LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 04:46:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight's boxing **SPOILERS**  (Read 5972 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »

Clev vs Hopkins wouldn't sell an arena.

Coming off basically 2 losses, 47yr old and boring as eff.

'yeah but you'd see a legend in the uk ' they cry. More fool them !

Think the Welsh would turn up for it....but reckon its a non starter cos the promoter won't or can't stump up the readies required to bring Hopkins over.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »

The Underdog
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »

Think the Welsh would turn up for it....but reckon its a non starter cos the promoter won't or can't stump up the readies required to bring Hopkins over.

They could take nathan on the road to get a name under his belt, Cant see the american public having much appetite for it though myself.

Hop has said he'll fight until he's 50, Maybe he'll play gate keeper at LHW for a few pay days?
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »

They could take nathan on the road to get a name under his belt, Cant see the american public having much appetite for it though myself.

Hop has said he'll fight until he's 50, Maybe he'll play gate keeper at LHW for a few pay days?

No, Hopkins won't hang around fighting just for the sake of it. He'll only take fights now he expects to win and that he'll get well paid for.

As a champion at 175 he was a target to be shot down and was duty bound to defend against the best, even if they weren't a good style for him to face as was the case with Dawson.

But now the pressure is off and Hopkins can and will look to cherry pick the best fights for him......rubber match with Roy anyone?!  Wink
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »

Mate,no offence but your eyes must be painted.
Hopkins did nothing at all in this fight.He ran and tried to spoil and throw the occasional sneaky right hand which Dawson had already figured out.
Dawson was always a bad style match  up for Bhop,so he had 2 options.
1.Fight like a man and lose badly.
2.Fight Negative,spoil and try not to get busted up and lose a decision.

So Bhop chose the later and lost this fight hands down.
Dawson had him figured out and even though he was headbutted,he kept his composure and controlled distance with such ease.
Its such a shame Dawson did not look as impressive as he would have liked,since Bhop was unwilling to Tango.

Dawson didn't figure them out because he was being caught with the pot shotting and rarely came back with anything. He started to counter in the 9th and 10th effectively and looked more assertive but then went back to looking a bit bemused. No, I still don't see it. Dawson started well with the jab in the first round and neglected that. He came forward but you don't get points for stalking. Hopkins was outwitting the younger man with the faster single shots and stuck and move effectively. The only postive thing I can say about Dawson is that sometimes he got the better of the exchanges.

I thought Dawson was vastly overrated before the fight and I still do.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:03:28 PM by Skav » Logged

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
fightscorecollector

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

how did you all score the hopkins fight so i can put them in my blog.

i had it 117-112 dawson

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

my boxing blog collecting scores from the best boxing sites
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

presa
Executive Member

Hardookan!

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »

soooooo glad i didnt bother waitiing up for this fight!

BHOP should just retire, he has proven himself to be a dominant force in the age he is now leave with dignity.

Fair play to billy joe saunders, i bet he didnt expect to pop his opponent away that quickly!

'contendunt ad optimum'
Mal
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

I'm glad Hopkins was done on the scorecards, fair result in my view. The dirty bastard is already crying robbery, clown.

I'm tired of his dirty antics. He might be a crafty old fox, legend, all that shit but he's as boring as bat shit to watch and downright annoying with his dirty tactics.

I'm glad Dawson pulled it off, next stop Ward by the looks of things. Ward will be a little to cute and fresh for Dawson imo. He would be all over Dawson like a dirty rash, mauling away and frustrating him with workrate and inside fighting. Pascal layed a nice blue print, Ward doesn't share the same power but wouldn't need power anyway, just a good solid workrate and a change of styles through out. I'm not fully convinced of Dawson's mental state when it get's tough and he can't get his own way, I think Ward would break him mentally.

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:43 AM »

Hopkins is very good at out-gaming people (see Pascal rematch) but when his mind games fail, it seems to backfire on him somewhat.

But going back to Hop vs Clev.

The problem is that Hopkins ego is so monumental that it impairs his vision at the negotiations table. Combine that with Clev's promoter throwing poor offers around = stalemate.

FW is the master at bringing over washed-up, faded American names for a payday. But that was when he was cash rich.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: