere near his best he would blow Khan away in no time at all. Now thatís a fact mate!
boxing4eva

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »

Undecided Sky would want him in a Low Risk fight to keep him on PPV generating the dollar.

They want a Khan W and that's all that matters

Ahh I guess they would probably look at at it like that. I had assumed it was the other way around, where they try and get as good a fight as possible so that more people subscribe. Tho I suppose a lot do just because it's Amir Khan
topblood

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »

And those facts are?Huh?? Surely not Ricky being beat of the 2 best p4p fighters in the world and Khan only ever beating bums, a washed up MAB and a weak world champion? Not to forget the fact that Khan was banged out far quicker than Hatton by none other than the great Breidis Prescott. Itís funny how none of Hattonís so called faults were brought up (by you) after he blew Malignaggi away. I agree Ricky probably isnít as good as he used to be but I think a lot of it its down to a lack of hunger and heart rather than a lack of ability. However one thing is for sure, if he were to fight again at anywhere near his best he would blow Khan away in no time at all. Now thatís a fact mate!

no offence but Malignaggi is kinda weak and was fighting badly against Hatton.
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »

!

Jul
2009 Khan-Maidana in October?

By Lee Bates

A source out of Argentina is stating that a bout between newly crowned WBA super lightweight champion Amir Khan (21-1, 15 KOs) and WBA interim super light weight champion Marcos Maidana (26-1, 25 KOs) could be in the works for October in England. Both fighters are coming off of career best wins. Khan won the WBA super lightweight title by unanimous decision over Adreas Kotelnik last weekend while Maidana won his interim title by impressively stopping Victor Ortiz in 5 rounds last month.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=18385

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »

Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 11:42:24 AM »

Subconscious wishful thinking? The pressers would be awesome Grin

If Frank could get away with a night of shadow boxing on PPV you know he would.

Quality. And True
Floydman
V.I.P

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 07:30:09 PM »

i'd like to see khan fight alex arthur.

V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »

!

Jul
2009 Khan-Maidana in October?

By Lee Bates

A source out of Argentina is stating that a bout between newly crowned WBA super lightweight champion Amir Khan (21-1, 15 KOs) and WBA interim super light weight champion Marcos Maidana (26-1, 25 KOs) could be in the works for October in England. Both fighters are coming off of career best wins. Khan won the WBA super lightweight title by unanimous decision over Adreas Kotelnik last weekend while Maidana won his interim title by impressively stopping Victor Ortiz in 5 rounds last month.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=18385

IQ mate, fingers crossed it comes off
Heathen
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »

i'd like to see khan fight alex arthur.

...and hopefully retire him.  I really don't understand the whole hype thing around Alex Arthur - he's an extremely limited fighter IMO and has been given far too many chances already.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: