LiveFight
June 19, 2018, 02:18:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who is buying the Khan v Judah PPV ?
Yes
No
Watch it online by other means

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is buying the Khan v Judah PPV ?  (Read 7735 times)
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

Aparently Zab wont talk to any of the UK media as he isnt getting any money from the UK PPV, so doesnt feel there is any need to promote it over here!!

brilliant stuff from zab, hes dead right if hes not getting a cut
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

gileo

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 06:20:31 PM »

brilliant stuff from zab, hes dead right if hes not getting a cut

Doesn't help anyone though. It's not Primetime's fault (or any other media outlet) that his agent didn't do a decent deal (Khan made a big play of saying he'd offered Bradly 50/50 on TV revenue)

To casual fight fans, the lack of promotion hurts everyone.

To answer the original question, if I had Sky I would buy it (Primetime, sort it out! - Go on Top Up TV or something) as it's a genuine unification fight and Judah is a good test. I'd go so far as to say win this and he'll never fight at 140lbs again, Bradley doesn't deserve a shot if he's pulled out for no reason.

Not a huge Khan fan but it's clear he's not winning public appeal in the UK and American fight fans aren't buying up loads of tickets so he's between a rock and a hard place.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »

Doesn't help anyone though. It's not Primetime's fault (or any other media outlet) that his agent didn't do a decent deal (Khan made a big play of saying he'd offered Bradly 50/50 on TV revenue)

To casual fight fans, the lack of promotion hurts everyone.

To answer the original question, if I had Sky I would buy it (Primetime, sort it out! - Go on Top Up TV or something) as it's a genuine unification fight and Judah is a good test. I'd go so far as to say win this and he'll never fight at 140lbs again, Bradley doesn't deserve a shot if he's pulled out for no reason.

Not a huge Khan fan but it's clear he's not winning public appeal in the UK and American fight fans aren't buying up loads of tickets so he's between a rock and a hard place.

why should zab sit there and talk to the media for hrs and hrs in the run up to this fight if hes not getting a penny out of the takings from it...think about it logically. team khan effectively want him to promote the fight for the uk public to buy it so amir can bag all the money.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »

It's a no brainer divide you're time with the american press from were you're being paid or give them less time and spend it with the British press were Amir is being paid hmm let me think about that ............

On a slightly different matter what UK PPV money there has hardly been a promotion in the UK for the fight the sun hasn't run much and most of the daily's haven't bothered so I would expect mass sales of this fight maybe 30k buys.

A Slice of Life
DiscoPants

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

Just been on ticketmaster to check just how many tickets are left for this event to see how well it's sold.

You can still even now pick up all types of tickets from the $50 upwards ones... Can't help but think there wont be any more than 5,000 for this one?

I think Goldenboy saw how many fans Ricky took to America and thought wow...sign up Khan and we will be quids in here...........well the numbers are telling the true storey!!! 6,600 at the Maindana fight and im guessing the attendance will be similar on saturday night at The 12,000 seat Mandalay Bay Events Center and its Holiday season aswell!!!!!

LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »

Im working overtime Saturday night,  if I can get a connection I will buy it.

Weather you like the guy or not, I'm  always on the edge of my seat for Khans fights, as you know it would only take a punch to completely even things out.   

I generally think this is a 55/45 fight in Khans favour.  Judah has a punch to hurt Khan and if he catches him, he will do a better job finishing it than Maidana
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: