LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 09:28:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeGale/Groves twinbill moved from London to Liverpool  (Read 4995 times)
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »

Not Chavo is it  Grin

Grin

Haha, Chavo would probably be a harder test for him!
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »

There's word doing the rounds now that this bill might be off all together now.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »

There's word doing the rounds now that this bill might be off all together now.

I just got wind of this, but can anyone confirm?  I have tickets for this, only because our local hero, Callum Johnson is on the bill.  But there's been rumours that it might get cancelled anyway.  Apparently Boxnation were offering a draw for 100 pairs of tickets (yes, 200 tickets) to anyone who signed up to their channel this week.  Which means that not only is this bill struggling, but also Boxnation is as well!   Wink
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »

i was a little confused upon the announcement of it being moved to liverpool.

Surely logistically its better to be london with degale and groves both from there.

@bonters

not sounding too rosey mate!

'contendunt ad optimum'
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

@bonters

No, I know.  To be honest I aint that bothered about the boxing here but me and my son thought we oughta go support Callum anyway.  I had the good sense to book tickets direct with the Echo Arena rather than with W***** himself, and risk taking forever to get our money back!  But I did book a hotel also, so I'd really rather it went ahead.  It's still on sale anyway
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »

I just got wind of this, but can anyone confirm?  I have tickets for this, only because our local hero, Callum Johnson is on the bill.  But there's been rumours that it might get cancelled anyway.  Apparently B******** were offering a draw for 100 pairs of tickets (yes, 200 tickets) to anyone who signed up to their channel this week.  Which means that not only is this bill struggling, but also B******** is as well!   Wink

Stephen Smith has just confirmed on his Twitter that his fight is off and the show is cancelled.  Handy as Twitter is, its a pain nowadays that things start of as rumours on there, then it will be confirmed by someone credible and then, finally the promoter will announce it.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

fair point but.. its really good to know quicker than you normally.

tbf this aint good, because first we hear or the company going into administration then this.

'contendunt ad optimum'
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »

Stephen Smith has just confirmed on his Twitter that his fight is off and the show is cancelled.  Handy as Twitter is, its a pain nowadays that things start of as rumours on there, then it will be confirmed by someone credible and then, finally the promoter will announce it.

AND Callum Johnson himself has announced this on Facebook.  I used to partly defend W*****, but I now think the man's a total c*nt!  This was rumoured two weeks ago, and he's known all along that he was gonna cancel.  But just let folk buy tickets anyway, and advertise free tickets on Boxnation.  What a tosser.  He's let Callum Johnson down very badly too.  He promised him six fights in his first year and the guy's had three!  An insider recently confided that W***** just cannot afford to pay his fighters, and some of them who have fought are still awaiting payment!  W@nker!   Angry
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

fair point but.. its really good to know quicker than you normally.

tbf this aint good, because first we hear or the company going into administration then this.

I know what you mean but it will always be the promoters who pull the show and in this day and age they should be putting the information out asap and not having it come out on Twitter from their fighters.

It said in BN last week that the winding up petition was denied so no iminent winding up for FWP.

Once Groves pulled out and the show was moved to Liverpool it was always looking a hard sell with Christmas around the corner for people to pay 60 to knock a guy over.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »

i was a little confused upon the announcement of it being moved to liverpool.

Surely logistically its better to be london with degale and groves both from there.

@bonters

its because neither grobves ,or degale can sell shit .yes there fitht together sold well but on there own they are notthe big draws people would have you think .Liverpool shows/shows in the north west of england do well and usually have better atmospheres  anyway
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »

i have come to the conclusion boxing has been diluted a touch as well mate. frank has alot of boxers on board and keep all of it going is/must be hard work.

'contendunt ad optimum'
MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »

its because neither grobves ,or degale can sell shit .yes there fitht together sold well but on there own they are notthe big draws people would have you think .Liverpool shows/shows in the north west of england do well and usually have better atmospheres  anyway

Groves has hardly fought in London (bar the last two against Degale and Smith) so seems a bit unfair that. Put him in with a credible opponent and he will sell good tickets in London in my opinion. As far as I know Degale hasn't fought in London much either so I don't think we've been given much of an opportunity to see how well either would sell in London.

As for the cancelation of this show seems pretty harsh to do it now, and certainly Billy Joe Saunders amongst others wasn't too impressed, as I saw this on his twitter:

Shows off at liverpool f***ing gutted! A taxi driver told me this weeks ago f***ing joke

and to Bellew - do yu nw wot fu#ks me off mate they no the show ant happening but leave it to last mint!making weight/missing timewithfamly**

**I copied this so please don't think its my poor spelling  Grin
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »

This event was 'postponed' to Jan 27, but has now been cancelled altogether.  Which means that W***** managed to keep a lot of people's money over Christmas, by persuading them it would still be on in January.  Thankfully I booked through Echo Arena and had my refund a while ago now!
http://www.echoarena.com/whats_on/boxing.asp
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »

What's that noise i hear in the distance?

Oh, it's boxing in Britains reputation dropping to another new low. W***** really is extracting the urine with this if the rumours are true especially in regards to fighters not getting paid. No doubt the lad has done plenty of good (as well as bad) for British  boxing as well, but with these current ventures it all seems to be falling apart.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »

What's that noise i hear in the distance?

Oh, it's boxing in Britains reputation dropping to another new low. W***** really is extracting the urine with this if the rumours are true especially in regards to fighters not getting paid. No doubt the lad has done plenty of good (as well as bad) for British  boxing as well, but with these current ventures it all seems to be falling apart.

its not helping with the economic climate either pal.

ive said a few times on other threads, the whole thing with box nation is a great idea just hasnt gone as well as planned.

'contendunt ad optimum'
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: