LiveFight
January 22, 2018, 08:49:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who wins and how?
David Haye KO
David Haye Decision
Vitali Klitschko KO
Vitali Klitschko Decision
Draw

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Haye Vs Vitali Klitschko Who wins and how??  (Read 15130 times)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

Lots of insults and misquotes.   I don't need group think or group support. Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. That's all you know.  Boxing in general has less viewship. Think a little. There is so much more to entertain ourselves with than 30 years ago let alone 80 years ago. It's called competition. There is so much more than boxing these days. By the way, those people in Germany that bought all those tickets, who do you think they are? Haye fans? Ha! No, they know Haye is a louse and they wanted to watch first hand how Wladimir was going to almost murder him. Haye sold a few thousand on his own in England. So much for English loving him. Now Hatton and Calzaghe, they are another story and actually have fans not just people in the media who love them. Watch the HBO highlight reel on Eastside boxing right now of WK and you'll see a real fighter. You probably were not old enough to see Holmes fight but as I said he mostly dined on his jab alone against real weaklings but those are the type of facts I was talking about.

Firstly can you show me where i quoted you, let alone misquoted.
Secondly didn't understand the second sentence, not sure you do.
Thirdly, i was taking into account the fact boxing as a whole has diminsihed, but look at the smaller weights that are still drawing ppv numbers and crowds. Why has the pinacle of the sport failed to keep up with the smaller weights, imo because of the dirth of talent in it. You mention Larry Holmes as though he can possible be compared to these neandethals, but although Holmes didn't have the sternest competition to defend his title against he still managed to keep the publics interest in the HW title because of his supreme ability. I suggest you go back and watch his jab and compare it to the brothers grim - infact dont bother as they are incomparable.
Finally as much as this may upset you, the best thing that can happen the HW boxing is seeing Haye or someone like him put both of the brothers in retirement (and not through bruised hands like Lennox).
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

Maple Leaf

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 08:36:03 PM »

Thats cos Rahman was washed-up as a legit contender. Tell it like it is - not what fits your theory.

I said he used more than his jab and threw many, many power punches at him. I told it like it is. Go watch the fight for yourself. Wlad. and his brother fight everyone and anyone that will sign. They beat them all with relative ease because they are that much better than the rest.
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

I said he used more than his jab and threw many, many power punches at him. I told it like it is. Go watch the fight for yourself. Wlad. and his brother fight everyone and anyone that will sign. They beat them all with relative ease because they are that much better than the rest.

I know you hate steroid users, Maple Leaf. Your comments in the past on Mosley have been scathing. That's why I find it puzzling that you support Vitali.

Have you read Vitali's book that he released in 2004, where he admits to using steroids? Don't take my word for it - read his words/book. Truly shocking.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Maple Leaf

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »

Firstly can you show me where i quoted you, let alone misquoted.
Secondly didn't understand the second sentence, not sure you do.
Thirdly, i was taking into account the fact boxing as a whole has diminsihed, but look at the smaller weights that are still drawing ppv numbers and crowds. Why has the pinacle of the sport failed to keep up with the smaller weights, imo because of the dirth of talent in it. You mention Larry Holmes as though he can possible be compared to these neandethals, but although Holmes didn't have the sternest competition to defend his title against he still managed to keep the publics interest in the HW title because of his supreme ability. I suggest you go back and watch his jab and compare it to the brothers grim - infact dont bother as they are incomparable.
Finally as much as this may upset you, the best thing that can happen the HW boxing is seeing Haye or someone like him put both of the brothers in retirement (and not through bruised hands like Lennox).

Group think refers to where your opinions come from.
Heavyweight boxing draws big crowds in Germany where it is promoted and nonesense and falsehoods are not repeated over and over.
Homes would make a good small heavy today. His chin was ok but not great and his power was poor -as would be expected from his body type. Yes, he had a good jab but against men bigger than him that could hit him from a distance he wasn't so dominant, not so good.  He struggled against a weak minded Cooney and later lost two fights to M. Spinks -a thin, wee heavy who could jab too.  Spinks knocked out Cooney in 5. So much for Holmes.... Neither Spinks, nor Cooney, nor Holmes would beat Vitali. Vitali would put them all to rest.
And I know it aches and your heart breaks to think your supermen are not what you thought they were but Eastern Giants own and are going to own the division from now on or until those countries get a middle class. It is factual to say there are millions of really big men in Eastern Europe and more than any other part in the world.
As for Haye it is just a question of which heavyweight will send him back to the cruiserweights because he is like Arlovski in that he has no chin.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »

Holyfield did it first mate Wink

(And then O'Neil Bell)

argh. yeah i did mean the first since holyfield.  Grin

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »

Which isn't saying much when you look at the heavyweight scene.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »

Group think refers to where your opinions come from.
Heavyweight boxing draws big crowds in Germany where it is promoted and nonesense and falsehoods are not repeated over and over.
Homes would make a good small heavy today. His chin was ok but not great and his power was poor -as would be expected from his body type. Yes, he had a good jab but against men bigger than him that could hit him from a distance he wasn't so dominant, not so good.  He struggled against a weak minded Cooney and later lost two fights to M. Spinks -a thin, wee heavy who could jab too.  Spinks knocked out Cooney in 5. So much for Holmes.... Neither Spinks, nor Cooney, nor Holmes would beat Vitali. Vitali would put them all to rest.
And I know it aches and your heart breaks to think your supermen are not what you thought they were but Eastern Giants own and are going to own the division from now on or until those countries get a middle class. It is factual to say there are millions of really big men in Eastern Europe and more than any other part in the world.
As for Haye it is just a question of which heavyweight will send him back to the cruiserweights because he is like Arlovski in that he has no chin.

I make up my own mind on fighters - sometimes wrong, sometimes right.
We cant ever prove if a prime Holmes would have beaten Vitali, but I cant see many people siding with your view to be honest. I think more like Holmes' nickname would have a double meaning if this fight ever took place. I would say that even the majority of the mediocre HW of the 80's that Tyson used as cannon fodder (Tucker, Smith, Biggs, Berbick, Thomas) would have taken all the current champs apart on the same night. As for what Tyson would have done to them doesn't bear thinking about. I'm not saying the past HW were supermen, but for my money the current crop of HW will be soon forgotten as a sorry era for boxing. Boring, static, amateurs.
Maple Leaf

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 12:51:29 AM »

I know you hate steroid users, Maple Leaf. Your comments in the past on Mosley have been scathing. That's why I find it puzzling that you support Vitali.

Have you read Vitali's book that he released in 2004, where he admits to using steroids? Don't take my word for it - read his words/book. Truly shocking.

From what I have read about Vitali, he took steroids as an amateur and payed for it by losing his chance to compete in the Olympics where he would have probably won a medal -if not gold. If you have followed his pro career he hardly looks like a roider. I do not support anyone taking PEDs. I doubt he used anything as a pro as he has shown no evidence of it.

Since you brought up the subject, steroids add longevity to an athletes' career.  Holyfield is a known user; Hopkins is a suspected user. Do you notice any similarities? Bruno and especially  Briggs were suspected users. You know about Toney and his 1 year suspension. That was the same Toney that once said he was going to "beat all of those Russians". Yeah right. I wonder how Haye was ripped at 200 and equally ripped at 220 some months later? Roy Jones Jr. was a known user and fought John Ruiz to prove how usefull the drugs can be. However we saw how without the drug enhancements Jones just didn't cut it anymore and a whistle clean -and aged- Calzaghe burned him up with speed. I wonder just how fast Calzaghe would have been with the use of steroids. His televised fights would have had to be shown in slow motion to allow viewers to see the punches at normal speed.  Wink

I justify my appreciation for the greatness of Vitali in recognition that he made the mistake as an amateur, payed for it, and freely admits it. However, NONE of the fighters mentioned above have ever admitted to using banned substances. Even Toney denies it!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: