LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 09:24:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeGale/Groves twinbill moved from London to Liverpool  (Read 4994 times)
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

its not helping with the economic climate either pal.

ive said a few times on other threads, the whole thing with box nation is a great idea just hasnt gone as well as planned.

Yea, you may have a point there. I would personally like to see some of these boxing shows available to freeview viewers such as the shows on Channel 5. Now, don't get me wrong, the punditry and general quality of these shows are at best mediocre. However, they hype the Sh** out of Fury and from what I've read they're getting viewers. Gone are the days of less channels and everybody tuned in to watch the boxing, but if we can get more successes such as that which has happenned with C5 then the better.

Personally, i struggle to see Boxnation working in any climate. Boxing has become too much of a niche and making it PPV (effectively) will further alienate more casual fans who aren't willing to shell out the tenner p/m.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »

I agree, thing is if this was done maybe say 5-6 yrs ago then it would have been a flyer as it would be the only channel doing it and you would have had the stars like joe calzaghe, ricky hatton etc etc on tv. That would have been truly amazing.

The only thing now is that we have god knows how many promoters doing small hall shows and then tv promoters that all have a finger in the pie with only so much to go around.

Right now as it stands if the Hearns maintain their momentum they will be the numero uno in boxing promotion, they have done such a superb job with froch, brook etc and i am sure they will continue things this yr.

'contendunt ad optimum'
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »

Personally, i struggle to see Boxnation working in any climate. Boxing has become too much of a niche and making it PPV (effectively) will further alienate more casual fans who aren't willing to shell out the tenner p/m.

Agree entirely.  I think also that it doesn't help when the channel is being controlled by a boxing promoter as well.  It needs to at least be someone independent, who will do deals with a variety of promoters.  B*******n will never work in my opinion, and I think there will be a mass exodus of dissatisfied customers when the initial 6 Month contract period is up.  I don't doubt W***** will have this in mind and line up some decent shows (most of which will likely be altered/cancelled/TBA etc etc)
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »

I agree that hearns in  6 months will be  of the tree in 6 months. I think if W***** was sick of sky he should have went terrestrial again rather than making the new channel. The more customers will always be a sounder investm
ent in the future.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: