LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 02:58:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round by Round: John Murray vs Scott Murray *Spoilers*  (Read 8415 times)
MadMariner
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »

This Steve Barnes kid is getting a big build-up. Part of the Ingle camp.

He had a coach load of supporters there last night making a lot of noise for him,  was stood with his mum during his fight she was as nervous as hell.  Was dissappointed a lot of the crowd shipped out straight after the Murray fight.

The last fight of the night was hilarious,  the difference in size just made me laugh  Woollas was short and round and Towers tall and thin,   just looked so funny in the ring together.

Props to John job well done last night but I'm with Leve on this one he takes too many punches,  maybe because he knows his opponent can't hurt him,     he has time on his side to develop a better defence which he will need to step up to world level.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 05:11:38 PM »

Murray did well last night, and dominated from start to finish. My only problem was still his ability to find jabs on his way in, but saying that nothing troubled him at all.
Few dicks in the arena once again (chanting manchester lalala in the bar), and when the kid got dq for low blows i thought it may kick off in the arena.
On a side note itv really are cost cutting, one camera and Jim Rowsenthall's suit was too big. And he was wearing trainers with his suit! Must have bunions.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »

Couple of photo's courtesy of Livefight photographer Colin Messom :-

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »

3rd strong televised performance on the spin from John. I've a lot of time for him.

The Al-Hamidi fight came at short notice after he'd trained to fight John Fewkes. Completely understandable that he was flat on the night.

John should be fighting ahead of where he is. He's 27-0 and he's having voluntary British title defences? Ridiculous.

I'm not sure about him at world level, although I don't think any of the top 135lbers would blow him, but I think he'd be a very solid European Champ.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

3rd strong televised performance on the spin from John. I've a lot of time for him.

The Al-Hamidi fight came at short notice after he'd trained to fight John Fewkes. Completely understandable that he was flat on the night.

John should be fighting ahead of where he is. He's 27-0 and he's having voluntary British title defences? Ridiculous.

I'm not sure about him at world level, although I don't think any of the top 135lbers would blow him, but I think he'd be a very solid European Champ.
Rumanov would be a very hard fight for him.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:40 PM »

Rumanov would be a very hard fight for him.

I agree. I think Romanov would be a hard fight for a lot of people at 135lbs though.

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »

I agree. I think Romanov would be a hard fight for a lot of people at 135lbs though.
Yep. It's a pity the Guzman fight didn't come off.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »

Yep. It's a pity the Guzman fight didn't come off.

I agree. He was very impressive against Thaxton and he's not really been able to kick on since then.

The old risk/reward thing.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: