LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 04:11:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook-Jackiewicz title eliminator  (Read 3118 times)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

It'll be interesting to see if his chin would go up another notch at 147lbs too.

I think, similar to Mayweather, Khan would use speed and movement to beat the Welters. He's very fast and that will be magnified against the slower lads 7lbs up. He'll cut them to bits if they try to stalk him down. He is a very good fighter. If he keeps his chin dry he will beat any of the welterweights out there bar the top two.

I ament sure Welterweights are as slow as you make out? I think you can be as fast as you want to be too and still be ineffective unless you can hurt your opponents. Not sure if Khan has the power really. Him and Berto would be a very very good fight at Welter I think.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »

I have a lot of time for Brook. Decent lad and a very good boxer. Has a funny swagger to him too. Makes me laugh.

Him and Khan would be a huge fight if Kell keeps things moving forward and Khan wouldnt have it all his way. Remember he'll be up another 7 pounds and his power is questionable at 140 already. Would good Welters just break him down, similar to Maidana but more effectively and skillfully?

It'll be interesting.

Genuine question do you reckon it would be a huge fight? I was thinking the other week it would be quite a big domestic fight but speaking to casual fans most don't have a clue who Brook is/or know the name but very little else. I guess the fight would sell well anyway due to Khan - hes got his fans and plenty of haters who would turn up/watch it on tv. Was surprised with Brooks fight a few months back as thought he would be fighting at bigger venues. I like what I've seen of Brook just thought he'd be drawing bigger support by now 
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »

Talent aside Brooks is unknown. There are much less talented but more popular or better marketed British fighters out there. The average man on the street doesn't know who he is.

That's got to change and quickly.  At the moment he's got nothing Khan wants or needs.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: