LiveFight
January 19, 2018, 09:48:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who wins and how?
David Haye KO
David Haye Decision
Vitali Klitschko KO
Vitali Klitschko Decision
Draw

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Haye Vs Vitali Klitschko Who wins and how??  (Read 15076 times)
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

That's not a viable plan against someone of Vitali's size and reach. Just one of his punches could knock David down and/or out. When's the last time he kept his guard up for a fight? When was the last time he boxed properly? The mormec fight I'd say and even then he tried using his reflexes but got backed up to the ropes on several occasions and tagged on the back foot. That's how he was dropped too. A prime Vitali would have annihilated him and I feel the only real chance he has now is that Vitlali's a fighter that's gone downhill in stamina, speed and agility.

Vitali is overrated. The man couldn't beat a 37 year old, heaviest ever, one-foot in retirement Lennox Lewis (who supposedly had a dodgy chin - but took everything Vitali landed). Chris Byrd (weighing 6ft and 210¾lbs) managed to beat Vitali, yet Byrd was destroyed a year earlier by Ike Ibeabuchi inside 5 rounds.

The Klitschkos are good Heavyweights but have been successful largely due to the poor, sorry state of the division. A pity Ike went nuts as he would have destroyed the pair of them.

I suppose it doesn't matter about a prime Vitali as Haye won't be facing that fighter.

Haye was severely weight drained against Mormeck and his punch output was limited due to that. Yes he got floored but the replays clearly show his foot standing on the advertising triangle under the ropes and his leg giving way - hence the mad scramble to keep his balance while getting tagged by Mormeck.

While I appreciate I'm in the minority of views on this fight I think he is a fighter in the ascendancy and will just be too quick and powerful for the slower Vitali.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

Alvy
V.I.P

Alvy
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »

I'm afraid that I will have to go with the majority and pick Vitali. I just think that the physical advantages will be too much for Haye to overcome. I would've given our boy a punchers chance against the younger Klitschko but Vitali is made of far sterner stuff as he showed against Lewis.
Yes Haye has the ability to outbox the bigger man but I cannot see him keeping out of harms way for the full twelve rounds against a guy with an awkward style and 80' reach. At some stage he will get clipped - and he'll go.

“We learned a long time ago that we should never subject ourselves to the schedules of the powerful. We had to follow our own calendar and impose it on those above.”
jim1973
V.I.P

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »

Vitali as soon as he connects.......but i have a sneaky feeling haye early.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »

Vitali is overrated. The man couldn't beat a 37 year old, heaviest ever, one-foot in retirement Lennox Lewis (who supposedly had a dodgy chin - but took everything Vitali landed). Chris Byrd (weighing 6ft and 210¾lbs) managed to beat Vitali, yet Byrd was destroyed a year earlier by Ike Ibeabuchi inside 5 rounds.

The Klitschkos are good Heavyweights but have been successful largely due to the poor, sorry state of the division. A pity Ike went nuts as he would have destroyed the pair of them.

I suppose it doesn't matter about a prime Vitali as Haye won't be facing that fighter.

Haye was severely weight drained against Mormeck and his punch output was limited due to that. Yes he got floored but the replays clearly show his foot standing on the advertising triangle under the ropes and his leg giving way - hence the mad scramble to keep his balance while getting tagged by Mormeck.

While I appreciate I'm in the minority of views on this fight I think he is a fighter in the ascendancy and will just be too quick and powerful for the slower Vitali.

I must say i do think a fair amount of people are overrating David Haye mate also to be honest, the funny thing was that everyone now slags Enzo Mac of for not being very good yet he is the guy David Haye seems to get his most credit for in terms of wins.
He has not really been in one of the hardest divisions in boxing through out his career as he, yet because he won the belts it seems now most people see it as just something that should naturally happen in him walking through the heavyweight division.
 I have the concern David is underestimating the Klitchsko's somewhat and could be in for a harsh lesson if he fights them, "once david lands a big shot on them" he has to reach them first and he will find that as hard as anything with a jab stuck in his face.

Team Groves
MadMariner
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »

I honestly though David had a good chance against Wlad,  and was really looking forward to this fight.

Against Vitali he has virtually no chance,  just can't see him lasting more than 7 rds  and thats opptomistic.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »

Sez
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »

I'm REALLY hoping that Haye can do it... but Vitali is much stronger than Wlad, i'm unsure on this one but i'll be cheering for Haye reguardless
Boxingfan1991

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 09:29:45 AM »

I've got a sneaky suspicion Haye will win this early on, maybe thinking more with my heart than my head though...

Finally managed to find this damn forum Cheesy
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:42 AM »

i like Vitali by Stoppage.

I made Haye a big underdog against Wlad too but the fact Wlad can often fight a bit 'scared' coupled with his dubious beard and Haye's power gave David a chance. Vitali has shown nothing but a decent chin and doesn't really get flustered - he's a much stiffer test in my opinion.

Haye's win over Barrett wasn't that impressive to me.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »

i like Vitali by Stoppage.

I made Haye a big underdog against Wlad too but the fact Wlad can often fight a bit 'scared' coupled with his dubious beard and Haye's power gave David a chance. Vitali has shown nothing but a decent chin and doesn't really get flustered - he's a much stiffer test in my opinion.

Haye's win over Barrett wasn't that impressive to me.
Vitali hasn't lost his power but his stamina doesn't seem to be what it was. That's Haye's only chance I feel. I don't know if it will last long enough to make it an issue.
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

Vitali hasn't lost his power but his stamina doesn't seem to be what it was. That's Haye's only chance I feel. I don't know if it will last long enough to make it an issue.
I don't think Haye's stamina is great though and he is simply awful when he is backed up.
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:44 AM »

Haye would be badly beaten in this fight.Actually both Klitchkos would beat Haye fairly handy but i would love it if Haye could pull it off because i think the heavyweight division badly needs him as champ.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

haye will frustrate vitali with his speed and movement and see him catching him a hayemaker right on the button and ending the night in the 5th

joey_ed27

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 10:11:49 AM »

Honestly I dont think Haye has much of a chance to win, although Im hoping Haye can land a hayemaker and put some excitement back in the heavyweight div.

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »

haye will frustrate vitali with his speed and movement and see him catching him a hayemaker right on the button and ending the night in the 5th
Do you think his movement is really that good? he's never been particularly elusive IMO.
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »

Haye's best chance of winning this fight would be to come out the blocks very quickly and perhaps take Vitali by suprise.

However, I do think Vitali is a bit too long in the tooth to fall for this and he would have too much for Haye.

If I was a betting man, I would go with Vitali in 4 - 6

Bored of boxing - need some fights to excite me again
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: