LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 08:28:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you like to see next ? (includes Cotto-Clottey *SPOILER*)  (Read 2067 times)
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 14, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »

So what would everyone like to see next? Personally, I thought last night was an entertaining fight by a couple of great fighters and props to Cotto who showed a lot of heart continuing on with that severe cut. That being said, last night's performance showed me that neither of these guys are as skilled as Pacquiao or Mayweather. Clottey had every opportunity to win the fight. With Cotto being severely hampered by the cut due to the headbutt, an elite fighter would have been all over it and 'sealed the deal'. Cotto's now been through some wars. He's easy to find and maybe even more so now after these recent fights. No arguing his fights are exciting to watch, though.

Arum wants to make Pacquiao-Cotto happen, and why not. He won't have to share the pot with another promoter, he knows Manny's his cash cow and believes he will win, he probably thinks Cotto will leave Top Rank eventually, too. One of the HBO announcers even made a comment to the effect that as vulnerable as Cotto looked in winning maybe Mayweather would be willing to fight him, now. (Funny how looking vulnerable can open more doors than looking great, i. e. Paul Williams.)

I'd like to see Pacquiao fight the winner of Mayweather-Marquez, next. I'm not really interested in Pacquiao-Cotto myself. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cotto-Mosley rematch. Then the winners of Pacquiao vs Mayweather/Marquez and Mosley vs Cotto 2 could meet. Unless, JMM somehow beats Mayweather and then Pacquiao, as I can't see him fighting someone as big as Mosley or Cotto. For Clottey, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Williams or maybe even Margarito again.

What would anyone else like to see over the coming months?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:01:40 PM by brocktonbomber » Logged
LiveFight
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »

jim1973
V.I.P

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

For me Cotto v Williams would be a cracker.

I feel williams would win by ko.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: