LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 11:38:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pacquiao-Cotto tickets!  (Read 61362 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: July 22, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »

www.fightnews.com

Pacquiao-Cotto tickets!

By Nick Giongco

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum told Fightnews and Manila Bulletin that tickets for the Nov. 14 bout between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto will be priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300 and $150 and that it will go on sale beginning next month. The 12-round welterweight war will be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas with Pacquiao already installed a 2-1 favorite over the shaven-skulled bomber from Caguas, Puerto Rico.
LiveFight
« on: July 22, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »

Cheers Dec, what do people think the demand for tickets will be like for this one?

Team Groves
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »

Quite high I think. There are quite a number of Filipino and Puerto Ricans in the US. Also Cotto has been fighting in the US for years. Hopefully some of his faithful that go to MSG will make the trip. Manny has celeb status now in the US especially in LA. Not to mention those that will travel from their home nations and fans from neutral countries. Yes the prices are high but it's a great match up and they only need 20k fans or so to fill the place. I think they'll do it easily. 
fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:11 PM »

Quite high I think. There are quite a number of Filipino and Puerto Ricans in the US. Also Cotto has been fighting in the US for years. Hopefully some of his faithful that go to MSG will make the trip. Manny has celeb status now in the US especially in LA. Not to mention those that will travel from their home nations and fans from neutral countries. Yes the prices are high but it's a great match up and they only need 20k fans or so to fill the place. I think they'll do it easily. 

well said Deck, Cotto has never failed to bring in the crowds to hig fights as far as I can remember. He always gives the fans their money's worth.  Smiley

Rtr
V.I.P

Cotto

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

Was well up for going to this but engine went on my van last week so look's like ppv for me  Cry

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »

I'm almost a certainty for this fight. Whats the general concensous on what sales will be like? Should we be panicking and buying early or will it be like Floyd vs JMM and slowly end up as a sellout?
DiscoPants

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »

I'm almost a certainty for this fight. Whats the general concensous on what sales will be like? Should we be panicking and buying early or will it be like Floyd vs JMM and slowly end up as a sellout?

I think there will be a surge in sales when they go on sale with the $150 and $300 tickets selling out then the others will slowly be sold and i think it will end up selling out depending on the what they scale the Arena too, 12,000, 14,000 or 16,200!!!!

jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

Would love to go to this but dont think i can afford it, if it was Ricky i would be going no question its just i dont feel getting in debt having just clawed back my finances from the Manny-Hatton fight.

I do think its great a lot of you guys seem to be going but feel for you all on the prices going up again for flights, hotels etc

Its a bloody liberty these travel companys hiking up the prices, i could see the Hatton money machine for them being a good earner but to hit fans over here every time a good fight is on from fighters not even British and seemingly keeping an eye on when they are to bump the prices up is a p*ss take.
mo

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »

The cheap tickets will sell quickly as people want to buy them and also alot of people buy to sell them on espacially companies that sell holidays etc.
the top seats will sell out late on espacially with top celebrities and rich people also there alot of rich fans that can afford it that does not include me sadly lol

Manny shud win as he punches alot and is fast cotto will get tired and fight on his backfoot later on like he did wiv clotty and margarito and that is a big advantage for manny throwing quick punches and moving making cotto work hard as he has problems wiv stamina

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »

The prices are not to bad at all on expedia in my opinion.

Team Groves
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »

The prices are not to bad at all on expedia in my opinion.
I was looking at 5 nights in the Excalibut for abt 430 which i don't think is too bad. If I can convince one of my mates to go as well
PocketRocket

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

www.fightnews.com

Pacquiao-Cotto tickets!

By Nick Giongco

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum told Fightnews and Manila Bulletin that tickets for the Nov. 14 bout between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto will be priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300 and $150 and that it will go on sale beginning next month. The 12-round welterweight war will be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas with Pacquiao already installed a 2-1 favorite over the shaven-skulled bomber from Caguas, Puerto Rico.

2/1 is a great price for this if that's correct!!! I'd be surprised though  Shocked
IrishPaddy
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »

Tickets are priced as I expected,and priced the same as PBF-JMM. We will be very lucky to get the $150, they will be snapped up straight away. So most will have to settle for $300. And the $300 will also sell very fast. The arena will be set up to hold just over 16000. Off the top of my head, I think Cotto has done over 20,000 for Judah, over 19,000 for Mosley and over 17,000 for Clottey. But theres always alot of cheap tickets available at MSG.
Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »

Khan fancies a spot on the bill, so there may be more English demand than anticipated...

http://www.spamsideboxing.com/news.php?p=20544&more=1

Amir Khan To Spar With Manny Pacquiao Ahead Of Cotto Fight, May Appear On Same Card
by James Slater - After his fine victory over Andreas Kotelnik on Saturday, new WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan gave pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao a fair amount of credit for his win. Not only had the 22-year-old sparred with "Pac-Man" ahead of his big fight, Khan was also given much encouragement by the Filipino legend. Now, wanting to make a first defence of his newly acquired world title, Khan may appear on the same card as Pacquiao when Manny fights Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on November 14th. Khan will definitely be sparring with Pacquiao once again, as the southpaw dynamo gets ready for a tough night's work against the Puerto Rican favourite..

In speaking to The Bolton News, trainer of both men Freddie Roach spoke about how he only allows Pacquiao and Khan to spar together for a few rounds.

"[Manny and Amir] will be in there together as it is ideal preparation," Roach said. "They are both so fast it can be a real blur at times. But I only let them go at each other for four rounds. It is intense in there from the start and four rounds is enough."

Khan has always wanted to fight in America, and he very much hopes to make his debut there on the huge Pacquiao-Cotto bill in Vegas. First, though, Freddie has to pick an opponent for his newest world champion. Khan himself says he will fight whoever Frank W***** puts in front of him, but Roach has spoken about a couple of possible challengers.

"[Marcos Rene Maidana] has just beaten [Victor] Ortiz for free. Those two have just fought for little money," Roach said. "I would love that fight but not right now. Why not build that fight up? There are some big names out there. My job is to get him ready for fights and I'm not afraid of anybody out there."

According to the Bolton News article, Juan Manuel Marquez's name is also being "bandied" about as a possible opponent for Khan. However, unbeaten Dmitriy Salita is Khan's official WBA mandatory challenger, and within a maximum of nine months the Ukrainian must be accommodated. Could it be this fight that is made as part of the massively exciting Pacquiao-Cotto card?

Either way, and whoever Khan fights next he will be getting the best possible sparring with Pacquiao and the best possible training under Roach. Indeed, the 22-year-old is hoping he can go from strength to strength. Khan's US debut should attract a good deal of attention.

DiscoPants

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »

I read somewhere they were trying to get Erik Morales in with Khan on the undercard!!

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: