LiveFight
October 24, 2014, 11:04:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  (Read 3581 times)
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« on: January 03, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »

Kell Brook will make his first appearance of 2012 at the Sheffield Arena on March 17. The unbeaten Welterweight star is back from his successful debut in America and promoter Eddie Hearn was quick to secure Brook to sign for another hometown show against an opponent to be named at a press conference next week.

The 25 year-old blasted Luis Galarza away in five rounds in Atlantic City on December 17 to extend his unbeaten pro record to 26 fights. Brook will fight in the Steel City for the third time in ten months and the WBA Inter Continental champion is looking forward to the biggest show of his career so far.

“America was a great experience and a valuable one for the future, but I’m delighted to be headlining a massive show in Sheffield,” said Brook.

“This is a huge night for me – the biggest show to come to Sheffield in many years and I'm ready to put in a devastating performance against a tough opponent.”

Hearn added: “Kell was a big hit in America – he performed well, charmed the fans and pundits and learnt so much in the process. Now it’s time to kick on in 2012 and when we first sat down the plan was always to aim for a big showcase fight at Sheffield Arena as soon as possible. March 17 is a massive fight for Kell Brook and for British boxing and fans can also expect a top undercard with Matchroom’s talent on display.”

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/kell-brook-fights-again-sheffield-march-17th-0#.TwMZJTjaVYE.twitter

Cant think of anyone other than Hatton at this point.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:54:16 PM by CelticHiggo » Logged

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
LiveFight
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »

Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »

Matthew should stay away from Kell, its a backward step for a fight he wont win,he should go a different route (WBA) and if he wins that and Kell wins a title then maybe then?
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »

Junior Witter?
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »

Junior Witter?

Can't see that being from the same gym.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
johnymac
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »

Loves these big profile match ups does kell
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »

Need to see Kell in with someone now.. Lets see his true potential
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »

Does anyone else think its strange that Cleverley, Burns and now Brook have dates announced before an opponent is named. All suggest that it won't be a big name opponent for either and with all on the fringe of World level should be fighting top opposition
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »

ah good night Roll Eyes
styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »

Hatton v Brook is not a bad fight actually but completely meaningless outside these shores. If Brook stops Matt, fair play, but any other outcome will not be considered success as Matts been whipped a few times now.
presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »

cant see it being matt hatton, matts been out for a while now and i would have thought he'd be in with someone before xmas to keep fresh.

'contendunt ad optimum'
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »

Anyone know what day next week the press conference is happening?

I think Matt has come to abit of a dead end tbh and id be surprised if it wasnt him but one thing is for sure and that is Hatton will be there to win.He has alot of heart and would fight anyone but i dont think he wins this fight but will be competitive.

ramrod jab

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »

I think this would be a pointless fight for Brook, he needs to get a name on his CV, someone still very dangerous.
Someone like Randall Bailey or even though he is not a massive name Jesus Soto Kurass.
The fight I would love to see would be Brook against Mike Jones, that has war written all over it in blood.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »

Personally I think its a backward step for Brook fighting Hatton he needs to step up and fight better fighters now.

A Slice of Life
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »

Fair play to Matthew if he takes this fight, he must know a win is not likely for him and that he could make easier money doing easier fights.

Team Groves
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »

Kel Brook looks very promising at this stage, and it's a difficult task to put him in with the right fighters to groom him for World level.  But Matt Hatton is NOT it!
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: