LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 12:52:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook-Jackiewicz title eliminator  (Read 3116 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/brook-jackiewicz-title-eliminator-92005

Brook-Jackiewicz title eliminator

Welterweight Kell Brook will defend his WBA Inter-Continental title against Rafal Jackiewicz in a world title eliminator on October 8 at the Ponds Forge International Sports Centre in Sheffield, England. The unbeaten Brook claimed the belt against Lovemore N’dou in his last outing in the Steel City in June as he took his professional winning streak to 24 fights and will move a step closer to his dream world title shot with a win over the 34-year-old Pole.

Former European champion Jackiewicz, who is rated #5 with the IBF and #10 with the WBO, has lost just one of his last 24 fights and has never been stopped in his 48-fight career. Jackiewicz successfully defended his European strap twice, including a victory over Jan Zaveck, who he then challenged for the IBF title, losing a majority decision.

“I can’t wait to fight in Sheffield again,” said Brook. “The atmosphere at the Lovemore N’dou fight was incredible and I’m sure it’s going to be even better at Ponds Forge. Jackiewicz is a tough opponent who has held the European belt and challenged for a World Title so he will provide a great test for me.”

“I’m delighted to bring Kell back to Sheffield again on October 8, especially after the special atmosphere that the fans created at his last fight,” said Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn. “Rafal provides the next step up in terms of tests for Kell and with both fighters knowing they are on the verge of a World title shot, a slip up here can destroy any dreams so you can expect an explosive fight. Kell is on the threshold of a world title shot and victory against Jackiewicz could set up an early 2012 shot with WBA champion Vyacheslav Senchenko. I’ve also had discussions with Lou DiBella about the prospect of meeting Andre Berto should he capture the IBF title against Jan Zaveck in September and with Rafal’s number five IBF rating, this is a real possibility.”
LiveFight
« on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:05 PM »

I don't think that venue can hold more than 2,000 people at most. Brook isn't the most popular fighter is he? I don't know if it's his style, poor promotion, poor oppostion  or the fact he doesn't fight regularly enough.
johnymac
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »

when you think about it most top fights around the world are lucky to get 4k paid fans for a fight these days , so brook may not even do 2k . Even W***** has gone down the route of throwing lots of decent fights/future prospects on one card to sell them rather than hoping the main event will sell itself. Also the arena being small dosent inspire confidence for the undercard does it.

His oppenent has a win over zaveck ive just seen and has never been stopped but being slovenia no casual is gonna garner interest in him or his 9 losses. Probably a good fight for but not gonna enhance brooks notority

I don't think that venue can hold more than 2,000 people at most. Brook isn't the most popular fighter is he? I don't know if it's his style, poor promotion, poor oppostion  or the fact he doesn't fight regularly enough.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »

when you think about it most top fights around the world are lucky to get 4k paid fans for a fight these days , so brook may not even do 2k . Even W***** has gone down the route of throwing lots of decent fights/future prospects on one card to sell them rather than hoping the main event will sell itself. Also the arena being small dosent inspire confidence for the undercard does it.

His oppenent has a win over zaveck ive just seen and has never been stopped but being slovenia no casual is gonna garner interest in him or his 9 losses. Probably a good fight for but not gonna enhance brooks notority

He's had a safe route to a title. N'Dou is decent but he's pushing on and has never beaten a world class fighter and Jackiewicz is much the same.

I think Brook is with Matchroom now isn't he?
johnymac
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »

Yeah so no barker or likely mcloskey , gavin rees it is.

He's had a safe route to a title. N'Dou is decent but he's pushing on and has never beaten a world class fighter and Jackiewicz is much the same.

I think Brook is with Matchroom now isn't he?
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »

Yeah so no barker or likely mcloskey , gavin rees it is.

Brook is a welter.

Barker is middleweight and McCloskey is light welter.
johnymac
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

Cheesy Meant on the bill deck not to take on. There both matchroom too

Brook is a welter.

Barker is middleweight and McCloskey is light welter.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »

Cheesy Meant on the bill deck not to take on. There both matchroom too

haha Sorry! Grin
johnymac
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »

No worries , just wont ever reply to one of your threads again Wink

haha Sorry! Grin
Gaz Calzaghe
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

Good news for Brook, 24, needs to make a move now !!! I rate him highly.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »

Glad he's out again so soon - and at home.

It's heading in the right direction.
Gaz Calzaghe
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

Glad he's out again so soon - and at home.

It's heading in the right direction.

Yeah matchroom, I'm impressed with them up too now !
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »

I have a lot of time for Brook. Decent lad and a very good boxer. Has a funny swagger to him too. Makes me laugh.

Him and Khan would be a huge fight if Kell keeps things moving forward and Khan wouldnt have it all his way. Remember he'll be up another 7 pounds and his power is questionable at 140 already. Would good Welters just break him down, similar to Maidana but more effectively and skillfully?

It'll be interesting.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »

I have a lot of time for Brook. Decent lad and a very good boxer. Has a funny swagger to him too. Makes me laugh.

Him and Khan would be a huge fight if Kell keeps things moving forward and Khan wouldnt have it all his way. Remember he'll be up another 7 pounds and his power is questionable at 140 already. Would good Welters just break him down, similar to Maidana but more effectively and skillfully?

It'll be interesting.

It'll be interesting to see if his chin would go up another notch at 147lbs too.

I think, similar to Mayweather, Khan would use speed and movement to beat the Welters. He's very fast and that will be magnified against the slower lads 7lbs up. He'll cut them to bits if they try to stalk him down. He is a very good fighter. If he keeps his chin dry he will beat any of the welterweights out there bar the top two.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »

It'll be interesting.

I'd be concerned about his lack of power and physical strength at welter.
He would beat the euro level fighters with his speed, but the more savvy fighters who can get to him would have him in trouble imo.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: