LiveFight
February 23, 2018, 10:15:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who wins and how?
David Haye KO
David Haye Decision
Vitali Klitschko KO
Vitali Klitschko Decision
Draw

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Haye Vs Vitali Klitschko Who wins and how??  (Read 15462 times)
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

Right! we had a lot of banter over on LiveFight with this question so i thought id bring it back!

With Wlad now out of the picture Haye is hoping for a fight with Vitali in September what will happen??

Thoughts??

LiveFight
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

dave j

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »

as much as i like david haye,, i honestly beleive vitali is a step to far,,,so its a ko for vitali Sad
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »

The only way Vitali would lose is if age has finally caught up with him. Vitali by KO.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

Vitali dominates Haye and stops him inside 8 rounds.

Team Groves
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

Vitali k.o unless he's gotten very old very quickly.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »

Vitali by TKO, but want a Haye KO!

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:17:38 PM »

Vitali dominates Haye and stops him inside 8 rounds.

So you reckon Haye would do a job comparable to Danny Williams?

Think it would either be an early KO or Haye would use his speed to frustrate Vitali over the 12.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »

So you reckon Haye would do a job comparable to Danny Williams?

Think it would either be an early KO or Haye would use his speed to frustrate Vitali over the 12.

I think Haye would not get close to Vitali to land anything without eating jabs on the way in and whatever comes behind it, Haye is not big enough and is sometimes a bit predictable and i think Vitali is by far clever enough to pick him off and make him look a bit of a mess by the end of it.
Haye might have a moment or two of joy but i just dont see him givin Vitali much trouble.

Team Groves
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

I think Haye would not get close to Vitali to land anything without eating jabs on the way in and whatever comes behind it, Haye is not big enough and is sometimes a bit predictable and i think Vitali is by far clever enough to pick him off and make him look a bit of a mess by the end of it.
Haye might have a moment or two of joy but i just dont see him givin Vitali much trouble.
Couple that with a chin that had him in trouble against fighters 50 lbs lighter and it doesn't bode well. You're right about the predicibility. Barrett lasted 6 rounds and Haye only had 17% accuracy as he was telegraphing the big right which was all he was looking to throw for at least 5 rounds. The thing is that he's been going for the higlight Ko's an has not been boxing as well as he can for the last couple of years so I don't know if he'll have it automatically against Vitali, especially if he gets hurt. If he's stumbled he should clinch and box out the round. Would he though?
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »

Vitali would take Haye apart, regardless of how robotic he is.

Klitschko has been inactive and injury prone but if he stays healthy he is a clear winner.

Vitali has an 80' reach and thats exactly where haye would be, right on the end of it.

Byrd frustrated Klitschko with speed and movement and if Haye is to win thats exactly what he has to do, Haye's only chance is to frustrate Vitali over 12 rounds because he wont KO him.

That said, Klitschko has the biggest KO percentage of any heavyweight ever and Haye has a weak chin! not good news

Vitali by KO inside 7

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:41 PM »

Vitali would take Haye apart, regardless of how robotic he is.

Klitschko has been inactive and injury prone but if he stays healthy he is a clear winner.

Vitali has an 80' reach and thats exactly where haye would be, right on the end of it.

Byrd frustrated Klitschko with speed and movement and if Haye is to win thats exactly what he has to do, Haye's only chance is to frustrate Vitali over 12 rounds because he wont KO him.

That said, Klitschko has the biggest KO percentage of any heavyweight ever and Haye has a weak chin! not good news

Vitali by KO inside 7

Nice picture Grin

I think Haye has the tools to frustrate him in the way you mention Byrd did. But as Deck said he is going for the one punch KO a bit too much. In fairness he has got the KO's  under his belt but his temperament would have to change in a way that would see him use those aforementioned tools.
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 04:06:45 PM »

Haye via Ko. Somewhere around the 8th or 9th.

Vitali has had two fights since a 4 year absence. He beat the painfully slow and under trained Sam Peter and looked good in doing so.

He then beat Juan Carlos Gomez and on paper it looks a good win. Trouble is Vitali was blowing hard after 4 rounds and got nailed frequently by Gomez - a fighter who has seen better days. It was one of the worst fights technically I had seen at this level.

Haye is much quicker than both Gomez and Peter and also alot more accurate and harder to hit. He is a superbly trained athlete which can't be said for either Peter or Gomez.

Vitali is not the man that beat-up Kirk Johnson, Corrie Sanders and Danny Williams. He still brings the size and a decent if slow jab. His Ko record is impressive but he is not a one punch hitter like a Shavers or Foreman.

At this weight Haye can still get caught and Ko'd but I think he'll box and pick his shots and finish a tired, battered Vitali off later on in the fight (Round 8 or 9)

I'm hoping Haye gets another fight under his belt to get used to carrying the extra weight, he's been too inactive to jump straight in with Vitali.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:15:39 PM by WelshDevilRob » Logged

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »

Haye via Ko. Somewhere around the 8th or 9th.

Vitali has had two fights since a 4 year absence. He beat the painfully slow and under trained Sam Peter and looked good in doing so.

He then beat Juan Carlos Gomez and on paper it looks a good win. Trouble is Vitali was blowing hard after 4 rounds and got nailed frequently by Gomez - a fighter who has seen better days. It was one of the worst fights technically I had seen at this level.

Haye is much quicker than both Gomez and Peter and also alot more accurate and harder to hit. He is a superbly trained athlete which can't be said for either Peter or Gomez.

Vitali is not the man that beat-up Kirk Johnson, Corrie Sanders and Danny Williams. He still brings the size and a decent if slow jab. His Ko record is impressive but he is not a one punch hitter like a Shavers or Foreman.

At this weight Haye can still get caught and Ko'd but I think he'll box and pick his shots and finish a tired, battered Vitali off later on in the fight (Round 8 or 9)

I'm hoping Haye gets another fight under his belt to get used to carrying the extra weight, he's been too inactive to jump straight in with Vitali.
He wan't overlyu accurate in the Barrett fight. He's got to box like he can if he's any chance. Still as old as Vitali is, an his stamina's not what it used to be, he's intelligent and he will box behind the jab and use the counter right and reach advantage to tag Haye on the way in. Haye's got an akward, fast style but what part of keeping his hands at his waist will work against Klitschko especially since Vitali can hit him outside Davids own range?
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

He wan't overlyu accurate in the Barrett fight. He's got to box like he can if he's any chance. Still as old as Vitali is, an his stamina's not what it used to be, he's intelligent and he will box behind the jab and use the counter right and reach advantage to tag Haye on the way in. Haye's got an akward, fast style but what part of keeping his hands at his waist will work against Klitschko especially since Vitali can hit him outside Davids own range?

I know what you mean Deck he wasn't overly accurate against Barrett and still managed to floor him 5 times. Grin
Haye does get abit wild but most of the time it's a steady, calculated approach mean't to draw the opponent in and catch them with a big, fast counter - I think it'll work against Vitali. Vitali is such a hittable target these days as Gomez showed.
The hands will need to be higher to block the jab - though Haye tends to use his reflexes.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »

I know what you mean Deck he wasn't overly accurate against Barrett and still managed to floor him 5 times. Grin
Haye does get abit wild but most of the time it's a steady, calculated approach mean't to draw the opponent in and catch them with a big, fast counter - I think it'll work against Vitali. Vitali is such a hittable target these days as Gomez showed.
The hands will need to be higher to block the jab - though Haye tends to use his reflexes.

That's not a viable plan against someone of Vitali's size and reach. Just one of his punches could knock David down and/or out. When's the last time he kept his guard up for a fight? When was the last time he boxed properly? The mormec fight I'd say and even then he tried using his reflexes but got backed up to the ropes on several occasions and tagged on the back foot. That's how he was dropped too. A prime Vitali would have annihilated him and I feel the only real chance he has now is that Vitlali's a fighter that's gone downhill in stamina, speed and agility.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: