LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 03:16:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ringside Extra - Quigg Munroe  (Read 2005 times)
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« on: April 13, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »

Both on

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,18293_7668591,00.html
LiveFight
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »

presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »

i did find it funny when barry was trying to not make comments when he clearly wanted to  Grin

i do see quigg beating munroe, and i see frampton beating quigg tbh.

its a good time for british boxing.

'contendunt ad optimum'
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

I think Munroe will look for a knockout and will probabloy get it. I think Quigg is hiding a dodgey beard.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »

I just hope with Quigg being given his shot he will give Frampton his should he win, Scott did say that fight would happen in twelve months so hopefully he is right.

Team Groves
harty
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »

Monroe came over as a bit cocky for me.i like the look of frampton and think he would give them both a descent fight.

flowers of manchester
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »

Monroe came over as a bit cocky for me.i like the look of frampton and think he would give them both a descent fight.

I was surprised by his approach.

I speak to him pretty often and he's very mild. But obviously he cranked it up for the telly - but to be fair he did have a point when he said why fight no3 when Im fighting no2 next ? i want to move up not look backwards.

Quigg looked sensational against Booth - then lacklustre in his next. Perhaps he needs to get up for it. Frampton has showed no frailties yet though so difficult to pick against him, but he has fought lesser people to date. He needs a test first.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »

I speak to him pretty often and he's very mild. But obviously he cranked it up for the telly - but to be fair he did have a point when he said why fight no3 when Im fighting no2 next ? i want to move up not look backwards.

Quigg looked sensational against Booth - then lacklustre in his next. Perhaps he needs to get up for it. Frampton has showed no frailties yet though so difficult to pick against him, but he has fought lesser people to date. He needs a test first.

I think people read too much into the Booth fight. Booth was never more than decent Euro level, and by the time he fought Quigg he was completely washed up. He had shipped a hiding in a bull ring by Kiko previous to it and it was always going to be easy for Quigg, Booth is also feather fisted. It was a complete banker for team Quigg and I for one never ever saw Quigg losing that one. I think he's an accident waitig to happen. Munroe will have to much for him.

Any odds yet?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »

I think people read too much into the Booth fight. Booth was never more than decent Euro level, and by the time he fought Quigg he was completely washed up. He had shipped a hiding in a bull ring by Kiko previous to it and it was always going to be easy for Quigg, Booth is also feather fisted. It was a complete banker for team Quigg and I for one never ever saw Quigg losing that one. I think he's an accident waitig to happen. Munroe will have to much for him.

Any odds yet?

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing-mma/boxing/scott-quigg-v-rendall-munroe/winner

I'm not sure what Munroe has left since his move to the Hattons.  Going the distance with Miyagi who had a fair few KO losses on his record didn't bode well.  Although he KO'd Saez in one in his next fight, he was a guy who had been KO'd for fun by a lot of fighters.

I just hope the Quigg v Frampton debate is settled in a fight between the two of them and not by someone else intervening a la Gamboa and Lopez.
harty
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »

Fair enough.the lad I use to work with knows bellew and he says off the camera he,s a decsent bloke.I know it's part of the build up ,but I just like honest and humble fighters.

flowers of manchester
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »

This is a mouthwatering fight, really is.

I personally wasn't keen on it happening cos i like both and ideally would like both to have picked up world titles. But its happening now and its a superb matchup with plenty on the line.

Still not sure whose going to win, its delicately poised. Scott has looked better lately, but he was a bit ropey against Arthur and in fairness to Rendall i think he's struggled for motivation in his fights since Nishioka.

Some have suggested he's lost a step, but i don't think that's the case. I think we'll see the best of Rendall in this fight. Its upto Scott to show he also belongs at world level too. If he doesn't he'll come unstuck, if he does then we could have a special fight on our hands here. We know about Munroe, he's proven to be world class. But Quigg is still a question mark so its a step into the unknown both for him and his fans.

Looking forward to seeing this one go down. Simply a high calibre matchup that doesn't require any hype.

HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »

Frampton beats both IMO, I don't mean to sound like Mcguigan and i know it's early but Frampton has a bit to much for both to be honest.

Great fighter.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 06:02:41 AM »

Frampton beats both IMO, I don't mean to sound like Mcguigan and i know it's early but Frampton has a bit to much for both to be honest.

Great fighter.

I think Frampton could stop Quigg possibly by walking him down but if Quigg is on his game, he could win a points victory easily and widely, defo a 'pickem'
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: