LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:53:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Junior Witter Continues To Bait Amir Khan  (Read 2415 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: July 27, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »

www.boxingscene.com

Junior Witter Continues To Bait Amir Khan

Posted by: Terence Dooley on 07-27-2009.

Bradford’s Junior Witter, 35, has poured cold-water on Amir Khan’s WBA light-welterweight victory over Andreas Kotelnik, the ‘Hitter’ told The Mirror that Khan’s performance has been over-hyped by the British press.

Junior, who went for Kotelnik pre-fight, fights for the WBC light-welterweight title next weekend, he will do battle with the highly touted dangerman Devon Alexander.  Witter hopes to use the gains from this fight to tempt Khan into an all-British dual-title fight.

“It seems nobody at my weight in Britain can see me - I'm like the invisible man,” thundered Witter.  “Khan looked OK, but I'd take care of him in just a few rounds.  His people tried to get me to fight him earlier this summer - I doubt they will remember my name when I win the title again.”
LiveFight
« on: July 27, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »

What is it with him and baiting people? He really comes across as a massive wanker. His 'poor me' rants aren't impressing anyone. he needs to sort himself out but it's a bit late now.

He looked ok? He beat Ketelnik by a hell of a better margin than Junior.

It's interesting that he claims W***** offered him a fight with Khan. Why didn't he take it or had he already been offered his fight against Alexander?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »

What is it with him and baiting people? He really comes across as a massive Stroker. His 'poor me' rants aren't impressing anyone. he needs to sort himself out but it's a bit late now.

It's interesting that he claims W***** offered him a fight with Khan. Why didn't he take it or had he already been offered his fight against Alexander?

I agree Deck.  Witter won a razor thin decision against Kotelnik whereas Khan too every round on one judges scorecard.

Witter needs to concentrating on beating Alexander on Saturday or no one will give a monkey's about him come Sunday morning. 
leerhodes

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »

Witter would give Khan a boxing lesson,the only reason he trys to bait people is so he might get a fight.witter was shocking on the night he lost to bradley and bradley is no1 in the world.If witter fought Bradley again he would beat him.
People have wrote him off for sat night i wouldnt.
Paddsta
V.I.P
Executive Member

'Illigitimus Carborundum' my friends...

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »

Id rather see Witter Khan than Hatton Khan.

I would predict a Khan win...but a far tougher fight for Khan, despite previous results.

Best of luck Saturday to Witter (never thought I would say those words) Huh?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »

fluffywhinger

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »

Witter is totally different to anyone Amir's come up against so far and can punch so I'd keep Khan away from him for a couple of fights and if Junior wins the belt next week then well that sets up a cracking fight.
luckyphil

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »

Witter would be a tough one to sell. He would have a punchers chance against Khan but he has a poor following and has been quite boring at times. Think most fans would rather see Khan fight someone like Timothy Bradley.
BrownBomber

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »

Witter will never change will he?

I would pick him over Khan on experience, ringcraft and genuine power. He seems to peform better in the bigger fights and got undone by Bradley due to complacency and an unhealthy obsession with the Hitman, a Khan fight is no duckwalk for him though - he would need to be on top of his game and work a lot more than he is used to which might not be up his street against someone as quick and busy as Khan.

Ich Dien........
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »

What is it with him and baiting people? He really comes across as a massive wanker. His 'poor me' rants aren't impressing anyone. he needs to sort himself out but it's a bit late now.

Havnt got a link, but I remeber reading the story on another forum that they offered Witter the fight after Kotelniks tooth injury, but what with it being short notice, and the fight would have been for no title rather than his WBC shot, he sensibly turned it down. I suppose it shows how confident the likes of Roach is in Khans ability though, taking a tricky switch hitter at short notice!
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:52 AM »

I think Witter vs khan has a great fight written all over it. As for who wins Witter has no fear of Khan or Khans power and I could see Witter having a bash at walking straight through him. If Witter caught him clean it's lights out Khan. If Witter wins the WBC belt then its a wba wbc bout and that could sell to the fans.

side note is Witters fight being shown anywhere ?

A Slice of Life
hoover
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »

Havnt got a link, but I remeber reading the story on another forum that they offered Witter the fight after Kotelniks tooth injury, but what with it being short notice, and the fight would have been for no title rather than his WBC shot, he sensibly turned it down. I suppose it shows how confident the likes of Roach is in Khans ability though, taking a tricky switch hitter at short notice!

Khan's camp were confident ahead of Prescott at short notice!
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »

Witter would give Khan a boxing lesson,the only reason he trys to bait people is so he might get a fight.witter was shocking on the night he lost to bradley and bradley is no1 in the world.If witter fought Bradley again he would beat him.
People have wrote him off for sat night i wouldnt.

Witter v Khan would be a difficult one to pick because of Witter's punching power, but for me the only boxing lesson handed out would be by Khan. Khan has top footwork, great hand speed, throws decent angles with balance. Witter on the other hand is a product of the Sheffield way of boxing... lunging in off balance hoping to catch someone. Heaven forbid you look like you're trying.
Hamed could do it, Witter cant.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: