LiveFight
May 27, 2018, 07:43:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salita calls out Khan  (Read 809 times)
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »

New WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan has been called out by Dimitry Salita and Junior Witter.

Khan won the title last weekend when he defeated Andreas Kotelnik in Manchester on points.

And it looks like the 22-year-old won't struggle for future opponents with both Witter and Salita the first to throw their hats into the ring as future challengers.

Undefeated Salita is Khan's mandatory challenger for the WBA belt, and would make an attractive first defence.

Not only is the New Yorker well known in the States, style wise, Khan will feel that he is beatable.

"Amir Khan has a belt that belongs to me,” Salita told secondsout.com.

“Amir Khan fought a very good tactical fight, and Amir is a good fighter, and Freddy Roach devised a very good plan for him.

“I see things in Khan’s style that I can take advantage of.

“Amir has to step up to the plate and fight me. I look forward to the opportunity. I want to bring the title to Brooklyn, New York.”

Meanwhile former WBC light-welterweight champion Junior Witter is also in the mix, although much depends on the outcome of his attempt to regain his title against Devon Alexander later this month.

"Khan looked OK, but I'd take care of him in just a few rounds," Witter told The Mirror.

"His people tried to get me to fight him earlier this summer - I doubt they will remember my name when I win the title again."

Despite his world-class CV, the Bradford fighter is not a big ticket seller, and may offer little when it comes to risk-reward for Khan.

However he may be an option because of form lines - he only just squeezed past Kotelnik in a European title fight a few years ago - and if he offers the chance of a unification.

One man who may no longer be in the mix is Ricky Hatton, who reportedly has a heart murmur, a condition that may hasten his retirement from the sport.
Source: www.frankwarren.tv

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: