LiveFight
May 25, 2018, 08:53:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Argenis Mendez Update  (Read 420 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/argenis-mendez-update-2-90645#more-90645

Argenis Mendez Update

From Team Mendez
Photo: Craig Gibson

After months of waiting and multiple proposed opponents, Argenis Mendez (18-1-0) will get to contest the world title he so desperately craves. Dominican fighter Mendez will meet Juan Carlos Salgado (23-1-1) over 12 rounds for the vacant IBF super featherweight title in Mexico on the 20th of August. In what has been a frustrating time for Mendez he is currently finishing up his training camp in Manchester, England with his coach Lee Beard before they set out for America on Friday. Mendez and Beard will put the finishing touches to the training camp in the States and then head out to Mexico for the fight.

Speaking earlier Mendez stated “I am 100% ready for this fight, I have made a lot of sacrifices leaving my friends and family back in New York to train here in the UK with Lee, I have dreamt of a world title since I was young and I will not let this opportunity pass me by. On August 20th the Dominican Republic will have a new world champion of that I am sure.”

Adding to his fighters word Beard had the following to say.

“Argenis is a wonderful talent and one of boxings nice guys, he has put the work in and looked sensational in training. He has had to do it the hard way by fighting Baloyi in South Africa in his last fight and now fighting a talented Mexican in Mexico but I am convinced that he is the best Super featherweight in the world right now, it is just up to him to go out and prove it.”
LiveFight
« on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: