LiveFight
January 22, 2018, 08:55:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who wins and how?
David Haye KO
David Haye Decision
Vitali Klitschko KO
Vitali Klitschko Decision
Draw

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Haye Vs Vitali Klitschko Who wins and how??  (Read 15131 times)
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

If Lennox couldn't drop Vitali with his bombs, I can't see Haye doing it either. I would tip Vitali to win somewhere in the middle rounds.

Wladimir has the much weaker chin so Haye would fare better against him.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 12:44:21 PM »

I don't know how accurate it is but boxrec says vitali only has a 2 inch reach advantage over haye (203cm to 198cm) although with the height advantage I suppose its emphasised all the more. I would love haye to pull this off, but everything seems to suggest if haye can't shift him within 4-5 rounds then its vitali's fight and he can end it when he chooses. I can see haye having a real go in the early stages but being repelled by a high guard and a stiff jab. Haye's best shot is the counter right hand over the jab but I think with vitali's height and that jab, he is in severe danger of walking on to something and taking an early night, even more so with his low guard. Would love to be wrong though

justicia...
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »

I think that if David goes for it early on Vitali will expect that and he's more likely to walk or leap onto a counter right.
Maple Leaf

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

Haye via Ko. Somewhere around the 8th or 9th.

Vitali has had two fights since a 4 year absence. He beat the painfully slow and under trained Sam Peter and looked good in doing so.

He then beat Juan Carlos Gomez and on paper it looks a good win. Trouble is Vitali was blowing hard after 4 rounds and got nailed frequently by Gomez - a fighter who has seen better days. It was one of the worst fights technically I had seen at this level.

Haye is much quicker than both Gomez and Peter and also alot more accurate and harder to hit. He is a superbly trained athlete which can't be said for either Peter or Gomez.

Vitali is not the man that beat-up Kirk Johnson, Corrie Sanders and Danny Williams. He still brings the size and a decent if slow jab. His Ko record is impressive but he is not a one punch hitter like a Shavers or Foreman.

At this weight Haye can still get caught and Ko'd but I think he'll box and pick his shots and finish a tired, battered Vitali off later on in the fight (Round 8 or 9)

I'm hoping Haye gets another fight under his belt to get used to carrying the extra weight, he's been too inactive to jump straight in with Vitali.

There is only 1 way the fight would end and that -obviously- is with crawling around on the canvas. All the rest of this is nonesense and hot air and you all know it. Haye is too small, too weak, too awkward on his feet, and has  punch resistence to handle a juggernaught like VK. Keep dreaming though.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »

There is only 1 way the fight would end and that -obviously- is with crawling around on the canvas. All the rest of this is nonesense and hot air and you all know it. Haye is too small, too weak, too awkward on his feet, and has  punch resistence to handle a juggernaught like VK. Keep dreaming though.

Got to agree with most of this post. I do feel that Haye would struggle. I said he would beat his brother but in all honesty it was probaly my heart over head. Typical English, back your man at all costs. Have i told you England are going to win the world cup under Fabio..............
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »

The sad thing about this is you're probably right. I say sad thing because VK is not a great heavyweight, just the best of a very bad bunch. Ability wise Haye is on a completely different planet to V.K, but sadly he will probably turn out to be too small.
Really hope i'm wrong though, as a Haye win would do more for the HW division (and boxing as a whole) than another 10 defences from these Eastern European boring robots.
Maple Leaf

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »

The sad thing about this is you're probably right. I say sad thing because VK is not a great heavyweight, just the best of a very bad bunch. Ability wise Haye is on a completely different planet to V.K, but sadly he will probably turn out to be too small.
Really hope i'm wrong though, as a Haye win would do more for the HW division (and boxing as a whole) than another 10 defences from these Eastern European boring robots.

Vk and Wk knock out almost everyone they step into the ring with. Vk has the highest knockout ratio of anyone -ever- in the division. They are big and use their size very, very well. Wk has slick footwork, a brilliant jab, and can mix shots up with ease. When last have we seen a heavyweight who can throw a lead left hook or hook off three to four successive jabs? Wk has won a championship fight without ever throwing a right. Vk sent Lennox into retirement. I've just started and all of that is boring?

Holmes won a long, long list of fights fighting smaller guys and just jabbing all night. Ali layed on the ropes for a decade, or got beat up by cruiserweights, and lost a title fight to a 7-0 clubfighter or got knocked down by another English one, but babbled on with childish rimes; Foreman  walked around the ring teeter-toddling and clubbing to a win some/lose some career. But I would not say those three above were not skilled nor boring...

The Eastern Europeans are now allowed to compete and the division is now opened up to the entire world and we now see who is dominating. The western media doesn't talk them up like Ali, Foreman, or Holmes but they are the force to be reckoned with and their skill is unquestionable.

The greatest fighter on the planet, Fedor Emelianenko, doesn't talk nonesense either and he is skilled and exciting. The Asian countries know this very well but the Western media ignores it just like they ignore the heavyweights. But the facts are facts and that is what matters.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »

easy nights work for vitali, weather the haye storm for the first few rounds and ends it with a big ko b4 the 8th Smiley
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »

Vk and Wk knock out almost everyone they step into the ring with. Vk has the highest knockout ratio of anyone -ever- in the division. They are big and use their size very, very well. Wk has slick footwork, a brilliant jab, and can mix shots up with ease. When last have we seen a heavyweight who can throw a lead left hook or hook off three to four successive jabs? Wk has won a championship fight without ever throwing a right. Vk sent Lennox into retirement. I've just started and all of that is boring?

Holmes won a long, long list of fights fighting smaller guys and just jabbing all night. Ali layed on the ropes for a decade, or got beat up by cruiserweights, and lost a title fight to a 7-0 clubfighter or got knocked down by another English one, but babbled on with childish rimes; Foreman  walked around the ring teeter-toddling and clubbing to a win some/lose some career. But I would not say those three above were not skilled nor boring...

The Eastern Europeans are now allowed to compete and the division is now opened up to the entire world and we now see who is dominating. The western media doesn't talk them up like Ali, Foreman, or Holmes but they are the force to be reckoned with and their skill is unquestionable.

The greatest fighter on the planet, Fedor Emelianenko, doesn't talk nonesense either and he is skilled and exciting. The Asian countries know this very well but the Western media ignores it just like they ignore the heavyweights. But the facts are facts and that is what matters.

VK and WK may knock out everyone they step into the ring with but who have they fought? The heavyweight division is a joke right now.

I would hardly call Foreman's record a win some/lose some. Have you forgotten he became the oldest heavyweight champ in history?

The media wouldn't ignore the heavyweights if they had rivals but there are none.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

VK and WK may knock out everyone they step into the ring with but who have they fought? The heavyweight division is a joke right now.

I would hardly call Foreman's record a win some/lose some. Have you forgotten he became the oldest heavyweight champ in history?

The media wouldn't ignore the heavyweights if they had rivals but there are none.

In relatiopn to that who has Haye fought? Who will remember Fragomeni, Mormeck or Enzo when it comes to it? Surely the cruisers are just as big a joke if not moreso?
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »

Quite right, Lennox's hand was never the same after he finished punching Frankenstein's monster with it. If you really want to be taken seriously please dont mention Ali or Holmes in the same thread as any of these robotic heavyweights you seem to have a hard on for.
Facts and statistics can be used to the advantage of the most unworthy course, and this is a prime example of this. However if you want to deal with another fact it's this... never before in the history of the sport has the heavyweight title (s) been held in such low regard by the general boxing community. IMO the reason for this is that the current crop of oversized circus freaks plodding thier way through the HW division offer no real excitement or flair. I'm not saying they are technically bad, because ofcourse they are not, but the fact they can jab and throw an overhand right whlst keeping a nice high guard does not endear them to the greater masses. The heavyweight title used to be the richest prize in sport and the blue ribbond event of any sporting year, now they are not even televised.
Whilst David haye may be too small to beat Vitali, I predict you will see more excitement, more angles, more flair in that fight (regardless if it only lasts 2 rds), and more interest generated than you will see in the rest of the mundane, formulaic career of either of the Klits or the other clones they are currently breeding in whatever lab they are using at the minute.
grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

Can't get excited about the klitschko's no matter how hard I try, and i'd consider myself a boxing nut. Only ever watched one klitschko fight live and that was wlad versus hasim rahman, but when he had him backed up against the ropes on the verge of being stopped with 45 seconds to go in the round and stood there with his hands glued to his temples and proceeded to throw 7 or so successive left jabs til the bell went, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He got him out of there in the end but ay-yi-yi. I might watch vitali/wlad if they fight haye, but against anyone else i reckon I could have more fun cutting my toenails.

They may know how to do just enough to win a fight but in terms of their standing among the greats, they wouldn't be fit to carry holmes kit bag

justicia...
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »

Can't get excited about the klitschko's no matter how hard I try, and i'd consider myself a boxing nut. Only ever watched one klitschko fight live and that was wlad versus hasim rahman, but when he had him backed up against the ropes on the verge of being stopped with 45 seconds to go in the round and stood there with his hands glued to his temples and proceeded to throw 7 or so successive left jabs til the bell went, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He got him out of there in the end but ay-yi-yi. I might watch vitali/wlad if they fight haye, but against anyone else i reckon I could have more fun cutting my toenails.

They may know how to do just enough to win a fight but in terms of their standing among the greats, they wouldn't be fit to carry holmes kit bag
Have you seen the Lewis fight mate?
grizzlyadams
V.I.P
Executive Member

#TeamFlash

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »

Have you seen the Lewis fight mate?

Nah not yet buddy, I gather he gave some real problems tho. I suppose my previous post was more directed at wlad than vitali

justicia...
Maple Leaf

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »

Quite right, Lennox's hand was never the same after he finished punching Frankenstein's monster with it. If you really want to be taken seriously please dont mention Ali or Holmes in the same thread as any of these robotic heavyweights you seem to have a hard on for.
Facts and statistics can be used to the advantage of the most unworthy course, and this is a prime example of this. However if you want to deal with another fact it's this... never before in the history of the sport has the heavyweight title (s) been held in such low regard by the general boxing community. IMO the reason for this is that the current crop of oversized circus freaks plodding thier way through the HW division offer no real excitement or flair. I'm not saying they are technically bad, because ofcourse they are not, but the fact they can jab and throw an overhand right whlst keeping a nice high guard does not endear them to the greater masses. The heavyweight title used to be the richest prize in sport and the blue ribbond event of any sporting year, now they are not even televised.
Whilst David haye may be too small to beat Vitali, I predict you will see more excitement, more angles, more flair in that fight (regardless if it only lasts 2 rds), and more interest generated than you will see in the rest of the mundane, formulaic career of either of the Klits or the other clones they are currently breeding in whatever lab they are using at the minute.

Lots of insults and misquotes.   I don't need group think or group support. Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. That's all you know.  Boxing in general has less viewship. Think a little. There is so much more to entertain ourselves with than 30 years ago let alone 80 years ago. It's called competition. There is so much more than boxing these days. By the way, those people in Germany that bought all those tickets, who do you think they are? Haye fans? Ha! No, they know Haye is a louse and they wanted to watch first hand how Wladimir was going to almost murder him. Haye sold a few thousand on his own in England. So much for English loving him. Now Hatton and Calzaghe, they are another story and actually have fans not just people in the media who love them. Watch the HBO highlight reel on Eastside boxing right now of WK and you'll see a real fighter. You probably were not old enough to see Holmes fight but as I said he mostly dined on his jab alone against real weaklings but those are the type of facts I was talking about.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: