LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 03:34:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckland Sykes *Spoiler*  (Read 4175 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »

Well both men put it all on the line and the right man won a close, but fairly evenly contested fight.

If he'd never been knocked out by Buckland, he would have fought with more flair and confidence.

Finally, that cornerman is dog sh*t. Sykes would be well getting rid of him. "Think of your sons" no mate, give me the game plan to win, afterall thats what your job is.

He's the one who pursuaded an unbeaten British champion used to 12 rounders, to enter the Prizefighter format, probably to get an easy little cheque for his holiday. Now Syke's career is over.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

Excellent fight!  What a tear-up.  I think the right man won but I fancied a split decision as it was so close and open to interpretation a lot of the time
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

Good fight last night and dont think anyone can argue with that decision.Sykes just didnt have enough power to keep him away or gain respect.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »

Great little fight. Much better than any pay per veiw ive had the misfortune to lay out on.

I think the promoters are finaly getting it, we dont want to see fights with the winner being so obvious, we want 50/50.

Agree with red, He needs to move. He has the abilty and the engine he just needs "sound advice"

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »

I'm trying to watch this now but I'm being distracted, once again, by Ray Hatton sat open mouthed chewing gum.

I don't know why but it bothers me - wish he'd close his bloody mouth.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:38:07 PM by Socrates » Logged

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »

styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »

I'm trying to watch this now but I'm being distracted, once again, by Ray Hatton sat open mouthed chewing gum.

I don't know why but it bothers me - which he'd close his bloody mouth.

The same Ray Hatton who is CEO of Ray's Carpets?  Smiley
styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »

Well both men put it all on the line and the right man won a close, but fairly evenly contested fight.

If he'd never been knocked out by Buckland, he would have fought with more flair and confidence.

Finally, that cornerman is dog sh*t. Sykes would be well getting rid of him. "Think of your sons" no mate, give me the game plan to win, afterall thats what your job is.

He's the one who pursuaded an unbeaten British champion used to 12 rounders, to enter the Prizefighter format, probably to get an easy little cheque for his holiday. Now Syke's career is over.

Have to say it's another of my pet hates. Poor corner work or "glorified cheerleading" as I like to call it. Last night was a perfect example.

Great fight though, great effort from both lads. Good reaction from both in the interviews as well.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 06:20:43 AM »

good entertaining fight but i did feel sykes made it easier work by involving himself in the pocket rather than electing to fight on the outside a la groves vs degale.

buckland was always going to be the aggressor so make him eat leather on the way in followed by body shots.

as kevan said, its what fans want to see now, good quality fights.

well done to both involved.

on another note, can sykes go up a weight? he seems massive.

'contendunt ad optimum'
MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »

Great little fight. Much better than any pay per veiw ive had the misfortune to lay out on.

I think the promoters are finaly getting it, we dont want to see fights with the winner being so obvious, we want 50/50.

Agree with red, He needs to move. He has the abilty and the engine he just needs "sound advice"

Agreed with that, sky are loving telling everyone they are 50-50 fights too!!
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »

Finally caught this fight....I scored it a draw 114-114

1)  10-9 Buckland
2)  10-9 Sykes
3)  10-9 Buckland
4)  10-9 Buckland
5)  10-9 Sykes
6)  10-9 Sykes
7)  10-9 Buckland
Cool  10-9 Sykes
9)  10-9 Buckland
10) 10-9 Sykes
11) 10-9 Buckland
12) 10-9 Sykes

So i think Sykes was unlucky to lose his title, though Buckland over the 12 rounds generally seemed to be the fighter having the more eye catching moments so not surprised to see him get the nod. Sykes will feel disappointed but can take heart from the way he finished, because the last round was one of his best in the fight. I think his main problem during the fight was being stuck between trying to 'box' but being forced to fight, but having some trepidation in 'fighting' mode because of last time.

But truthfully he did better when he started to go at Buckland and fight it out rather than when he was trying to box him. His defense was too leaky when trying to box, but his workrate when fighting it out allowed him to have success. But it took him getting past the early rounds and not having much success with boxing, to realise that.

His corner was poor because they confused the issue by b*llocking him for engaging so they had him stuck between two styles, and they were so negative. You don't tell a fighter you're going to drop a decision, straight away you're putting him on a downer. When you're telling him things that are going to happen you keep it positive. What he can do and is going to do right. Its basic mental agility, and they were badly lacking.

Be interesting to see both mens next move. A rubber match is in order but both need and deserve a good rest after that battle. I reckon Sykes will want Buckland again asap, but i think Buckland would prefer a fresh challenge.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »

I don't see how Sykes won any of the early rounds mate to be honest and that cost him the fight
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »

I don't see how Sykes won any of the early rounds mate to be honest and that cost him the fight

I think he did but he didn't take his rounds as clearly as Buckland took his. They were more debatable and the SKY commentary was all over what Buckland was doing, though Watt gave Sykes the 2nd as i did and i'm guessing Alex Arthur also scored the first 5 rounds the same as i did from his comments at ringside.

Buckland did his thing well, whilst Sykes made a lot of mistakes in his approach but wasn't helped by shaky corner advise which had him caught between two styles. I had it a draw but i understand that the overall feeling was Buckland fought the better fight.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »

I think he did but he didn't take his rounds as clearly as Buckland took his. They were more debatable and the SKY commentary was all over what Buckland was doing, though Watt gave Sykes the 2nd as i did and i'm guessing Alex Arthur also scored the first 5 rounds the same as i did from his comments at ringside.

Buckland did his thing well, whilst Sykes made a lot of mistakes in his approach but wasn't helped by shaky corner advise which had him caught between two styles. I had it a draw but i understand that the overall feeling was Buckland fought the better fight.

Fair points, regardless, it would make a great rubber match when Buckland is due to win the Lonsdale outright
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: