LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 03:17:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round by Round: John Murray vs Scott Murray *Spoilers*  (Read 8416 times)
the_budweiser

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »

terrible stoppage, murrays punches werent hurting him much all night

uk refs are a disgrace
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

True slightly early. I suppose Lawton can only blame himself cos he just wasn't throwing back and did seem to sink abit after one of the bodyshots.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Huddersfieldterrier
V.I.P

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

well done jon he went for it and got it!

only the shagpile has beaten him so far and still number 1 leightweight in this country, gutted i couldnt be there tonight to support him.

now let him get it on with thaxton hopefully in wigan or manchester
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 09:08:41 PM »

Might not have been hurting him, although i personally think a lot were, but Lawton was not throwing anything back at all, and was just taking an absolute beating, he never really recovered from teh 1st round in my oppinion.

Thaxton wont take on Murray, Murrays too strong
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »

Good performance by Murray - won every round and forced the action.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »

Leve Lad
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »

Thought the ref could have let it go a few more rounds. That said if he thought Lawton had no chance of getting a result why prolong the beating ?

I could not really see anything which made me think Lawton could win so probably the right decision  Smiley

Despite being a fellow Levenshulmian I see a lot of faults with John. He gets hit far to easly for my liking and although its proven to be very effective so far his style is very one dimensional. He will struggle when he moves up because the wiser oppenents will soon have his number. All the great boxers can adapt but I fear John cant  Undecided

"I'm not saying I have any pearls of wisdom, but I have a few questions to ask."  Jim Kerr
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 09:16:13 PM »

I echo Mick Hennessey statement, Murray is world class in my oppinion, i understand your reservations Leve, but i think so far Murray hasnt reallly had to adapt, i think he can adapt (he will never be a slick counter puncher dont get me wrong) but the bigger fights, will force him in to adjustments hes got a good trainer and hopefully he can get these big fights
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »

How good is this steve barnes jnr on the telly?

He seems to mean business, and the way hes hyped up he sounds like he may be the part. Anyone no anything about him?
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »

This Steve Barnes kid is getting a big build-up. Part of the Ingle camp.

the_budweiser

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 09:39:46 PM »

I echo Mick Hennessey statement, Murray is world class in my oppinion

i think khan beats murray, and i dont think khans world class. was only a year ago he lost v al hamidi (even though he got the poor decision) murrays not impressed me recently athough tonight he did tonight, hes got along way to go to be world class
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

I think when you are on the top level of domestic, but not quite in the world class league, you seem to go a bit stale, you're career seems to stall a little bit and i think it did with John. Personally i disagree i think Murray is potentially world class, he isnt on a consistent basis yet, but i think he will be.  But in his last three fights i have nothing but impressed, hes done what he had to, and done it easily, so he might not have impressed yourself, but hes impressed a lot of people in his attitude and dominance in his last three fights, maybe the calibre of opponents could be scrutinized, but bar thaxton and a few of the youngsters they were probably the best fighters out there.

Amir you are right is not elite class, but he probably squeezes in the world class level if he beat kotelnik which he probably will be.  On Hamidi at the time i remember thinking it was a draw myself, but everyone gets a gift once in a while, and i think at that point in Murrays career, he couldnt get himself up for fights like Al Hamidi. Hopefully he steps up to the plate and proves that he belongs at elite level.

Wasnt impressed much with Barnes, (but the hype up was ridicolous, so there must have been a lot of pressure on him) i'll keep an eye out for next time though
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »

What do folk on here think about the statement Hennessy  made that he wants the winner of Thaxton/Murray to fight the winner of Baby Bull/Malignaggi?

I would like to see Murray stepping up to that level to be honest. Especially if Malignaggi was to beat diaz.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 02:23:43 PM »

What do folk on here think about the statement Hennessy  made that he wants the winner of Thaxton/Murray to fight the winner of Baby Bull/Malignaggi?

I would like to see Murray stepping up to that level to be honest. Especially if Malignaggi was to beat diaz.
I think that he's having a laugh. Thaxton is a diminished fighter who never made it and Murray is a domestic fighter at the moment. He's too easy to hit at this level. He'd get a massive shock at worl level. Diaz would knock both of them out. If Malignaggi managed to win he would have to be back on his best form. An on form Paulie would beat both easily on points I feel. 
jim1973
V.I.P

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 02:35:03 PM »

I think that he's having a laugh. Thaxton is a diminished fighter who never made it and Murray is a domestic fighter at the moment. He's too easy to hit at this level. He'd get a massive shock at worl level. Diaz would knock both of them out. If Malignaggi managed to win he would have to be back on his best form. An on form Paulie would beat both easily on points I feel. 
Diaz would be a bridge too far imo for Murray at the moment, diaz would mark him badly then ko him,Paulie on the other hand would be a good fight for him.
dave j

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »

that barnes kid didnt impress me atall tbh,,trying to be to much like naz
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: