LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 03:09:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight's boxing **SPOILERS**  (Read 5642 times)
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

God knows what fight Dave Paris was watching...

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »

wow! nice one Billy...

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »

God knows what fight Dave Paris was watching...

Gonzalez, Mitchell and Dawson by KO is 13/1. Interesting bet.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 01:37:49 AM »

Gonzalez, Mitchell and Dawson by KO is 13/1. Interesting bet.

I was thinking Hopkins by tko loss earlier but Dawson isn't that much of a hitter so i don't think he'll hurt him that much, atleast not for a full fledged KO anyway...

Already had a bet tonight anyway mate, an accumulator 5 football games from earlier and Saunders, Webb and Dawson all to win so if Dawson pulls it off it's a cheeky 100 for me.

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 03:55:51 AM »

I was thinking Hopkins by tko loss earlier but Dawson isn't that much of a hitter so i don't think he'll hurt him that much, atleast not for a full fledged KO anyway...

Already had a bet tonight anyway mate, an accumulator 5 football games from earlier and Saunders, Webb and Dawson all to win so if Dawson pulls it off it's a cheeky 100 for me.

Nice one pal its a good feeling. I got a five timer in the NBA the other night, all even money handicaps so it worked out nice, Its always a good day when an accum comes up. Normally some obscure result messes you up!!! I should have known better with Hopkins, all he did was spoil, head butt and hold. Was never going to fight enough to get knocked out. Hopefully he retires now. Bit of a joke!!!
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 03:55:51 AM »

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 04:05:33 AM »

Thought Hops won. I didn't see anything that Dawson did to rack up the points. Hops was witty and pot shotting with clean shots. Dawson had a good 9th and tenth with his clean counter punching but I'm not getting what everybody is on about. Dawson wasn't even that assertive and was equally just as guilty as Hopkins at times for clinching. I'm not seeing it.

And with people saying on the likes of facebook that the fight was "boring", they were never really giving Hopkins a chance from the start were they. I thought the bout was far from boring and was fascinated at watching the 47 year old out-thinking Dawson.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:07:31 AM by Skav » Logged

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »

Thought Hops won. I didn't see anything that Dawson did to rack up the points. Hops was witty and pot shotting with clean shots. Dawson had a good 9th and tenth with his clean counter punching but I'm not getting what everybody is on about. Dawson wasn't even that assertive and was equally just as guilty as Hopkins at times for clinching. I'm not seeing it.

And with people saying on the likes of facebook that the fight was "boring", they were never really giving Hopkins a chance from the start were they. I thought the bout was far from boring and was fascinated at watching the 47 year old out-thinking Dawson.

AH skav, all he did was throw a few soft combos, risk free and hold, he refused to fight and the only solid shots were from Dawson.
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 04:42:30 AM »

Mate,no offence but your eyes must be painted.
Hopkins did nothing at all in this fight.He ran and tried to spoil and throw the occasional sneaky right hand which Dawson had already figured out.
Dawson was always a bad style match  up for Bhop,so he had 2 options.
1.Fight like a man and lose badly.
2.Fight Negative,spoil and try not to get busted up and lose a decision.

So Bhop chose the later and lost this fight hands down.
Dawson had him figured out and even though he was headbutted,he kept his composure and controlled distance with such ease.
Its such a shame Dawson did not look as impressive as he would have liked,since Bhop was unwilling to Tango.
Age was a lesser factor in this fight,styles was the biggest factor.
I bet Bhop can fight another Young Slugger and beat him well,but Boxers will give him Hell.
We see why he has been avoiding Dawson for years.

Lets see how Dan Goosen reacts to this,as Dawson did not look too beasty in beating Bhop,so lets hope he takes the Bait.

Southern Storm
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 04:55:09 AM »

I had it 118-111, giving Bernard 2 rounds and a share of one.

I actually found it a fairly interesting fight. Wouldn't want to watch it again, but watching live it held my interest even at 4 AM. Hopkins never got dominated, he was always competitive. He landed some sneak punches and frustrated Dawson at times. But Chad kept his composure, didn't fall for the smoke and mirrors and scored consistently throughout.

Bernard was dirty as to be expected but Dawson to his credit didn't lose his shape. He also crucially kept his focus and stuck with the plans laid out for him by John Scully, who did an excellent job in the corner keeping Dawson's mind on the task.

Satisfying win for Dawson after the shenanigans and frustration of the last fight. He'll be pissed off about the cuts he's received, and he clearly felt a bit irritated afterwards that more wasn't done to penalise Bernard for the butts. But when he watches the fight back, he'll realise that he did a solid professional job.
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:06 AM »

I feel Brother Naz kept it real by telling Hopkins not to use Politics as an Alibi,coz he needed to step it up and let his hands go.
Bhop was un-interested so he did what he did to spoil and not get dominated and still lost hands down.
He also showed his lack of class by walking out without giving an Interview.Fans turned out in descent numbers given how neither fighter is a draw.But Bhop could not care less,so he walked out.
This is not the last we will hear from him.He will wait to face another Limited slugger with hype,and he will try and roll back the clock again.
Andre Ward says he's willing to fight Dawson,but his promoters will think otherwise,unless HBO inflates their offer.
Just can't see him fight Dawson next coz they are looking at an easy Home fight first,to make easy Cash ,then take on a High risk fight after that.
But they might be willing to fight him in the FALL.

Southern Storm
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »

Hopkins needs to walk away now. He's in serious danger of going down the Evander Holyfield road to delusion.

When he does break his silence, you can guarantee he'll say he won the fight.
cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:36 AM »

one judge had it even?what f***ing fight was he watching?gave B-Hop 2 rounds matybe 3 at best,his best weapon all night long was his head and he was eventually warned by the ref in a neutral corner and it came over HBO loud and clear"when are you gonna stop it?"he did more running than our own BoltonDave did in the NYC marathon-only good thing bout the fight was neither fighter&Jim Lmapley so duly noted,were known as knock out artists so 12 rounds was expected Wink

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
The Underdog
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »

Hopkins needs to walk away now. He's in serious danger of going down the Evander Holyfield road to delusion.

When he does break his silence, you can guarantee he'll say he won the fight.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if FW gets Bhop for clev now, Nathan would beat him with work rate, I think Dawson would punch holes in clev  though...
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if FW gets Bhop for clev now, Nathan would beat him with work rate, I think Dawson would punch holes in clev  though...

Thats an interesting thought mate.

Cos though he lost the other night, i still don't expect Hopkins to retire and though he should by all rights be chilling by now, i don't think physically its his only option.

He'd be wise to call it a day, but until someone really roughs him up and puts a hurting on him. I don't see him walking away. And in all fairness to him, physically he didn't look bad against Dawson. He looked healthy and did the 12 rounds no problem. His technique looked ok, but stylewise Dawson is just wrong for him. He has the speed, range and movement required to nullify to a large degree what Hopkins tries to do.

But put a different fighter in front of Bernard and he could still have success. The question is, what fights are really out there for him worth taking which would add lustre to the legacy and money to the bank balance.

A Cleverly fight whilst not doing much for his legacy, would add some $000's to his bank balance. And stylewise Nathan would suit Hopkins much more than Dawson. Cleverly's rangy like Dawson, but is in your face with a leaky defense. His workrate and sheer insistence would be problematic for Bernard, but Hopkins would figure to find the target easy enough and we may see Cleverly march severely stunted.

A decent case could be made either way. Its an interesting enough fight and for the right cash then Hopkins would probably be prepared to come to Britain at this point in time....BUT....its the right cash bit that's the problem, cos Bernard will want a kings ransom and i'm not sure Fwanks pockets are all that deep anymore.

He paid Tszyu well to come over here and face Ricky, but at that point Fwank was rolling in cash thanks to the way Hatton had been regularly filling the MEN for him. That fight was worth the financial risk for Fwank.....not sure he'd see a Hopkins/Cleverly fight in the same light, especially at the moment when i'm sure his finances aren't too clever.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

Clev vs Hopkins wouldn't sell an arena.

Coming off basically 2 losses, 47yr old and boring as eff.

'yeah but you'd see a legend in the uk ' they cry. More fool them !
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: